• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
you'll notice a symbol that looks like this: >

paste it after that. you'll see it below something mentining enhanced steam

Cool, the install and play buttons are blue. I kind of like it better than the green before.

If you don't want to use your keyboard, right click on the page and click on "Inspect Element" then click on the console tab.

crtl + v

Have to do it on the steampowered.com.

Didnt work for me though. Only added 3 games.

Thanks guys! it work! 126 games :D none I will ever play lol.

Jawmuncher

While I know Dusk would have the know how i'll ask in here still.
For anyone who has played PT and the typical scary fare on PC like Amnesia and Outlast.
Is PT the scariest out of that bunch or what? I'm playing it right now and it's way too much for me. Can't imagine Those other 2 being scarier.

The 3 most important things in Q3 are movement, aim and map awareness. By map awareness I mean knowing things like when armor/health/weapons will spawn and where your opponent will likely respawn after you kill him.
The changes they are making are nerfing everything from that list. Good Quake 3 movement is an art that takes years to master. They are making changes that will make it far simpler and remove most of the skill required to do it. They are increasing the damage from weapons, especially splash damage from rockets, which decreases the value of good aim. And finally, they are displaying timers on item respawns which takes away the need for players to actually keep track of these things. Part of map control was knowing when to go to which area to get which items to give yourself an advantage.
It's a little difficult to fully put across the impact of the changes but in simple words, they are greatly reducing the skill ceiling for the game with these changes.
edit - forgot to mention. They're adding weapon loadouts. In a game that has always relied on all players having equal access to all weapons spread around the map. Just typing it out is making me angry
Now this I understand fully. Makes completely sense now to be outraged.
Several months ago I watched a video of a veteran/pro quake live player commenting a 1v1 match he played. It was fascinating. Like you said, all of his movements and shots were planned and those of his opponent, too. When I play it's without thought, just guns blazing. But this guy thought and talked about every little detail. Like when which weapon or shield is spawning, where his opponent is running and how many seconds it'll take him to reach xy point on the map. Everything is thought through, planned several steps ahead, nothing left to luck. Fascinating, but can't find the video now.
I made it guys. 20+ hours of flight time omg I'm dying.
So what did I miss for gamescom?
Hi goochy! Hope you'll have a fruitful holiday. You just missed one of the biggest shows with one of the best showings in quite some time. Personally I found this Gamescom to be more enjoyable than E3!

Shadownet

Banned
I have 10.56 in my Steam wallet all thanks to jshackles. (probably had like $15 total but I spent some for badges)

only $50 to go before AC:Unity is mine. It's a long road.
Or I might buy MGSV since it's coming to PC now.
or maybe I should wait and get the CE.

Sajjaja

I have 10.56 in my Steam wallet all thanks to jshackles. (probably had like $15 total but I spent some for badges)

Wow what's wrong with you?

Spend it on keys already.

For the first time in my life, I kind of want to preorder the new AssCreed game, the French setting has me interested.

Now this I understand fully. Makes completely sense now to be outraged.
Several months ago I watched a video of a veteran/pro quake live player commenting a 1v1 match he played. It was fascinating. Like you said, all of his movements and shots were planned and those of his opponent, too. When I play it's without thought, just guns blazing. But this guy thought and talked about every little detail. Like when which weapon or shield is spawning, where his opponent is running and how many seconds it'll take him to reach xy point on the map. Everything is thought through, planned several steps ahead, nothing left to luck. Fascinating, but can't find the video now.

Yep. Players don't just run around randomly hoping to bump into the enemy to engage them in combat. You have to predict where the enemy is, where he would likely go, whether you want to go there to engage him or avoid him because you're low on health etc. And knowing the other player is making the same judgement calls about you. At the highest level it's like a game of chess being played between two opponents. And it's a beautiful thing.

I'm really hoping those patch notes are fake :(

Fox318

Thanks to that javascript I now have this

0bpoXX7.png

I wonder how soon "soon" is in regards to Ground Zeroes on steam. Was actually about to go and get the rest of the trophies for the PS4 version but might as well wait for the steam version now. Hopefully the legacy collection makes its way over too.

Wow, baffled at how advanced modern software has become.
I have this stupid little mod for Left4Dead2 which plays a tragic orchestral score while JC Denton makes his What a shame speak over it, every time I die. Surprisingly fitting I find. And funny of course.
Now, I like to upload matches I record to Youtube. This time, after uploading the match I get a message of Matched third party content. Damn. Turns out the orchestral music in the mod is copyrighted by Koch Music.
Since I don't monetize I could have left it the way it is but I got a message that ads can be played and Koch gets money. F the Kochs.
So just when I was thinking about recoding my video and muting said passage, I see youtube has a beta feature which automatically deletes the copyrighted part. Great I think, saves me time. I click it and leave it.
This was a couple days ago. Just now I look at the edited video on my channel and skip to the part which should be muted and wow, it's not muted. The sound is still there. Only the music is"ripped". How in the... I was extremely baffled. Wow, what a time to be alive. No, I am not being sarcastic. Really, baffles my mind how good it worked out. Crazy.

I just made two webms of that to show it. One with the music intact, the other ripped by Youtube.
With Music: http://a.pomf.se/skptmx.webm
Ripped: http://a.pomf.se/kqrzvg.webm

Maybe I'll look like an old guy being fascinated by this but it's seldom I am astonished by new tech/software like I was with this.

Ozium

I really hope that MGSV being on Steam will slap other Japanese devs and pubs in the face in regards to putting their games on Steam,

i cant wait for ground zeroes to come out to pc for two reasons. we'll more or less know what kind of features mgs5 will have on pc, if it'll be a straight port or will it embrace the features pc can has? and the second reason, for you guys to play it! its really fun. I got it for $10 back when it came out so the little content it had didn't bother me.

dont know why your webm crash the tab always. cant see it.
Oh shit. That's a problem with the VP9 codec then. I am gonna recode.
Can you please delete the links to them from your quote? People with the webm script are gonna crash this page constantly otherwise.
Thanks for pointing out. It worked when I opened the webms in Firefox. Should have double-checked. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom