• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I personally wouldn't recommend Max Payne 3 at all. It's an OK-at-best third person shooter marred by an irritating protagonist, irritating hostages, and an irritating nonsense plot. (I'd take Uncharted or Tomb Raider anyday, and I don't particularly adore those games) It's a self-loathing simulator that can be too meta. Buy a six-pack, get shitfaced. More fun.

gVlJHBI.png
Holy smokes! Who in their right mind shells out so much?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I personally wouldn't recommend Max Payne 3 at all. It's an OK-at-best third person shooter marred by an irritating protagonist, irritating hostages, and an irritating nonsense plot. (I'd take Uncharted or Tomb Raider anyday, and I don't particularly adore those games) It's a self-loathing simulator that can be too meta. Buy a six-pack, get shitfaced. More fun.

This review equally describes Max Payne 1 & 2. So I guess you don't recommend any of them?

Is it more, or less, depressing than Spec Ops: the Line?

Spec Ops wasn't depressing unless you count the disparity between what people purported it to be compared to what it actually was...so more?

Jawmuncher

You play the game for you wife (Regina)? She just watches how you play?
i wish

No as soon as I saw that she was a unlockable costume I knew I'd have to unlock it ASAP. What kind of DC fan would I be if I didn't.

-------

I would recommend Max Payne 3 if you play on easy and with the automatic targeting. Made it a fun romp for me and felt like a HBO crime drama as the story progressed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got 2 foil drops over night that are $2.00 and $2.38 respectively...no way they're ever gonna sell at those prices but I'm just gonna leave them there until someone gets desperate.

That feeling you get when waking up to an inventory full of cards, then finding that a few of them are foils:

916c71ee_1384650185255.gif

rtcn63

This review equally describes Max Payne 1 & 2. So I guess you don't recommend any of them?

I know you're being glib, but I couldn't get into the first two Max Payne's either. Wasn't the story, just didn't like the focus on bullet time. I remember trying not to use it, and getting my shit pushed in by a cynical panda. Perhaps I was just too bad a player.

Nabs

i wish

No as soon as I saw that she was a unlockable costume I knew I'd have to unlock it ASAP. What kind of DC fan would I be if I didn't.

-------

I would recommend Max Payne 3 if you play on easy and with the automatic targeting. Made it a fun romp for me and felt like a HBO crime drama as the story progressed.

Or play on normal with M/KB and feel like a drunk/drugged-out beast.

Max Payne 3 is great fun to play. You have to put up with a ton of annoying cutscenes but blowing up fools in bullet time just never gets old. And at the current price, it's a no brainer. Also worth pointing out that the PC port is quite magnificent. It runs beautifully well and I don't think I've seen any game with more detail in it's level design.

Cerity

Haven't played MP1/2 but MP3 was a fun shooter ultimately dragged down by shitty enemy design.

You can't do any damage to me because I'm wearing a face mask and a bullet proof vest! Unless you shoot me in the toe.

rtcn63

Tomb Raider takes the worse parts of Uncharted and MP3 and does them less offensively. Lara never comes off the victim, with her propensity to shove shotgun barrels into the testicles of her enemies and let go of the world. But I liked the upgradeable skills and weapons (which you carry at all times); the fast travel and level design that at least tries to give an illusion of freedom. There are slow walk sections, but usually when entering optional tombs IIRC.

I almost bought R.I.P.D. during the last sale thinking the rights my be up soon. Though I imagine there isn't much demand for the brand.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 -- MB-C794872DB386823F - Taken by VikasNarula
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-414C44C32B51638E - Taken by bkw

Haha, love it when corporations get funny with each other.
They should add a playable Gabe Newell model for the Steam version. Or better, workshop support :O
Just read the newest posts in the Quake Live Steam thread and I am now officially in mourning. They are gutting the greatest deathmatch game ever in this upcoming Steam release.
I am ashamed to admit, having read it, not understanding what actually changed or changed for the worse? It's almost 4am, so forgive asking.

Sharkiller

LOL I woke up with the astounding news of MGSVTPP coming to Steam. So this pretty much confirm Silent Hills for PC too? I really hope so.

wGNBYxf.png

Elija2

So I guess Groupees removed the 2-game minimum from their Build-A-Be-Mine Bundle. So now if you only want 1 game in the bundle you can save yourself 50 cents!

Corpekata

Banned
Silent Hill might be published by Sony

Not likely at this point. They'd be shouting it from the rooftops if they had a real third party exclusive like this. And I think the official trailer only mentions Konami.

Not to say it'll hit Steam though. Probably release on PS4/ One and a late port by Konami's track record at best.

rtcn63

If Silent Hill goes exclusive, we're going to get so many "shot in the foot' threads. End of the world for the sixth time this month.

I am ashamed to admit, having read it, not understanding what actually changed or changed for the worse? It's almost 4am, so forgive asking.

The 3 most important things in Q3 are movement, aim and map awareness. By map awareness I mean knowing things like when armor/health/weapons will spawn and where your opponent will likely respawn after you kill him.

The changes they are making are nerfing everything from that list. Good Quake 3 movement is an art that takes years to master. They are making changes that will make it far simpler and remove most of the skill required to do it. They are increasing the damage from weapons, especially splash damage from rockets, which decreases the value of good aim. And finally, they are displaying timers on item respawns which takes away the need for players to actually keep track of these things. Part of map control was knowing when to go to which area to get which items to give yourself an advantage.

It's a little difficult to fully put across the impact of the changes but in simple words, they are greatly reducing the skill ceiling for the game with these changes.

edit - forgot to mention. They're adding weapon loadouts. In a game that has always relied on all players having equal access to all weapons spread around the map. Just typing it out is making me angry

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Landmark -- MB-90C61F6356597DCF - Taken by Kryptonite. 16 entrants total.
Landmark #2 -- MB-4DA7EC3CBB799A93 - Taken by Htown. 21 entrants total.
Landmark #3 -- MB-D63213CF5C337EB6 - Taken by electroflame. 14 entrants total.

t1407983888z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D.:The Game -- MB-127378E08F121942 - Taken by alr1ght
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 -- MB-4D45DB9A3AFF6BF9 - Taken by fernandes
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-E044CDE035DB53FA - Taken by GaussTek

Cool, the install and play buttons are blue. I kind of like it better than the green before.

Can someone teach me how to do this? How do you open your console in Chrome?

If you don't want to use your keyboard, right click on the page and click on "Inspect Element" then click on the console tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom