• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

That's not a problem with MGS brah

FlandersButt.gif
3870973-1768315740-37106.gif

Yeah, I think this bodes very well for Silent Hills on PC.
Fingers crossed that's the case!

I don't know why the salty console/PC wars. Everything coming to PC is usually a recipe that the game will be preserved and playable for years to come, if only through the force of patches, mods and tweaks. In one way or the other, the game will still be there.

I mentioned it somewhere before but my PC upgrades during the PS2 era followed the PC releases of Silent Hill 2 to 4. Each time it felt that I needed something else to run the games: first, a new PC as my old 1997 toaster didn't cut it and it was already 2003, then SH3 required a pixel shader video card, people even used a tool to run it without pixel shaders, then SH4 came only on DVD so I transitioned from a regular CD unit to DVD, which were still quite luxurious where I live... as blurays are now.

But now I have a PC that can roll 1080fps 60fps like there is no tomorrow. It's clearly mid to low tier but bring it on, Konami, I don't care, just give me more Silent Hill on PC.

(I do have Homecoming and the upgrade I did for that one was increased download bandwidth, heh. Shame I was horribly disappointed with it and never finished it...)

The more PC games, the better. In fact, I'm also waiting for any words from Treasure about Radiant Silvergun. That can't be too far away either!

edit:

If Konami is in a PC rampage...

Zone of the Enders HD on PC?!?!? I wish. I dream. I hope. Etc., etc.

Shadownet

Banned
Put me in the MGS3 is the best MGS camp too. SNAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAATERRRRRRRRRRRR.

I played all the Metal Gear games and 4 was the weakest of them. Didn't enjoy it at all.

MGS 3 still is the best MGS of all time imo. Also Big Boss>>>>>>>>>>>Solid Snake

These two know GOAT when they see it. That last battle in Snake Eater was pure epicness.
----------------

Those of you who are level 50 or above on Steam. Does it actually double your drop rate for a booster pack?

shit, now i need to take my physical PS4 copy of ground zeroes to the video game pawn shop because I have no use for it any longer. I hate going into that place, too, but i might as well put the credit towards something new.

I've only played the first metal gear solid to completion.

did I fuck up?

Well no. If you look at the things how they are... You get games between the games (timeline wise) and then after and befor the timeline. So they squeeze them between the games where they can.

Timeline is like this i think : MGS3 - MGS PSP - MGS Peace Walker - MGS Ground Zeroes - MGS5 - MGS1 - MGS2 - MGS4
And this Movie + 2 Card Games from the PSP inbetween them. We got the middle of the whole story now. And i forgot where MGR is.

HoosTrax

Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV

One down, three to go.
I'm still a little confused about why XIII is not on PC, since most of the Final Fantasy games have made it to Steam. I'm still really curious about it since it has a female protagonist, although I've been told repeatedly that it's a terrible game / badly written character that I shouldn't get my hopes up for.

Kingdom Hearts...I don't know too much about that franchise, but that seems firmly Ninty territory, like Phoenix Wright.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

X Blades -- MB-2329B910B9470515 - Taken by Dragon1893

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd buy a Konami humble bundle at the $1 level. I mean, I'd give all the money to charity and I'd never play the games. But, just, theoretically.

Don't forget to play you're games.

I played all the Metal Gear games and 4 was the weakest of them. Didn't enjoy it at all.

MGS 3 still is the best MGS of all time imo. Also Big Boss>>>>>>>>>>>Solid Snake

All of these statements are true.

No worries - this is the only one I've beat.

I mean, you did get to experience the truck have started to move, but you never got to experience the poisonous Zanzibar hamsters.

37-ko4K3.gif

Be aware, you NEED to play Peace Walker if you want understand MGS GZ and TPP.
MGS3 is needed to understand some things, at least checking the trailer, otherwise you won't catch those.
Although i finished PW, i think the text resuming the plot on GZ was really helpful... But yeah, it would be better to play PW.

Deques

Does anyone know if buying Gauntlet from Nuuvem gives you the pre-purchase bonus?

Using Google Translate I got this
Azkog, the Demon-Hunting - Appearance of Death HQ Digital

The hordes of Morak tremble at the feet of the Warrior when he uses these tools of chaos.
Also receive the new digital HQ Gauntlet: Darkness Calls, produced by DC Comics, detailing the origins of the cruelest master Gauntlet. The HQ will be delivered on launch day game.

I guess you do get the bonuses

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was there ever an HD version of the first Metal Gear Solid game? Looking online it seems the Gamecube version is the best, is that true?

Ozium

MGS2 is the pinnacle of the metal gear story...

3 is really good also but is also the start of Kojima destroying the franchise.

MGSV and GZ on steam?! Today is a good day. Hopefully they have cards. I need me some MGS wallpapers and emoticons.
Funnily enough, i was thinking about that today. Seeing it's my favorite series, i thought about what i would do if PP arrived on steam, and if i should imitate that Picard profile :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Sun at Night -- MB-D056E740FABFA987 - Taken by salazar547

Backlogger

Using Google Translate I got this

I guess you do get the bonuses

Lazy me, I should have done this myself. I actually used to be able to speak Brazilian Portuguese (ASL) fluently but kind of lost it after not needing to speak it for almost 15 years...

thanks!

Jawmuncher

Was there ever an HD version of the first Metal Gear Solid game? Looking online it seems the Gamecube version is the best, is that true?

The PC version of the 1st is the best way to play it. The GameCube version isn't bad as someone's first foray into it. But it changes to much and adds a lot to the same play that I feel breaks the game. Plus the voice acting was a step down . Everyone sounds like they don't give a shit in the remake .

Kiru

Gamecube is more remake than a simple HD version. It uses stuff from MGS2, changes the gameplay etc.

FloatOn

Well no. If you look at the things how they are... You get games between the games (timeline wise) and then after and befor the timeline. So they squeeze them between the games where they can.

Timeline is like this i think : MGS3 - MGS PSP - MGS Peace Walker - MGS Ground Zeroes - MGS5 - MGS1 - MGS2 - MGS4
And this Movie + 2 Card Games from the PSP inbetween them. We got the middle of the whole story now. And i forgot where MGR is.

so 5 is a prequel to 1? nice.

I enjoyed the story to mgs1 and I tried the second but I couldn't handle the raiden weirdness so I hung it up.

Grief.exe

The version that comes with the Legacy collection is just a voucher to redeem the PS1 version from PSN. The Gamecube version is the most high fidelity, but MGS purists don't regard it as a good entry.

Adding in the first person viewpoint, apparently, ruined the gameplay balance and there are some lines that got changed around. I've still only experienced MGS1 through the Twin Snakes, never have played the PS1 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom