• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes, just checked again. Library stays clean, they are just on your profile's game list.

Good good! Well, I finished my exams. One went great, the others so-so. Now I have plenty of time to play some non demanding games in my free time. Maybe I'll even order most of my PC Parts and just use the old graphics card. I mean 880 series is around the corner >.>

Awesome! I was afraid that my Library would get muddled up. I'll try it tomorrow.

Time for an upgrade eh? :D thats always an exciting time. What physically demanding game are you planning on playing once you get your new parts together? I'm hoping my PC can run Batman Arkham Knight.

Since Batman physical copy will be redeemable on Steam, I'll be getting that Collector Edition whenever its announced. :) I can't wait.

Kiru

Awesome! I was afraid that my Library would get muddled up. I'll try it tomorrow.

Time for an upgrade eh? :D thats always an exciting time. What physically demanding game are you planning on playing once you get your new parts together? I'm hoping my PC can run Batman Arkham Knight.

Since Batman physical copy will be redeemable on Steam, I'll be getting that Collector Edition whenever its announced. :) I can't wait.
I think there are a few exceptions like Portal 2 Sixense Perceptual Pack, which will show on your library list, because it is one of the older free games, that doesn't have the "remove" on your accountdetails. All the ones I added just a few minutes ago didn't end up in my library (like 80 games).

Still haven't really decided what to play when everything is ready, maybe Crysis 2 ? Still only played the first one, and that one was already gorgeous.
Yeah Batman will look amazing. I was blown away when I watched the E3 stuff.

Nabs

We're getting some NBA2k PC information today. It looks like the game is finally Steamworks this time (2k9 doesn't count), and will finally feature the new graphics engine.

I can't wait to see how they screw this up.

Lain

Speaking of Mitsurugi, I played about 5-10 minutes of it and it was just smashing dummy-like enemies (who barely do anything to you) in a tiny arena. Is that just the tutorial or is that what the game is?

That's the game. You kill waves of enemies (they get more annoying as the game progresses) until the boss pops for the stage, then you kill the boss (if you manage to), all the while unlocking abilities and upgrades.

Shadownet

Banned
Still haven't really decided what to play when everything is ready, maybe Crysis 2 ? Still only played the first one, and that one was already gorgeous.
Yeah Batman will look amazing. I was blown away when I watched the E3 stuff.

I would get Crysis 3 just to test my PC. (It won't run max) maybe ill just get Far Cry 3 one day. Should be good enough. Lol

ANyone knows wherever the new Silent Hill is PS4 exclusive or not? I have a PS4, but would like to play it on PC ofc.

Its too early to tell I think. They haven't announce much beside the name and who's working on it.

Nobody else excited for Might & Magic Heroes VII?

I'm about 40% excited.

fantomena

Its too early to tell I think. They haven't announce much beside the name and who's working on it.

WIki have this:

UwvtyaF.png

But that's too little for a official confirmation.

I played parts of the demo and it was fucking brilliant.

yuraya

ANyone knows wherever the new Silent Hill is PS4 exclusive or not? I have a PS4, but would like to play it on PC ofc.

Konami doesn't release much for PC nowadays. So the likelihood is its just PS4/XO. or maybe just PS4.

If Sony is publishing than its exclusive.

Bundle spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-A70F44A3FE3457D9 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

We're getting some NBA2k PC information today. It looks like the game is finally Steamworks this time (2k9 doesn't count), and will finally feature the new graphics engine.

I can't wait to see how they screw this up.

The sad thing is the actual people working on the game put so much hard work into it and all it takes is some executive with no clue about games or the gaming community to say 'hey this feature sounds expensive, can't we just use stuff from our last game' or 'we just heard about this revolutionary new digital rights management software that we're putting into the game, those pirates will never crack this one' and all that hard work goes down the drain.

I'm optimistic though, this could be my first NBA game since NBA Jam

Ruruja

I just got e-mailed a free Nosgoth Beta key from Square Enix. Never gonna play the game so if anyone fancies it, PM me and you can have it.

Saty

After reading Steam's new of Tags going out of beta and what they are trying to achieve, i hope my suggestions will be added soon enough:
1. Search by multiple tags.
2. See how your friends tagged games.

jblank83

This is something they've been working on since January. It'll allow personalities like TotalBiscuit
or me, I guess
to set up their own recommendations which people will be able to "follow" (like Twitter) and those games will show up in the follower's "Discovery Queue".

There was some talk at one point of this leading to revenue being generated by the curator (a cut of the sale) but it looks like according to the latest intel that this idea has been completely scrapped in favor of a more altruistic "Do this because it'll grow your fanbase elsewhere and because you want people to play good games and not shitty ones and we want you to stop complaining that we changed the homepage to show top sellers instead of new releases."

Ah... I don't like this.

Grief.exe

No one has mentioned exclusivity at this point and Konami being a multiplatform publisher, I doubt it will be exclusive to the PS4.

Konami seems to have jumped on the PC bandwagon as of late, so there is a good chance it will end up on the platform.

Edit: sorry for DP

fantomena

No one has mwntioned exclusivity at this point and Konami being a multiplatform publisher, I doubt it will be exclusive to the PS4.

Konami seems to have jumped on the PC bandwagon as of late, so there is a good chance it will end up on the platform.

Edit: sorry for DP

Okay. Lots of rumors seems to say that the game is published by Sony, like the first SIlent Hill, if that's true it's gonnaq be PS4 exclusive.

jblank83

Why not? You aren't forced to follow anyone, you can customize and curate your own storefront if you wish.

As I mentioned a couple of pages back, it brings along with it all the problems inherent in a cult of personality. Right now it's just a store front. You come in, look at a wall of games, search for a specific game you want, and you're done. Now we'll have salesmen pushing junk for a cut, orators getting up on soap boxes, shills pushing agendas, rabble rousers pushing politics.

I also don't see the benefit. I guess if I totally completely love Total Biscuit and I want to buy every game he recommends, now it's easier for me to do so. I could already do that by following his youtube channel though.

If Valve wanted to improve the shopping experience, they could add tabs so I can browse the "top 100" genre lists and look at individual games without having to restart a list from number 1 and scrolling forward 10 at a time. Or they could improve the search filter. Or they could get rid of Adobe Flash. Or a hundred other significant UI improvements.

Really it just seems like a mostly useless feature that might unnecessarily complicate the storefront and the service. Then again, I haven't seen it in action, so who knows.

If Valve wanted to improve the shopping experience, they could add tabs so I can browse the "top 100" genre lists and look at individual games without having to restart a list from number 1 and scrolling forward 10 at a time. Or they could improve the search filter. Or a hundred other significant UI improvements.

So true it makes me want to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom