• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
seems like, as a general rule, trading cards with anime girls have relatively high value

that mitsurugi whatever game has a profile background that goes for upwards of 7 bucks. I've never seen one above 4 cents before.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
that mitsurugi whatever game has a profile background that goes for upwards of 7 bucks. I've never seen one above 4 cents before.

I got a rare Ys Origin and a rare Trails in the Sky Waifu background yesterday, I should get around 20€/27$ for both :D

Praise crazy anime waifu fans!

nothing against Anime, love a good one myself.... but who in there right mind pays ~10€ for a Steam background image?

Three games that I am really hyped about right now are Bloodborne, Silent Hills and Hotline Miami 2. I might have to buy a PS4 (but only after I upgrade my PC)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Zarx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zarx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-8C3163406DB77A1B - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Avernum: Escape From the Pit -- MB-5C5F2F905F197EFF - Taken by Jadax. 9 entrants total.
Croixleur Sigma -- MB-7B2B43D9982A7BDF - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 36 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-7DD0E1383F7FCA28 - Taken by Anteater. 26 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-24C531DD75CE4373 - Taken by EdmondD. 25 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for One Way Heroics was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Avernum: Escape From the Pit was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Croixleur Sigma was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ys Origin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407923823z1.png

aku:jiki

Speaking of Mitsurugi, I played about 5-10 minutes of it and it was just smashing dummy-like enemies (who barely do anything to you) in a tiny arena. Is that just the tutorial or is that what the game is?

The backgrounds are why the cards are expensive to begin with. It's very common with waifu backgrounds.

tylerf

Damn I was hoping I'd get the 250 badge after running that game script. :p I'm guessing I need to actually buy something now to activate it.

Ozium

Someone told me they didn't show it. I'm never trusting anyone outside SteamGAF again.

Guess I'll see how things blow up on launch day.

I think he said NOPE because of salt... They literally showed 20 minutes of nothing with Peter Moore making wisecracks throughout it...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm excited.
-------

Does anyone know if you buy a physical retail copy of AC Unity, will it be a steam key?

Don't be, it's apparently a F2P Secret World clone that looks pretty crap.

The retail copy of AC Unity will only activate on Uplay

Ozium

Don't be, it's apparently a F2P Secret World clone that looks pretty crap.

The retail copy of AC Unity will only activate on Uplay

EA's got innovation like Sims 4, new Bioware F2P Secret World clone... new MOBA and Battlefield: Global Offensive!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Boo.. What about the new CoD?
------
The last physical copy I bought was Dragon Age II. So I forgot if most of them tend to be steam key or not.

All major publishers outside of Ubisoft and EA use Steam for their PC games, so you don't need to worry

EA's got innovation like Sims 4, new Bioware F2P Secret World clone... new MOBA and Battlefield: Global Offensive!

Yeah, what a disappointing conference. At least we have Dragon Age coming in November

Shadownet

Banned
Worked! Thanks. lol

WTF my count increased by 80. I thought I had most of these!

Why do you guys do this?:( maybe I just don't understand.
-----
@SubZero I found a wikipedia page when googling steamwork. Batman AK, Evolve and The Evil Within all uses steam activation on physical copies. So that mean even if they are region locked. I can still get 15% discount if I buy a physical copy at GameStop.

(Btw those of you who are planning on doing something similar. If I can help you out. Feel free to ask me. I can ship you the game or give you the code.)

$60 physical copy game + 15% off is about $50 at the end. Give or take. Its not much but its better than paying full price.

The_Super_Inframan

Still up for grabs...

RADICAL ROACH DELUXE EDITION -- MB-B53CF3445E9F12B2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-A840476B8788BBA8 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

MayMay

Banned
Why do you guys do this?:( maybe I just don't understand.

Oh god now I feel bad about it ._.

e7a2a2067a4e6574674773f6a52e8d91.png

I'm so close to 500 games now though. I already had most of them added anyways - so its no big deal. Nice that it stopped right at 499, so now I can very carefully select what my #500 game is gonna be lol.

Bad Rats or something.

I don't understand it either. Perhaps you get some special reward for having a bug collection.

They're not actually in your games library though. They're just.. on your profile. Otherwise I wouldnt have done it. Cant take spam in my library.

The_Super_Inframan

free games are games too, in my mind the +1 is legit :p

that makes me wonder, do the free games count towards the next badge? 2000 in my case...

MayMay

Banned
Being a console gamer for a long time, the only thing that mattered are achievements, but I guess for PC players. Its the amount of games they have:p whether its free or bought. Its probably a culture I have yet to understand.

Yeap, since Achievements on Steam are pretty worthless its the amount of games that counts lol. So a +1 is worth alot. Kinda. :p

Tellaerin

Speaking of Mitsurugi, I played about 5-10 minutes of it and it was just smashing dummy-like enemies (who barely do anything to you) in a tiny arena. Is that just the tutorial or is that what the game is?

The enemies and bosses ramp up in difficulty and force you to fight more technically as you get further in, but there's no platforming or exploration, if that's what you were wondering. Sort of like "DMC: Arcade Edition" - you and a bunch of enemies/a boss in a room, with the focus solidly on combat. I got a couple of levels into it the other night and will probably sink more time in and see about beating it.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah I don't craft bages (except sales ones), so I reached lvl 14 just with games.

also...
Shadoooooowneeeet <3 , feeling well again ?

So each free game give you 1XP? I'm still stuck at lv.12 I believe. Gotta get to that 20.

still sore and aching every now and then but I'm doing alright :) how are you mate?

lukiluk

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lukiluk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-0EE800A0DCF6EACC - Taken by Sendou
enjoy

Kiru

So each free game give you 1XP?

still sore and aching every now and then but I'm doing alright :) how are you mate?

Yes, just checked again. Library stays clean, they are just on your profile's game list.

Good good! Well, I finished my exams. One went great, the others so-so. Now I have plenty of time to play some non demanding games in my free time. Maybe I'll even order most of my PC Parts and just use the old graphics card. I mean 880 series is around the corner >.>

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spring-Loaded, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spring-Loaded, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the NecroDancer -- MB-81BAD3024E7CC29E - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 46 entrants total.

t1407926226z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom