• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagamer

Nobody else excited for Might & Magic Heroes VII?
YES! Quite a lot of info released, going to dive in to that. Never really ended up loving VI (despite hours and hours played), hopefully this'll end up better. At least resources seem to be back!

Looks very good. Dev getting owned by beetles - priceless. I don't know if I want to play the beta since I don't want to be spoiled at all... going to be hard to keep away from it though.

RealMeat

Banned
Curated recommendation lists sounds like a good response to the complaint that there is too much junk to sort through on Steam. I wouldn't want them to go back to the pre-Greenlight days when low profile games had a hard time getting on the store. I'd rather basically everything to be available on Steam, and let people curate it themselves.

Teppic

But Steam is already like that. You either rely on Valve's "featured" content, you rely on various automated top charts, you rely on "friends have been playing", you wade through the masses of shit, or you use recommendations externally to the Steam store and don't worry about the front page. Exactly the same thing as iOS. How do you currently find stuff on Steam?
Of course I do that, but I also browse games by price, for example. If there's 20000 bad games added that list I would stop doing that. I look through the free2play category sometimes and see what's new. I sometimes look see what new releases there is on Steam. If there were 50 of the worst games ever made for every good game I wouldn't go to those lists anymore.

You compare it to iOS, but I can't see how it's even remotely as bad on Steam. I never go to the iOS store, that's how bad it is. There's probably a lot of games that are good and worth the time, but I will never find them because all the junk. I find my games through the iOS thread here, but even there I come across suggestions to a lot of bad games.

I just can't see what anyone would gain by having the worst part of the iOS store added to Steam. It's already bad now, I just don't want to see it get worse.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Nosgoth -- MB-37F2E4583983E64A - Taken by spindoctor

Mokoi

Banned
oh no, duder, im a terrible PC gamer in that I play just about everything with a controller since i have my PC connect straight into my TV. Sorry : /

I also always use a controller for just about every game I play. I prefer it over kb/m most of the time. Also your impressions convinced me to get 3. I am really enjoying 2.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Has Obsidian said anything about when PoE will hit Steam Early Access? Heard that they are going to put it up on August 22nd after their pledge period ends, but I'm not sure if that's true or just speculation

Turfster

No idea, I figured it works the same like with every Amazon, use a fake address.

PS So much anger, so much funny. We really are the worst.

I... What? Jesus.

Also, I think amazon.de only needs extra information like the equivalent of a SSN for 18+ stuff.

GreenManGaming updated their "indie games you must play" 'list'.
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
  • Tango Fiesta 50% off
  • Awesomenauts 66% off
  • Betrayer 60% off
  • Driftmoon 75% off

PS: Hey GMG, your layout is a mess.

Ban Puncher

Hey you know what's easier than deleting Steam games and other crap off the boot SSD to make room?

Buying another SSD just for Steam games.

derExperte

Thank you Windows System Restore, I never needed you before, even turned you off sometimes to save space but today you spared me from a complete reinstall. I wonder if one of the patches from yesterday was to blame.

Hey you know what's easier than deleting Steam games and other crap off the boot SSD to make room?

Buying another SSD just for Steam games.

That's what I did. 1TB or go home.

Exuro

PoE gameplay looks pretty good. Going to be a little jarring going from Original Sin's visuals to a more static looking world, but I'm excited.

Turfster

Surprised this wasn't answered yet, but I solve this problem by opening a new tab for each game I want to check out.

Their "tab" system in the client is shit though, since it opens a new window every time.
The only way to navigate the Steam store is with a real browser, which is just sad.

XShagrath

Their "tab" system in the client is shit though, since it opens a new window every time.
The only way to navigate the Steam store is with a real browser, which is just sad.
Well, yeah. I figured no one actually browsed through the client and only used it to launch games.

Hell, if I could launch games through a browser window, I'd probably forgo using the client altogether.

Just bought five full card sets of CS:GO for 1€. Hope I can recoup and make a bit extra at the next sale.
Just learned yesterday that crafting during sales give special cards which in turn sell high.
Feel like a broker at peasant Wall Street, ha.

Turfster

Well, yeah. I figured no one actually browsed through the client and only used it to launch games.

Hell, if I could launch games through a browser window, I'd probably forgo using the client altogether.

If people have to go out of their way to be able to comfortably browse your store and you have a separate client you want people to use, you're doing it wrong ;)
UI 101, really.

-Deimos

L.A. Noire more like L.A. Boire.

It's a bore, get it?

Horrible, I know.

eh...5/10

It's a very unique game and you see the "Rockstar touch" everywhere when you take the time to explore the world.

By which I mean: don't fast travel from one mission to the next.
Take in the world by driving yourself all the time and just cruising around. The attention to detail is remarkable.
(You even get an achievement when you drove a certain amount of miles. And not a lot of people have it looking at the success rate on Steam...)

I got 31 hours out of this game. (This is without any DLC)
And it's only rather towards the ending that certain things get interesting plotwise. It gave me goosebumps.

I'm gonna skip it for now since I don't really have time to play it anyway. I'll probably pick it up during the next steam sale.

Arthea

I'm not ashamed of being among the worst, actually!

Talking about gmg sale of top 50, when it gets updated? I'm probably being my blind myself, as usual, but I can't see timer or info and I thought #30-21 had to be up today.

Turfster

Talking about gmg sale of top 50, when it gets updated? I'm probably being my blind myself, as usual, but I can't see timer or info and I thought #30-21 had to be up today.

The indie one got updated, the "main" one is probably in an hour.

Milamber

I don't really care if it's 30 fps or maxing out at 1080p. As long as the game comes to PC too, that means that the publishers are at least looking at us.

rtcn63

I'd like to take manei's post as mostly veiled satire- the Steam OT can get a bit daft when it comes to hyperbole and opinions (we're not so different than the other fanbases). It can feel like people are doing a disservice to the less knowledgeable who believe SteamGAF the word of metatron. (Once again, applicable to the other factions) It does get weird in here.

And he doesn't mention abuse of Irish actresses, giveaways, and animu waifus. I figure anyone with a genuine dislike for PC gaming in GAF to insert those somewhere.

Deitus

Who in their right mind wouldn't port beg for Bloodbourne seeing as that it's another 30 fps Souls game?

Considering it's published by Sony, most people in their right mind wouldn't waste their time port begging for it. Yeah, it sucks that it won't run at 60 fps, but that's not going to change.

Khronico

I played 53 minutes of Crysis 2. It was not worth spending 2 nights downloading.

Sure was pretty though.

Edit: I might try the multiplayer. I remember it being enjoyable on ps3.

Vazduh

I'll be damned:

The PC version of NBA 2K15 is going next-gen! PC will now experience full breadth of new modes and features found on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with even more graphical fidelity. Here is your first screenshot of NBA 2K15 cover athlete Kevin Durant.

10388182_10154504770815305_6169321964556756400_n.jpg

Also, that soundtrack that Pharrell picked is horrible.

Lomax

40-31 just went up yesterday so it should be two more days before we get 30-21.

Sendou

Considering it's published by Sony, most people in their right mind wouldn't waste their time port begging for it. Yeah, it sucks that it won't run at 60 fps, but that's not going to change.

I'm pretty pleased with Sony's approach on PS4 so far. Looks like it will be a worthy companion for PC one day soon. I like that Sony still has money to give to these quirkier games. Bloodborne is a big deal now but I'm talking about Ancel's WiLD, The Tomorrow's Children, Tearaway and like.

Oh and with all these Early Access games flooding to consoles (The Escapists, Space Engineers, Nom Nom Galaxy, DayZ etc.) I wonder how long until they get proper support for that model. Might be hard because of lack of framework but we'll see. Kind of funny to see lines being blurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom