• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I like that the game took out the somewhat stereotypical and weird accents from the original but the voice actors were asleep in the booth during Twin Snakes. Their performances were much worse.

I actually really like Cam Clarke's performance as Liquid in Twin Snakes. Jennifer Hale's voice acting left a lot to be desired though.

Is Hideo ever going to explain how, in the Metal Gear universe, technology has seemingly gone backwards from the 1970s to the 2000s?

Aside from some bullshit non-answer like
THE PATRIOTS LOLOL

Don't worry, he'll fix everything in the remakes that Konami will put out eventually. They can't keep making new Metal Gear games forever, sooner or later they'll be desperate enough to do it.

Parsnip

I wonder, in the cardboard box trailer Big Boss had a PS4 box on his head, I wonder if the Steam reveal is going to be something similarly dumb.

So happy MGSV/GZ is coming to PC.
Played the demo of the first one in 98 on the PS1 from my cousin dozens of times. It was a gaming revelation for me back then. Loved the music, the atmosphere, everything.
In 2000 I finally played it on PC and it was glorious.

More than 10 years later was the next time I played MGS with MGS4 on the PS3 - again from my cousin. Loved it so much. One of my most memorable and enjoyable times spent with a game ever.

My cousin has the HD collection and I could play it but guess I'll hold out for the inevitable PC release ?! I wish.

Love Kojima's humor and style. Please make MGSV as over the top and crazy as the fourth.

Also, on PC there will be an inevitable Hayter vioce-pack mod I reckon :)

-------
Why is Twitch's video quality so blocky/unsharp? Ain't they one of the biggest gaming video sites?
Really bad image quality.

--------
Earlier when I mispurchased a non-steam version of Binding of Isaac from GMG, I sent an email asking for a refund and I got an answer accepting it so quick. Astonishing.
That Clay guy from GMG support is an awesome dude!

I mentioned this and the fact that Kojima is a hack in the metal gear PC announcement thread and got attacked and accused of being a david hayter fanboy

:(

yeah, there are some staunch defenders of Kojima's storytelling. Yet, any sensible person who played through all of MGS4 will tell you, there's no way he isn't pulling this shit out of his ass game to game.

I still love these games because the guy is always trying to push the boundaries of gaming. When he succeeds, it's wonderful. And when he fails, it's so spectacularly that you'll still watch, looking at the screen in-between the fingers you're using to cover your cringing face from how awful it is.

But you know that he's always going in as hard as he can, and I can get behind that.

Grief.exe

My cousin has the HD collection and I could play it but guess I'll hold out for the inevitable PC release ?! I wish.

I've said it before, but I find it hard to believe Konami isn't working on porting the Legacy collection to x86 for a current-gen and PC release. The franchise pads their profits afterall.

Volimar

I have bad news for your wallet and good news for your penis.

Thats what she said. (I'm so sorry)

image.php

I agree with people saying MGS3 is the best but 4 gets way too much hate.

Really happy about the news though I was pretty confident it would happen from the start.

Vibranium

Banned
It's funny how some people are freaking out about the box system when you can just not use it if you don't want to.

That stream was full of terrible comments and annoying people (turned off comments). Can't wait for MGSV!

Ozium

Snatcher remake? no.
Policenauts remake? no.

Metal Gear Solid remake... OK Hideo "This is my last MGS I swear! I want to work on other projects" Kojima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom