• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppic

Damn, Shiny the Firefly sucked bigtime. Click anywhere to move. Changing buttons does nothing. Worst of the iOS brought to PC.

Benedict

Leftover

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold Episode 1 -- MB-699C36E523F7B0B3 - Taken by Teppic

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This is why I do not ever go for Paypal trades over steam stuff unless it is through a trusted seller on GAF. Always key payment. I feel like they should always pay first, since if you run off you can always fight that through paypal. Steam doesn't really bother with theft like this, which is an unfortunate side effect of their nonexistent customer service.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of taco543, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dream Pinball 3D -- MB-44600DF339C3D0BA - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 6 entrants total.
X-Blades -- MB-108E5F2257221296 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 6 entrants total.
Planets Under Attack -- MB-F9771F7D8FB81273 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.

t1408007529z1.png

Ventara

I'm really sorry to hear that Shadownet. I know how it feels to get scammed and it sucks. They seem so friendly and trustworthy at first, then bam, they're gone with your goods. Just try not to think about it. What goes around comes around.

And I just want to make sure you were selling the game because you'd be busy with chemo, right. Because you're definitely pulling through this 100% guaranteed.

Shadownet

Banned
dude scams happen you just gotta pick yourself up and be a little more aware next time I'm sorry it happened it sucks but try to go through some different routes to see if you can get your stuff back.

I dont even care if I get my stuff back. I just want him to roast in hell. on the highest heat level, with open wounds and lemon juice in it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
thanks guys. for kicking me while i'm down.

When you're new to trading, it's very likely that you will get scammed. Scammers target new accounts with little to no rep because that way they can force you to go first. That said, you should never trade with low level accounts that have only F2P games, private profiles or recorded bans.

Also, I didn't know you were selling AW all this time. I bought it for 30 keys a few weeks ago but if I knew that you were selling it, I'd buy it from you :(

Kiru

I'd never trade with anyone who said they just want to flip it for profit, they're usually dodgy in my experience.
Yeah I mostly have steam keys myself and if the trader doesn't want it for himself and doesn't redeem it right away...fuck him!

I should just not go on GAF or steam for a while. I've lost faith in the world.

Some advise, try to forget about it, you'll get nothing out of it, you'll get more angry / depressed and it's not worth it, I know it sucks, but nothing you can do, just move on and you'll be better.

death-note-anime-gif-kira-1147910.gif

Ventara

I should just not go on GAF or steam for a while. I've lost faith in the world.

Dude, don't lose faith in us. We're all good guys here and are on your side.

But taking a short break might not be such a bad idea. When I got scammed, I got really depressed and obsessed over why the scammer would do such a thing, and I didn't even want to look at my Vita. But after not thinking about it for a while and taking a break from a Vita, I came around again and just took it as a small price for a good lesson.

Shadownet

Banned
Bro let's hunt him down!

Some advise, try to forget about it, you'll get nothing out of it, you'll get more angry / depressed and it's not worth it, I know it sucks, but nothing you can do, just move on and you'll be better.

Sorry that happened to you Shadow :(

People can be disgusting, it's awful. At least us here at SteamGAF are here for you!

It's just baffling to see someone who would knowingly scam a person with cancer. There are some shitty people out there. If I see him, I'm going to beat him up with my crutch. Apparently this dude is a long time scammer and Valve haven't done anything about it. They should ban his IP, all his accounts. something. But nope.

I already reported him. nothing will probably happen. But you guys are right, I'm just going to move on and hope Karma will bite him in the ass with steel jaw. I'm normally a nice guy but scammers piss me off like no other.

Thanks for the support guys, and Nigen. that was a cute picture. <3

taco543

It's just baffling to see someone who would knowingly scam a person with cancer. There are some shitty people out there. If I see him, I'm going to beat him up with my crutch. Apparently this dude is a long time scammer and Valve haven't done anything about it. They should ban his IP, all his accounts. something. But nope.

I already reported him. nothing will probably happen. But you guys are right, I'm just going to move on and hope Karma will bite him in the ass with steel jaw. I'm normally a nice guy but scammers piss me off like no other.

Thats what were here for man, we've all been there at one point or another, it sucks but you just gotta let it go and hope he stubs his bare toe on a sharp knife. Just watch some futurama and just take your mind off it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just thought of a joke so dark i'm ashamed i did lol

sad to hear about you getting scammed, shadow, let's leave it at that lol

The joke's on the PS4 because the PC has Bad Rats.
yeah...

in any case i just bought a shit ton of cosmetics money for league of legends so no more games for me for a while

lol

Tizoc

Shit shadow, if you were selling the upcoming CoD game I wouldn't have mind buying it from you for $55. Sucks to hear that, just report the lame fucker

Not that it will make you feel better but I learned the same lesson, albeit with a $10 dota 2 drop. The conversation was almost word for word bar the personal details. Made me feel like a 13 year old or something when I looked back at it. Scammers be scammin, but in their scammy hearts they know they suck as human beings and will likely never come to terms with the horrible feelings they suppress.

I tried...

MZv8Pgg.png

Heh, maybe we could start a reddit thread whereby everyone adds him and asks the same question. If we get enough people and organise it we could be spamming him for weeks.

Shadownet

Banned
Shit shadow, if you were selling the upcoming CoD game I wouldn't have mind buying it from you for $55. Sucks to hear that, just report the lame fucker

Not that it will make you feel better but I learned the same lesson, albeit with a $10 dota 2 drop. The conversation was almost word for word bar the personal details. Made me feel like a 13 year old or something when I looked back at it. Scammers be scammin, but in their scammy hearts they know they suck as human beings and will likely never come to terms with the horrible feelings they suppress.

Heh, maybe we could start a reddit thread whereby everyone adds him and asks the same question. If we get enough people and organise it we could be spamming him for weeks.

I think we should just leave the poor bastard alone. He'll get his whenever it's judgement time. damn.. that line. Now I wish I could send Judge Dredd on his ass.

Shadow, have you a log of the chat? If you click on this dude, doesn't the chat shows the last thing both of you wrote?
Yeah I saved the conversation, i sent a link of it to Valve and TF2Outpost.

Sarcasm

haha people keep commenting on his trades on tf2outpost scammer..so he has to close them.

Keep it up so his entire history is filled with it.

MUnited83

For you.

It's a throwaway account, so that would be essentially a waste of time. He would just stop loggining in or put is account on private. Now if he knew his main account...

Evrain

He stopped accepting new friends request. Wrote to Valve aswell, I do hope this piece of filth gets the gift revoked at least. My own mother died of glioblastoma just a year ago, so this prick hit a rather open wound.
Bernardo, is there a way to retrace his main?

Kiru

He stopped accepting new friends request. Wrote to Valve aswell, I do hope this piece of filth gets the gift revoked at least. My own mother died of glioblastoma just a year ago, so this prick hit a rather open wound.
Aww man this thread. :(
My condolences.

Shadownet

Banned

Yeah honestly I don't really care if I get it back or not. I just want the game out of his account, or for him to be stopped permanently, so no poor soul get scammed by him anymore. I haven't been 100% sharp since the surgery. This normally would have raised a red flag for me. but I'm less than 100% right now.

I'm sorry about your mom Evrain. I know people say this a lot. But I'm a religious man, and I know she's in a much better place now. At least, I believe it so.

Edit: I did submit a ticket to Steam and TF2Outpost. So I guess we'll see. I honestly don't expect they'll do anything though. it seem like this guy been scamming for a long time.

MUnited83

For you.
Valve can track this and, at least, returning the game back on your library, so submit a tickec Shadow.

Valve only does that if you traded something for something.

Sadly, not really, unless he has himself added on his friends and similarities between both are really striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom