• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gunstarheroes, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crawl -- MB-E2E140127F457CA5 - Taken by Kryptonite. 39 entrants total.

t1407960907z1.png

Here's a little somethin' special on this fine day. Some older Humble Bundles, as well as two games I really enjoyed. As an added bonus for Metro 2033, it'll get you half off the Redux version!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Humble Bundle #3 -- MB-CD99D925A8CE0F31 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-B4A7DF1A9BB303EF - Taken by 7Sins. 4 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #2 (2) -- MB-D671C6607D213986 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 4 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #2 -- MB-E4273FE03A7826E3 - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
Civilization V -- MB-BC910EF8EEF8B256 - Taken by Cuban Legend. 2 entrants total.

t1407968107z1.png

Arthea

Yeah, it's a shame it was so repetitive, it had some real potential. Still good for about 5 hours or so of play though.

In other news, I just realized I get motion sick with first person view after trying to play Kairo. Any tips to get over this? lol
Ya repetitiveness is main problem of such games, Mitsurugu Kamui Hikae suffers from it too, at less extend, fortunately. It's even more fun then Freesia, have you tried it?

aww, that's a pity, I like Kairo, and I never get motion sick, except in Descent games when I lose perspective on what is up or down, and even then I can play them just fine.

Silent HillS is going to be nothing but jump scares isn't it?

ugh

Well... it's supposed to be scariest series after all

Ozium

Why does it feel like you have no hope for that game.

Kojima is a destroyer of franchises.
Kojima stated he wants to make the game so scary you will "shit your pants." This statement seems to me the complete opposite to what Silent Hill is "about."
The P.T. is all jump scares and is being marketed via a jump scare reaction video.

derExperte

Don't bother if you're on anything above XP - both games are notoriously hard to run (with sound) on Vista and above.

I did get them running on afair 7 without too many problems, I think there was an unofficial patch for MP1. So it's definitely possible, not tried on 8 though.

Mokoi

Banned
He sure did.

Oh gosh that made me laugh pretty hard

Don't bother if you're on anything above XP - both games are notoriously hard to run (with sound) on Vista and above.

Ahh thanks for the warning.

Played on Windows 7. Just had to apply a fix that took like a minute to find, download and put in the game :p

Yeah for a game I'm not to crazy about. I'm not going to go out of my way just to get it working, but kudos for proving them wrong.

Arthea

Kojima stated he wants to make the game so scary you will "shit your pants." This statement seems to me the complete opposite to what Silent Hill is "about."
The P.T. is all jump scares and is being marketed via a jump scare reaction video.

not sure if serious

Not really excited for Metal Gear, but it's nice to see something happen that makes so many people happy. From Konami no less. And Capcpong re-re-releasing Resident Evil. It's refreshing after reading what seems like nothing but bad things.

Deitus

Here's a little somethin' special on this fine day. Some older Humble Bundles, as well as two games I really enjoyed. As an added bonus for Metro 2033, it'll get you half off the Redux version if you own Last Light as well (which you totally should!).

Actually, you just want 2033 Redux, you'll get half off for owning only 2033. It's only if you want the Redux bundles that you need to own both games for half off (It's 25% off for only one).

Jawmuncher

While I enjoyed the western takes on Silent Hill. I'm more than ready to let kojima and co try their own vision for it. I don't mind shifts in anything so long as the game is good. I don't hold these deep ties that newer games need to be like the older stuff. Though I can understand why others want that though.

Lain

MRORANGE
Console Baby
(Today, 09:17 PM)

It has quite the nice ring to it.
-
MGS5 on PC is great. The PS4 I'll buy later on will be for other stuff like Wild (one of the few games that made me want to really get one)

rtcn63

SH2- arguably the most beloved iteration- was more about atmosphere, story, characters, and the psychological, mythological. Or something. A focus only on jump scares would tire quickly.

Sendou

I think the "jump scare" promotion had to do with the fact that they wanted to make it seem a little indie like they said. I didn't pay too much attention but Kojima did mention they lowered the quality for that purpose. Promoting the game like that is what you expect from your average indie game.

Arthea

SH2- arguably the most beloved iteration- was more about atmosphere, story, characters, and the psychological, mythological. Or something. A focus only on jump scares would tire quickly.

but it's Kojima we are talking about, what makes some of you think that he will ditch all that he enjoys doing most?
apart from nanomachines

Ozium

destroyer of franchises?
SH isn't supposed to be scary?

I haven't played P.T. but those who did seemed to like it

Kojima ruined metal gear with ground zeroes and TPP with the slowdown mechanic and far cry tracking foolishness..

lords of shadow was mediocre and spawned 2 outrageously bad sequels that destroyed the franchise

silent hill is next... do not trust this man.

and silent hill was always more about its atmosphere and its story/setting than jump scares. everything about this new silent hill game (granted not much has been said) seems to point to jump scares..

kojima is heavily westernizing franchises, he did it with MGS, did it was Castlevania and I fear he will do the same for silent hill

Jawmuncher

Just because he said he wants to scare people doesn't mean jump scares though. You can be scary just through atmosphere and sound if its your first time playing. Hell that's all the old resident evil games needed to do when they first released and I played them.

While I enjoyed the western takes on Silent Hill. I'm more than ready to let kojima and co try their own vision for it. I don't mind shifts in anything so long as the game is good. I don't hold these deep ties that newer games need to be like the older stuff. Though I can understand why others want that though.

I was watching Patrick Klepek play PT yesterday and, i shit you not, even i was tense and nervous and jumpy just watching it. Jumped at least twice and i wasn't even playing it, and I've played Silent hill 1-3 and all of the mainline Resident Evils except 6.

If kojima's got some balls, he'll put that out on VR and watch as heart attack rates go up on a global level because that shit was intense until it was apparent that it became a pixel hunt near the end. that's my only fear with what i saw, that it'll have some bullshit that will completely halt the game while you try to figure out what obtusely stupid thing the devs want you to do.

rtcn63

Just because he said he wants to scare people doesn't mean jump scares though. You can be scary just through atmosphere and sound if its your first time playing. Hell that's all the old resident evil games needed to do when they first released and I played them.

Oh no, I'm not saying that. Just commenting how if it were focused on jump scares, it could feel a betrayal by some folks.

I do hope *if* they go the first-person route, it's not like Outlast or Amnesia. I just didn't care for them.

Ozium

it's not just scare people..

paraphrasing Kojima's own words via translator:

First they wanted to make you piss your pants, but then they decided to up the ante and make you SHIT your pants.
--
To me creepiness, atmosphere and setting are not things which would make the body want to immediately evacuate its bladder or bowels.. A jump scare however is the perfect thing to prompt such an explosive outcome... it's science dude

Jawmuncher

Oh no, I'm not saying that. Just commenting how if it were focused on jump scares, it could feel a betrayal by some folks.

I do hope *if* they go the first-person route, it's not like Outlast or Amnesia. I just didn't care for them.

Ahh ok gotcha.
Also with the teaser saying the demo wasn't a representation of actual gameplay. I still say its a safe bet that it will be Third Person and more akin to the other SH games.

it's not just scare people..

paraphrasing Kojima's own words via translator:

First they wanted to make you piss your pants, but then they decided to up the ante and make you SHIT your pants.
--
To me creepiness, atmosphere and setting are not things which would make the body want to immediately evacuate its bladder or bowels.. A jump scare however is the perfect thing to prompt such an explosive outcome... it's science dude

I dunno guess it depends on how you see it.
For example to me hearing some freaky noises behind a door, than seeing blood form under it and depending on how its frame could be a "shit in fear" moment since you gotta go in there even if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom