• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Wow, baffled at how advanced modern software has become.
I have this stupid little mod for Left4Dead2 which plays a tragic orchestral score while JC Denton makes his What a shame speak over it, every time I die. Surprisingly fitting I find. And funny of course.
Now, I like to upload matches I record to Youtube. This time, after uploading the match I get a message of Matched third party content. Damn. Turns out the orchestral music in the mod is copyrighted by Koch Music.
Since I don't monetize I could have left it the way it is but I got a message that ads can be played and Koch gets money. F the Kochs.
So just when I was thinking about recoding my video and muting said passage, I see youtube has a beta feature which automatically deletes the copyrighted part. Great I think, saves me time. I click it and leave it.
This was a couple days ago. Just now I look at the edited video on my channel and skip to the part which should be muted and wow, it's not muted. The sound is still there. Only the music is"ripped". How in the... I was extremely baffled. Wow, what a time to be alive. No, I am not being sarcastic. Really, baffles my mind how good it worked out. Crazy.

I just made two webms of that to show it. One with the music intact, the other ripped by Youtube.
With Music: http://a.pomf.se/skptmx.webm
Ripped: http://a.pomf.se/kqrzvg.webm

Maybe I'll look like an old guy being fascinated by this but it's seldom I am astonished by new tech/software like I was with this.

I'm amazed they were able to automate that. Crazy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I was looking at cards for the recent Steam release of Bionic Heart to see how much they're currently selling at.

IzMF03bi9WpSBq-S-ekoE33L-iLqGFHVaU25ZzQNQcXdA3g5gMEPvUZZEaiHLrVJRsl8vGuCUY7Cjc9ehDNVzDMFe3aqjSQrcex4NM6b9AT1uOPGL3f2ei6CJizYG1s1GLNXMW7a-jv35eqTEzybE7wlSw8MLvFR-jdIbsCKbUNvgIAL-jS8wgp3DhFucMpUdAqp9X0eMLoglXhGdchUmSP5IcKLglhkbxRoCbuzAL3KOobzkSwiWxhlSfEeYImQ6iPyuMmmfLGLLN-0vxfa
IzMF03bi9WpSBq-S-ekoE33L-iLqGFHVaU25ZzQNQcXdA3g5gMEPvUZZEaiHLrVJRsl8vGuCUY7Cjc9ehDNVzDMFe3aqjSQrcex4NM6b9AT1uOPGL3HvcXHNIiDeGQMxRLdcNTrZrTGh7OzBFmqbQeElQg0DK6cHpDUbPJ-MahI01dID_GG62U5tGVAqfddCdR2Ew3kSNrh4kXVCJp1Sni33cMbeglllOkQ5WeyxV7SXaNekkykiXxgxTqQeZo7HvjuspsDnLPqHzwI5vlg

By far the best attempt at creative names for cards I've ever seen on Steam.

Jawmuncher

So I was looking at cards for the recent Steam release of Bionic Heart to see how much they're currently selling at.

By far the best attempt at creative names for cards I've ever seen on Steam.

When I see this all I can think of is Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and the part near the end of the book. Won't spoil it.

Parsnip

Just watched couple AC Rogue videos from gamescom... not feeling it. I think I got burned out by all the sailing in AC4. If they bring some kind of definitive edition to pc later, maybe enough time has passed. But then it would probably feel weird to go back to the old parkour system and the chain kill combat.

I'm conflicted.

I hate the blue trend. Sony did it with the Vita/PS4 packaging/uis and it looks terrible. At least on the Vita you can change your background unlike the PS4 which doesn't let you customize the UI at all. I miss the XMB :/

Sharkiller

I hate the blue trend. Sony did it with the Vita/PS4 packaging/uis and it looks terrible. At least on the Vita you can change your background unlike the PS4 which doesn't let you customize the UI at all. I miss the XMB :/
yeah me too. I dont like blue as main color. I hope that at some point Steam support workshop for Steam Skins.

I haven't been able to get idle master working for a few days now. Ys Origin and Ultra Street Fighter won't idle, new idle master tells me it's an error setting cookies even though I've copy/pasted the cookies from the browser.

Common issue or my fault?

Chris R

Is there an easy way to see which of my installed games have cloud saves?

Doing a reformat/install since my GPU died and want to back up the saves that need to be backed up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
When I see this all I can think of is Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and the part near the end of the book. Won't spoil it.

First thing I though of was Terminator, but yeah, Do Androids Dream... is a good choice too.

let me guess, the sexy one cost a few more pennies than scary, right?

If by a few more you mean 21 pennies, then yes. It's $.21 more.

I just set up Idle Master and I feel dirty inside for using it, but the Steam bux and badge appeal is strong.

Once you idle for the first few times, you get over that feeling. All of the gabenbux are worth it if you don't have enough time to play every single game due to being busy, plus it's not like you're doing anything morally wrong at all.

STEAM | August 2014 - Daba dee daba die

I was wondering when someone would make this joke.

a lot of f2p games have cards. They only drop if you spend money on the game though, through the cash shop in the game for instance. I have cards for Marvel Heroes.

Right, but I always thought that f2p games didn't show up in your badges list if you haven't spent money on them. The fact that it shows I have 4 drops remaining leads me to believe I'll actually get those cards, even though I haven't spent any money on the game. Marvel Heroes, which is tied to my account, does not show up in my badges list.

Right, but I always thought that f2p games didn't show up in your badges list if you haven't spent money on them. The fact that it shows I have 4 drops remaining leads me to believe I'll actually get those cards, even though I haven't spent any money on the game. Marvel Heroes, which is tied to my account, does not show up in my badges list.

Yes, for some reason Defiance is giving cards even if you haven't spent any money on the game.

Lomax

The entire conversion from b2p to f2p for Defiance on steam was a bit of a fiasco, it's no surprise they managed to screw up the cards as well. I put in buy orders and got cards for a badge for under 40 cents total, so I'm happy. It's now the second cheapest badge to make after CS:GO.

Teeth

Why is Bioshock Infinite 42 gigs? o_O

and I thought Skyrim was big...

That's with the two Burial At Sea episodes in there too. Together, they are about 4-6 hours worth of entirely new art. And the main game has a ton of really beautiful art pouring out of every crevice.

It's the price we pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom