• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
New Indie Gala

Pay only $1 to get 4 Fantastic games :

Voyager (DESURA) [www.desura.com]
Porradaria Upgrade (STEAM) [www.desura.com]
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 (STEAM)
Truffle Saga (STEAM)

Pay only $3.99 to get the full bundle consisting of 13 Fantastic games (3 to still be unlocked)

Racer 8 (STEAM)
Shiny The Firefly (STEAM)
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded (STEAM)
Cold War (STEAM)
US and THEM (STEAM)
R.I.P.D.: The Game (STEAM)

PLUS 3 MORE STEAM GAME UNLOCKS TO COME!

https://www.indiegala.com/

purchasing doesn't seem to work at the moment

Wok

New Indie Gala

https://www.indiegala.com/

purchasing doesn't seem to work at the moment

These are some compelling arguments to buy the bundle. Shameless marketing.

bfyON74.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
moKU9In.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cold War -- MB-031CA11E3367A4A8 - Taken by gabbo
xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D The Game -- MB-30A68F461ACC8350 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold Episode 1 -- MB-9B841AE86139121F - Taken by xeris
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-8F71AD5D82D75D3B - Taken by Catshade

Shadownet

Banned
I have the following coupons if anyone want it! Just quote and tell me which one you want. I'll give it to you on Steam.

20% off OlliOlli
50% off Fist of Awesome
75% off Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition
50% off Euro Truck Simulator 2 - taken by electroflame
66% off 10 Second Ninja
50% off Enigmatics: The Mists of Ravenwood
25% off Pixel Piracy
25% off Pixel Piracy

Has anyone here played Ghost Patrol?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280540

It looks like an interesting game to play while sitting back and relaxing at my PC while watching something (the wire) on a second monitor. But I'm currently wary of all the cool looking isometric games on steam, it's like they are just cashing in on my nostalgia for a particular viewing angle.

Turfster

works in chrome, didn't work in firefox *shrugs*

Well, their site has always been a mess.
This is just another, new kind of failure, I guess.
Too bad you lost a sale to me if you don't fix this sillyness, indiegala.
I'm not jumping through fucking hoops because you can't design and operate a website.
This shit used to work fine for ages.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold Episode 1 -- MB-1CCAFA7FAC04F704
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-BE921EEC40F0714A - Taken by doctorcdcs. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-46C7CF8C54022940 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1407970268z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god. Fez 2. I always hoped he kept working on it and just took himself away to avoid all the attention. I need this in my life:

fez-ii.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Added store name – Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Added store name – METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

YAY!
This is good. This is so good. I'm not even mad for buying GZ on PS3 a month ago and only trying it for 1 minute. I'm getting these two on PC, hopefully on day one if I manage to beat MGS4 and Peace Walker on PS3 (I own the Legacy Collection) and convince a friend to lend me his PSP with Portable Ops by then.

Someone convince me if I should buy the Max Payne Bundle? or should I just buy Max Payne 3 alone.
Max Payne 3 was pretty great, aside from the pretty horrible "ohmygod so edgy I'm drunk so colors change" cutscenes that wear pretty thin towards the end. It's worth playing at least once.

I've yet to play Max Payne 1 and 2, but I'm a pretty huge Remedy fan now so I'm looking forward to it when I do (already have them, just haven't played them yet). Apparently the story-telling is still fantastic, and Max as a character was pretty cool.

Vazduh

I've yet to play Max Payne 1 and 2, but I'm a pretty huge Remedy fan now so I'm looking forward to it when I do (already have them, just haven't played them yet). Apparently the story-telling is still fantastic, and Max as a character was pretty cool.

And he also has a weird disorder that makes his face look different every once in a while.

BTW, how are you a Remedy fan but you still haven't played MP 1 & 2??????

Shadownet

Banned
Considering Max Payne 2 is one of the absolute best tps ever, bundle.

Have you played none of them yet? Everyone should play 1 and 2 and 2 still looks pretty damn good for its age.

I'm .04 short in my Steam Wallet for the Max Payne Bundle. C'mon, card drop!

Max Payne 3 was pretty great, aside from the pretty horrible "ohmygod so edgy I'm drunk so colors change" cutscenes that wear pretty thin towards the end. It's worth playing at least once.

I think I played Max Payne 3 once a long time ago. for like 2 missions. I thought the flashing cutscenes were really annoying. migraine inducing even.

I guess I'll buy the bundle and give it a try. Thanks guys.

I think I played Max Payne 3 once a long time ago. for like 2 missions. I thought the flashing cutscenes were really annoying. migraine inducing even.

And those cutscenes being unskippable makes it even worse.

just sold a foil for epic battle fantasy for $1.56 that I had on the market for at least a month. I was so tempted to just drop the price to 60 cents for the auto-sale just to get it out of there. feels great! man. shocked someone would actually pay that for one card, but whatever

Turfster

Max Payne 3 is a shitty carbon copy of Man on Fire, including Tony Scott's film-making style.
Every door is a cutscene, and every room has at least 2 doors.
It's horrible.

derExperte

just sold a foil for epic battle fantasy for $1.56 that I had on the market for at least a month. I was so tempted to just drop the price to 60 cents for the auto-sale just to get it out of there. feels great! man. shocked someone would actually pay that for one card, but whatever

And I just sold a regular Fancy Skulls card (Mortar) for 2€ because it was the only one available while the others are around .20. Didn't think it would happen, took only 1hr.

Max Payne 3 is a shitty carbon copy of Man on Fire, including Tony Scott's film-making style.
Every door is a cutscene, and every room has at least 2 doors.
It's horrible.
After I was half way through, I had to look away and do other stuff, so my headache won't get more severe.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Max Payne 1 includes a part where you have to navigate a narrow path while an infant screams in the background. GOTG material right here.

Max Payne 2 is alright. The story elements and style carried over from MP1 become kind of tired.

Max Payne 3 has the best mechanics by far. Except for some parts, the story is pretty good. I enjoyed it more than MP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom