• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Really tempted.

oioxov.gif

This gif is just so good, but I'll wait until a Steam sale when it reaches $5.

I've said it before, but I find it hard to believe Konami isn't working on porting the Legacy collection to x86 for a current-gen and PC release. The franchise pads their profits afterall.
Yeah, Foxengine was obviously made with x86/windows compatibility in mind. Bodes very well for future Konami games and PS4/XONE remasters coming to PC, too.
What does Konami have other than MGS and PES which is not on PC and you would like to see on PC?

About older titles. I have no programming knowledge, so I am not sure whether it's feasible/easily manageable to "port" MGS HD collection to PC? Hope I am wrong.
Konami could outsource ports though.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, Foxengine was obviously made with x86/windows compatibility in mind. Bodes very well for future Konami games and PS4/XONE remasters coming to PC, too.
What does Konami have other than MGS and PES which is not on PC and you would like to see on PC?

About older titles. I have no programming knowledge, so I am not sure whether it's feasible/easily manageable to "port" MGS HD collection to PC? Hope I am wrong.

Silent Hills is the next one since its in Fox Engine as well. Don't think they have anything else announced though. Thus a MGS collection and Silent Hill collection are the only other things we really need on steam ATM.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I just finished up Fairy Bloom Freesia.

The battle system is pretty fun. It sort of reminds me of Tales of Symphonia's, like how you move linearly through a battlefield (although this game also has vertical movement, with platforms you can stand on), rack up your combos, and assign 4 special skills to your character (although you can't switch them out on the fly here). You get skills and buffs when you level up, but you have to unlock and master them with the money you earn from killing enemies. You can unlock 10 skills that enhance your basic combo and don't use your mana, and 20 special skills that do. You can also equip buffs that enhance your damage, guarding ability, heath points, etc., but you can only equip 2 of these at a time. There's a pinball mechanic, where you hit enemies into other enemies, which helps clean up things faster.

Story is okay, although you've got a lolicon and a girl wearing panties and a bra over a skintight circuit board looking thing... I dunno. I kind of just breezed through it, although it was sort of interesting the first go around, I think? If you use new game plus on story mode, you can fast forward through cutscenes, which is nice, but I'd rather be able to skip them entirely.

The difficulty is pretty inconsistent... The regular days with normal enemies are pretty easy, except for the ones when you have to protect these vortexes, since they each get their own health bars and if any single one is depleted, you have to restart the day. I hated those on every difficulty except for easy, since they recharge there. Boss days are tougher, but that's when I had the most fun. Unfortunately, if you use new game plus, it gets really easy to cheese your way though boss fights with Peacock.

I guess my last complaint is that there wasn't much enemy variety. There are I think 4 different enemies types - blobs, stick guys, birds, and those guys based on the first boss. I really got fatigued because of it, because I played through the story mode 3 times (on easy, difficult, and cruel), and did guardian mode (99 days long).

The story mode takes about an hour and a half to beat the first time. I apparently took 14-15 hours to unlock everything... I don't really recommend doing that, because I'm pretty sick of the game now. But it's a pretty decent beat 'em up to waste time with.

If they put up the page today I'll buy it full price right now.

Now now, Jaw, don't pay full price for Ground Zeroes. that shit ain't worth $30, it aint worth $20. Get it at $10 as that's kinda reasonable.

1.5 keys and that's as high as I'll go.

never gonna be able to get it for keys because konami. Still, you could probably get a metal gear dota carry for 4 keys, so don't lose hope.

Terra_Ex

Indeed, this has been a great start to the new generation of consoles, simply because I can ignore them as pretty much everything I'm interested in ends up on PC.

Knurek

Figures, we had sunny weather for the last two weeks, 25-30 C temperatures all around. Now it started to rain, and looking at the forecast it will continue to do so on my wedding day. Lovely.

MGS V news is great though... Kind of wondering how *bad* the console sales are getting as everyone and their dog seems to re-release their games on PC nowadays.

Arthea

so many good PC news, doesn't it make you scared a little?
like in it can't end well, you know (><)

real spoiler
now we only need FF15 steam announcement

Grief.exe

Silent Hill, Zone of the Enders, Suikoden, older Castlevania titles (see: Symphony of the Night) comes to mind.

Konami's overall output is actually relatively poor.

he said that snake doesnt talk much in MGS5 because he's like mad max in mad max 2..

yep
Thats boring. Shouldve just kept dave, most likely cause of thecash required for the new guy. Either way I dont like protagonist who are quite most of the time and let the supporting cast do all the talking

Silent Hills is the next one since its in Fox Engine as well. Don't think they have anything else announced though. Thus a MGS collection and Silent Hill collection are the only other things we really need on steam ATM.
Only Silent Hill is left among the big names inside Konami's game trove? Hmm, I thought an old Japanese Pub/Dev would have much more known games. Guess I am thinking about Capcom. Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma is not Konami?
Indeed, this has been a great start to the new generation of consoles, simply because I can ignore them as pretty much everything I'm interested in ends up on PC.
It's beautiful actually. Interestingly lots of games which are full-exclusive on consoles - which make me even consider getting them at some point - are Indie-type games. Rime, Wild etc. Haha, how things have changed.

Guess MG Revengeance sold well on PC? (Semi-)Official numbers would be interesting.
A big Pub like Konami almost "embracing" PC now could serve as a sign to other Japanese companies to follow, no?

Jawmuncher

Added store name – Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Added store name – METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

IT BEGINS

Only Silent Hill is left among the big names inside Konami's game trove? Hmm, I thought an old Japanese Pub/Dev would have much more known games. Guess I am thinking about Capcom. Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma is not Konami?

It's beautiful actually. Interestingly lots of games which are full-exclusive on consoles - which make me even consider getting them at some point - are Indie-type games. Rime, Wild etc. Haha, how things have changed.

Guess MG Revengeance sold well on PC? (Semi-)Official numbers would be interesting.
A big Pub like Konami almost "embracing" PC now could serve as a sign to other Japanese companies to follow, no?

Yeah you're thinking capcom. Konami makes more revenue in mobile and other things so their game output nowadays is limited to MGS and PES along with castlevania which just wrapped up.

MRORANGE

MGS PC thread got messy real quick:

so like 2 people can buy it? whats the point. and it's 99% will be with delay after console versions release.

yeah buddies, you can check sales numbers with last metal gear releases and see how much less non PS games are selling. i imagine 1/9999999999999999999999 sales on pc.

He's right, with declining PC sales there is no point on releasing it on the platform, with piracy and the fact that the majority of PC games will buy it in a bundle means that resources are wasted on this port. Not to mention MGS games are best played on a TV experience not on some $2000 computer that can barely run the game without crashing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
gotta agree with you, enemy variety would do wonders for this game, as combat is fun.
Yeah, it's a shame it was so repetitive, it had some real potential. Still good for about 5 hours or so of play though.

In other news, I just realized I get motion sick with first person view after trying to play Kairo. Any tips to get over this? lol

rtcn63

Attractive-ish people reacting to PT. If only I were attractive and had access to a PS4. I'm not kidding, I would rock that life so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom