• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Considering it's published by Sony, most people in their right mind wouldn't waste their time port begging for it. Yeah, it sucks that it won't run at 60 fps, but that's not going to change.

Yeah I'm just gonna think of it as Demon's Souls, I don't actually mind if it doesn't come to PC, I bought my PS4 primarily to play this game lol. Then again I haven't really played Dark Souls 2 on PC yet so I haven't yet been spoiled with the 60FPS Souls, I still need to toughen up and finish off the last portion of the first game! Please someone encourage me to finish Dark SOuls!

Arthea

on the subject of port begging. I don't see how this is annoying. Well, it can be in OT, for example, but people stating that they want some games on whatever platform? what's wrong with that?
not to mention that mostly I want games on gog and steam, as they are indefinitely accessible, and not dependent on hardware cycles, for the most part. In my eyes it makes perfect sense to want a game on PC. I hope you guys don't get annoyed by me wanting games (._.)

The indie one got updated, the "main" one is probably in an hour.

oh, you mean they don't update it simultaneously? I haven't noticed, thanks.

40-31 just went up yesterday so it should be two more days before we get 30-21.

seriously? I somehow thought it's a daily...
oh well

I'm pretty pleased with Sony's approach on PS4 so far. Looks like it will be a worthy companion for PC one day soon. I like that Sony still has money to give to these quirkier games. Bloodborne is a big deal now but I'm talking about Ancel's WiLD, The Tomorrow's Children, Tearaway and like.

Same here, I was slightly regreting my PS4 purchase, got it a few months ago and barely played it, but things are looking much better now, looks like my PC will get some competition for my time.

Hugstable

Banned
Same here, I was slightly regreting my PS4 purchase, got it a few months ago and barely played it, but things are looking much better now, looks like my PC will get some competition for my time.

Same I was slightly regretting it for awhile as well, but Last of Us PS4 was the first game to pull me away from PC and Steam gaming in awhile. Excited to see what still comes out since it hasn't even been a year yet and happy that the PS4 might actually be getting more games. My consoles have basically become exclusive players (Wii U and PS4) while my PC and Steam have become my main gaming area where I play all my Multiplats, Indies, pretty much anything that's not on the other 2 consoles I own. God do I love my PC though, especially with how easy Steam organizes all my games and allow me to start playing. Plus I love knowing that I won't ever have to worry about resolution or framerate problems for awhile with my current rig. ( I did buy a new Monitor recently, but I went with 1080p, I wish 1440p Monitors would finally be cheap, they're still so expensive :-/)

Lomax

The number 20-12 of the Must Have Indie Games on GMG are there but where are the 30-21 ones?

The site layout is horrible!

The old deals are replaced with the new ones. There really wasn't much of note, The Bridge was $2, that's about all I considered buying.

we're pieces of shit 'cause we deal with russian traders and we're the worst scum of the earth now 'cause we port beg. Mos Eisley ain't nothing compared to the SteamGAF Community.

Considering he's one of those traders who tried to drum up his business in this thread when Dunder retired, he's not exactly someone who should point fingers.

we're pieces of shit 'cause we deal with russian traders and we're the worst scum of the earth now 'cause we port beg. Mos Eisley ain't nothing compared to the SteamGAF Community.
I am of those, ha. Was thinking, how do we know Evilore doesn't think russian trading is bad too and won't come cracking on us, like with PopGaf. I doubt it but SteamGaf is an insular place.
The old deals are replaced with the new ones. There really wasn't much of note, The Bridge was $2, that's about all I considered buying.
Ah no. Wanted to grab The Bridge as a gift :( Too late it seems.
Just checked. It still is at reduced price?!

Altazor

Yeah I'm just gonna think of it as Demon's Souls, I don't actually mind if it doesn't come to PC, I bought my PS4 primarily to play this game lol. Then again I haven't really played Dark Souls 2 on PC yet so I haven't yet been spoiled with the 60FPS Souls, I still need to toughen up and finish off the last portion of the first game! Please someone encourage me to finish Dark SOuls!

where you at? What's left?

Arthea

The number 20-12 of the Must Have Indie Games on GMG are there but where are the 30-21 ones?

The site layout is horrible!

Well, at least it can handle traffic now, I remember not being able to access gmg if anything good was on sale even couple of years ago, and even when I could get on it, it was extremely slow. That's why I can live with horrible layout just fine (><)

Turfster

Considering he's one of those traders who tried to drum up his business in this thread when Dunder retired, he's not exactly someone who should point fingers.

There's a reason he got perma-juniored.

Indie Royale Topware Bundle
PRICE: BTA (currently 2.26€)
  • Dream Pinball 3D
  • Planets Under Attack
  • Earth 2140
  • Enclave Gold
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold
  • Jack Orlando
  • X-Blades
  • 3SwitcheD
  • Chicken Shoot
  • Chicken Shoot 2
  • ?

Deitus

Yeah, I've played all of the Souls games on PS3 so far, so PS4 would be a step up for me, performance-wise. I obviously wouldn't mind if Bloodborne came to PC (and I would buy it there if it did), but it's not going to happen, so whatever.

You should definitely finish Dark Souls. When you say you only need to finish the last part, I assume you mean you've already beaten Anor Londo. If so, you're already through the toughest bits. There are a few challenging parts after that, but if you've made it this far you should be able to handle anything the game throws at you.

on the subject of port begging. I don't see how this is annoying. Well, it can be in OT, for example, but people stating that they want some games on whatever platform? what's wrong with that?
not to mention that mostly I want games on gog and steam, as they are indefinitely accessible, and not dependent on hardware cycles, for the post part. In my eyes it makes perfect sense to want a game on PC. I hope you guys don't get annoyed by me wanting games (._.)

There was a thread about this a week ago. The general idea is that derails discussion. It's not a problem to want games on your favored platform. But how you choose to express that desire could derail a thread. If you go into a Bloodborne thread and post "I wish this was coming to Xbox" (or do a similar thing to an Xbox exclusive) it adds nothing to the discussion, and only serves to start an argument.

If you make a post in SteamGAF about games that you think might later come to PC, or that you would want to come to PC, it's generally fine. It is a worthwhile discussion topic, and it's unlikely to start a fight. Of course it could still get out of hand if the thread devolves into page-long lists of everyone's most requested PC ports, so it's not like we have a free pass to port beg in this thread. It's about being smart about what you say in a way that encourages discussion and doesn't derail a thread.

Here's a (long) post by Stump on the subject: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99226163

Hugstable

Banned
I'll be damned:

Also, that soundtrack that Pharrell picked is horrible.

Nice I'll probably be picking it up on PC this year then. I hope they don't do all the Microtransaction BS like what happened to the PS4 version last year, I actually didn't pick up an NBA2K game for the first time ever last year because I was afraid of it so I just stuck with 2K13. I hope they do the nice 30$ pricing again too.

where you at? What's left?

I finished Tomb of the Giants and I think I'm supposed to go to Duke's Archives or Valley of the Drakes next. After Tomb of the Giants and The Bed of Choas, I needed a break from the game for abit. This break needs to come to an end soon, I need to make sure both Souls games are finished by the time Bloodborne is in my hands!

I thought Crysis 3 was the worst of the franchise. There are some areas halfway through the game that made me believe it would actually be good but the last hour of the game is so incredibly underwhelming and dull that it ruined the whole thing for me. It's also really, really short.
I'll take C2 any day of the week. At least it had a campaign you could sink your teeth into and didn't feel rushed.
Sure it had some open areas but they really didn't make the game more interesting imo. More like a failed attempt at trying to recapture what made the first game good.

Altazor

TConsidering he's one of those traders who tried to drum up his business in this thread when Dunder retired, he's not exactly someone who should point fingers.

ouch.

I am of those, ha. Was thinking, how do we know Evilore doesn't think russian trading is bad too and won't come cracking on us, like with PopGaf. I doubt it but SteamGaf is an insular place.

I think actual dealing with providers of retail keys (that might be stolen) is frowned upon by the mods. Steam gifts trading is fine, IIRC... even though that guy (whose name escapes me) thought we were all pieces of shit and criminals because we were discovering alternatives for paying less than we were supposed to. Or something.

Oh shit! I am an idiot!

I bought Binding of Isaac on GMG and after finishing transaction I didn't get a key.

Turns out it was Capsule-DRM. No Steam key :(((

Wanted to gift Isaac to someone.

All of my Playfire credit wasted. Damn. Damn, this hurts.

Jawmuncher

Oh shit! I am an idiot!

I bought Binding of Isaac on GMG and after finishing transaction I didn't get a key.

You could always ask the dev to hook you up.
Maybe he's cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So who here has a collection of big box PC games. I'm curious.

I used to, but about a year ago I set out to consolidate them all down into DVD cases - one per game. I saved any manuals that would fit in the DVD case. I printed out custom artwork (with matching layout and logos) and have them on display with the rest of my console games.

I took the boxes themselves, flattened them, and sold them on eBay for way more money than I thought they should be worth.

I have about 100 or so PC games like this on my shelf at the moment. It looks absolutely fantastic, and my wife is happy that I don't have a ton of old PC game boxes laying about the house.

derExperte

Me, I bought a shitton of PC games during the 90s and 00s (+ Amiga earlier, even C64). But they're sitting in the attic in big cardboard boxes so it's not a collection I can relax and stare at. One of the exceptions is the biiiig WC3 Collector's Edition, that I'll always keep close by.

I took the boxes themselves, flattened them, and sold them on eBay for way more money than I thought they should be worth.

What, you sold the boxes without the games? After flattening them? And you got money?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just asking the Dev for a steam key? Would he even care and I don't even know how to get into contact at all.

I didn't download the game from GMG via Capsule (I don't even have Capsule).

Is GMG cool with refunds?

Yeah typically GMG is okay with refunding Capsule games that you haven't downloaded or played, but sometimes their support is pretty hit or miss.

Oh shit! I am an idiot!

Its like 99c a lot on steam, and damn worth 10 dollars

Altazor

I finished Tomb of the Giants and I think I'm supposed to go to Duke's Archives or Valley of the Drakes next. After Tomb of the Giants and The Bed of Choas, I needed a break from the game for abit. This break needs to come to an end soon, I need to make sure both Souls games are finished by the time Bloodborne is in my hands!

Valley of Drakes is optional. Duke's Archives is pretty but can be very frustrating (and you can sequence break it to skip most of it), especially if you dislike ranged enemies and casters. Some would say Duke's is worse than TotG but I'd kinda disagree - I had a far worse time in that godforsaken pitch-black cave than I ever had in the Archives... though I'd see WHY some might have a harder time.

And, funnily enough, during my first playthrough I barely had any problems with the Archives. During my second playthrough with a different character, I died constantly. Oops.

BROTIP: You might want to invest in a Ring of Sacrifice.

Vazduh

Just asking the Dev for a steam key? Would he even care and I don't even know how to get into contact at all.

I didn't download the game from GMG via Capsule (I don't even have Capsule).

Is GMG cool with refunds?

I don't think so, especially after you received your key.

Ruruja

I was a console gamer until like 2009, only dabbled in a few PC games and they're all DVD-style cases (which I still have). Please don't hate me.

Knurek

So, is Rise of the Tomb Raider the shortest full-on XBone exclusive out there?
MS just confirmed that it's a timed deal it seems.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Oh shit! I am an idiot!

I bought Ninja Blade from them last year which also turned out to be a Capsule Download. I didn't download the game and immediately asked for a refund. Not only they refused but they insulted me as well

Sendou

I don't but I have been thinking that if I had money to spend I would start collecting physical PC games. On Kickstarter you often see those as rewards. It's not uncommon to see a cool box either. Gone Home for example.

So, is Rise of the Tomb Raider the shortest full-on XBone exclusive out there?
MS just confirmed that it's a timed deal it seems.

It's apparently the same deal as Ryse and Dead Rising 3. The difference is that this time the pressure forced MS to spill the beans.

Hugstable

Banned
Valley of Drakes is optional. Duke's Archives is pretty but can be very frustrating (and you can sequence break it to skip most of it), especially if you dislike ranged enemies and casters. Some would say Duke's is worse than TotG but I'd kinda disagree - I had a far worse time in that godforsaken pitch-black cave than I ever had in the Archives... though I'd see WHY some might have a harder time.

And, funnily enough, during my first playthrough I barely had any problems with the Archives. During my second playthrough with a different character, I died constantly. Oops.

BROTIP: You might want to invest in a Ring of Sacrifice.

I heard Duke's Archives is alot like the ending stair portion of Tower of Latria from Demon's Souls with the Spiral staircases. If it's really like that then I won't have any problem, I actually found Tower of Latria pretty easy haha. And yeah I don't see how anything could be worse than Tomb of the Giants, even with the sunlight maggot that whole area is still a bitch.

I bought Ninja Blade from them last year which also turned out to be a Capsule Download. I didn't download the game and immediately asked for a refund. Not only they refused but they insulted me as well

Even more reason not to use GMG, I spent all my playfire credit on the Dishonored DLC's so I'm pretty much done shopping there (not that I ever really shopped there much in the first place besides buying Deus Ex HR along time ago and recently the Dark SOuls 2 Season Pass and Dishonored DLC)

derExperte

lucille_banner.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/252519633803947552

Hi,

This is Robert Kirkman from Skybound and I am the creator of The Walking Dead.

I&#8217;m a huge fan of what OVERKILL and Starbreeze have been able to do with PAYDAY 2. It&#8217;s just an amazing co-operative game and I&#8217;m excited to be able to announce that Skybound is partnering with OVERKILL to make a Walking Dead game. I&#8217;m happy to say that it&#8217;s the co-op game that all of the Walking Dead fans have been waiting for.

And for all the PAYDAY 2 fans out there, this is for you.

Robert
Skybound Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom