• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

YEEEESSSS!!!! Kojima is bringing it at Gamescom! :D

EDIT: Suddenly realises that now I've bought a PS4 basically just for Uncharted and Bloodborne =/

It took more effort to post this than the link... What are you driving towards, sir?
Lemme explain by linking to this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873971
TL;DR, konami posted the button to access the news on their site, but it went nowhere.

bd9437d05d.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Just crafted my first badge in a long time. Got everything I was hoping for. That Lyne coupon is just sweet cherry on top :D

My expectation were quite low.
-----------------------------Metal Gear Solid V on Steam? Well plz be region free. Day 0.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nice, hopefully we get Ground Zeroes soon. There were some pretty underwhelming shots of it from the HD twins so it will be interesting to see if PC gets any additional options like longer draw distance. Also downsamplinggggg.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense to release the 5th game of MGS on PC if you havent released 3 and 4 on PC.

People have been begging for this game to come to PC since it was announced, so it does make sense. I'm sure most people that are interested in 5 and GZ coming to PC are already familiar with both 3 and 4 anyways.

HoosTrax

Makes sense to release the 5th game of MGS on PC if you havent released 3 and 4 on PC.
It's pretty annoying, that's for sure. At least in my case, I did own a PS2. I've had people suggest to me that I should just watch a Youtube of MGS4 since it's all just cutscenes anyway, but I don't think that going to be very satisfying.

On a different note - how good or shitty are Konami ports, usually?

He'd still have to select the area for the image instead of just copying and pasting the link.
You're somewhat right. I should've at least posted a link to the thread. But seeing the nature of the leak, i guess you can understand :p

Nice, hopefully we get Ground Zeroes soon. There were some pretty underwhelming shots of it from the HD twins so it will be interesting to see if PC gets any additional options like longer draw distance. Also downsamplinggggg.
If GZ gets on Steam real soon, instead of being bundled with PP, i'm double dipping so hard.

ground zeroes was pretty good but it was also about 90 minutes long on my first playthrough and that includes me dying a bunch of times forcing me to replay sections.

It's got a little bit of meat on it, though. You can replays it a bunch of times with the 10 or so side missions it has and there's a stupid amount of radio stuff to listen to within the main menu that's gotta be at least an hour long on it's own.

It shouldn't have gone for the $30 that they were selling it. They should've done a Case Zero with it and sold it at $5, maybe $10 tops. But it is fun and it looked really, really good.

Would love to see the entire series in PC

Me too. And then just leave them on PC to mock Xbox.

It's pretty annoying, that's for sure. At least in my case, I did own a PS2. I've had people suggest to me that I should just watch a Youtube of MGS4 since it's all just cutscenes anyway, but I don't think that going to be very satisfying.

On a different note - how good or shitty are Konami ports, usually?

If you look at all titles then pretty bad. If you look at the recent ones then its good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'd buy a Konami humble bundle at the $1 level. I mean, I'd give all the money to charity and I'd never play the games. But, just, theoretically.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What happens if I buy a Russia tagged Witcher 3. Could they lock it after I activate it?

In practice: yes, but this wouldn't affect you if you'd already activated your copy.
In theory: yes, and you wouldn't be able to play it without a VPN or some trickery, but literally every such case of retroactive region-locking was later reversed, so I refer you to the above

rtcn63

My real problem with MGS4 is that there was just too little gameplay, and the combat was unbalanced by how easy it was to accrue money and buy guns to murder everything. I liked the first half. Second half was all cutscenes/driving sequences/boss fights that just happen.

Kiru

So we won't get a release date for Steam though...
Tonight's MGSV:TPP Preview Show revealed; with a twist of METAL GEAR SOLID humour, that MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN and GROUND ZEROES will be available on Steam, release date yet to be disclosed. The event featured a surprise message from Kiefer Sutherland; the voice of ‘Snake’, announcing an exclusive gamescom pre-order deal. Fans who attended received vouchers offering a 5 EURO discount on the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions of MGSV:TPP. This pre-order deal is also available at the KONAMI booth (Hall 7.1) – so if you’re planning to visit gamescom, be sure to swing by! We’ll be announcing more pre-order deals over the next few months, stay tuned.
Watch the whole MGSV:TPP Preview Show here: www.twitch.tv/KONAMI

My real problem with MGS4 is that there was just too little gameplay, and the combat was unbalanced by how easy it was to accrue money and buy guns to murder everything. I liked the first half. Second half was all cutscenes/driving sequences/boss fights that just happen.

My problem with MGS is that i only remember one thing of MGS2... and its naked Raiden doing his famous jumps.

Kojima bringing the noise at Gamescom and I for one am ecstatic. Will buy TPP/GZ on PC, I'll also like quintuple dip if 1-4 are released as well.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I played all the Metal Gear games and 4 was the weakest of them. Didn't enjoy it at all.

MGS 3 still is the best MGS of all time imo. Also Big Boss>>>>>>>>>>>Solid Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom