• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Defiance get mentioned on the last page reminded me that I paid 40 dollars for that piece of shit at launch. I had managed to forget but now it comes flooding back. Worst gaming purchase I've made.

Shadownet

Banned
How scummy. :/ Sorry that happened to you Shadow.

It''s alright Yrael. Hey I think i asked you this, but I'm sorry my brain can't remember much. But did you say you wanted Witcher 3 or Batman Arkham Knight? (for the giveaway you won) I'm just trying to keep track. Also add me on Steam :) i don't think I have you on there.

I'm slowly trying to fulfill my promises.

Evrain

Aww man this thread. :(
My condolences.
Thanks Kiru :)

Yeah honestly I don't really care if I get it back or not. I just want the game out of his account, or for him to be stopped permanently, so no poor soul get scammed by him anymore. I haven't been 100% sharp since the surgery. This normally would have raised a red flag for me. but I'm less than 100% right now.

I'm sorry about your mom Evrain. I know people say this a lot. But I'm a religious man, and I know she's in a much better place now. At least, I believe it so.
I am aswell, and I'm sure she is watching from above, just like everyone's loved ones. Fate can destroy a body, but the soul is a much tougher nut to crack.

Hope you get well soon Shadownet, and I sincerely hope this lowlife gets his well deserved punishment. I am disgusted beyond words.

Shadownet

Banned
Hope you get well soon Shadownet, and I sincerely hope this lowlife gets his well deserved punishment. I am disgusted beyond words.

Thank you bud :) also I'm not sure if you have Steam or not. But add me on there? My link is in my profile. I couldn't find yours.

Ho can people be so shitty for a game?

People in history have murdered people for a few gold coin or a scrap of food. Honestly this doesn't surprise me. Humanity is capable of great generosity but we're also capable of some disgusting stuff. What happened to me barely scatched the surface of how terrible some of us can be. But yeah lets change the subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about that new Gauntlet game? Look like Diablo kind of thing?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I should just not go on GAF or steam for a while. I've lost faith in the world.

Steamgaf is a safe haven though.

Groupees Be Mine 14 coming soon, within a week and it seems Betrayer is going to be in it..

Oooh, slightly interested. I remember aku:jiki having mixed feelings about the game, I think mainly not caring about a character and the endgame being sort of bad, but buying it in a bundle is an easy decision at the right price.

He stopped accepting new friends request. Wrote to Valve aswell, I do hope this piece of filth gets the gift revoked at least. My own mother died of glioblastoma just a year ago, so this prick hit a rather open wound.
Bernardo, is there a way to retrace his main?

Sorry to hear that :/

NASCAR 2014 is half off for the next two weeks.

It's on sale in an attempt to sell the ton of DLC the game just added :|

Hope karma hits the guy hard. :mad:

Valve only does that if you traded something for something.

Sadly, not really, unless he has himself added on his friends and similarities between both are really striking.

Is it possible to use a coupon as a catalyst? Trade a coupon for nothing then have them trade you back the coupon for the game.

Betrayer is amazing, I love the exploration mechanic, I asked a few times for similar games in the thread and nobody answered.

The game looks pretty cool. The black and white really adds to the atmosphere.

Yrael

It''s alright Yrael. Hey I think i asked you this, but I'm sorry my brain can't remember much. But did you say you wanted Witcher 3 or Batman Arkham Knight? (for the giveaway you won) I'm just trying to keep track. Also add me on Steam :) i don't think I have you on there.

I'm slowly trying to fulfill my promises.

Ah thanks, it was Batman Arkham Knight. :) Here's my Steam ID (I don't think I'm on the Neogaf Steam group yet):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Methodinthemadness/

Edit: Thanks JaseC for the invite! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it possible to use a coupon as a catalyst? Trade a coupon for nothing then have them trade you back the coupon for the game.
No worries. If you did a two-way trade then you can ask Valve to reverse it. If it was a gift, though, you're out of luck: the confirmation box literally says "Please confirm that you are giving your items away and expect nothing in return."

Edit: For future reference, it doesn't matter what the buyer throws in to make the trade two-way. It can be as something as worthless as a coupon -- as long as an item is exchanged at both ends then you have a safety net. Two-way trades + account vetting = happy trading.

Evrain

Thank you bud :) also I'm not sure if you have Steam or not. But add me on there? My link is in my profile. I couldn't find yours.

People in history have murdered people for a few gold coin or a scrap of food. Honestly this doesn't surprise me. Humanity is capable of great generosity but we're also capable of some disgusting stuff. What happened to me barely scatched the surface of how terrible some of us can be. But yeah lets change the subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about that new Gauntlet game? Look like Diablo kind of thing?
D'oh, thought I had added it to my profile eons ago. Added you :)

As for the change of subject, looks like they're reshaping the Gauntlet of old into something more Diablo-esque, if not for the fact that in the original you had no purpose whatsoever. Kinda felt like destroying a generator in Psychocircus.

Shadownet

Banned
Ah thanks, it was Batman Arkham Knight. :) Here's my Steam ID (I don't think I'm on the Neogaf Steam group yet):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Methodinthemadness/

Thanks for reminding me :)

D'oh, thought I had added it to my profile eons ago. Added you :)

As for the change of subject, looks like they're reshaping the Gauntlet of old into something more Diablo-esque, if not for the fact that in the original you had no purpose whatsoever. Kinda felt like destroying a generator in Psychocircus.

I never play DIablo before but man this sorta reminds me of the Tomb Raider thing. Temple of Osiris. i mean like top view down and stuff. It seem like Gauntlet main attraction is the loot. All about them loots.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Karma's a bitch, she'll receive her vengeance. Don't worry.
Still, how someone can be such a prick goes beyond me.

In other news: Or, news. More of a question. Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I've played the beginning of both games and i'd like to sink my teeth in one of both, but I can't choose which one! :p

Volimar

In other news: Or, news. More of a question. Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I've played the beginning of both games and i'd like to sink my teeth in one of both, but I can't choose which one! :p

If you have both, you should play 3 first. New Vegas is much better though.

Deques

Nah, too early for that. The game released in February and 2013 was pulled a couple of weeks thereafter, so it still has a few sales ahead of it.

I bought 4 copies of Nascar 2013 at that time and thought I could sell them for profit. It was a bad choice to believe I could sell them later. Nobody wants it

Shadownet

Banned

Oh man that is an eternal battle for me. I love both of them one way over the other. Since I live in northern VA and Fallout 3 is based on the area. Its pretty cool to play the game and see places you recognized. (They have something called the Falls Church Metro Station in the game I believe. In real life that is like 3 miles away from me.)

New Vegas got some awesome things as well.

I recommend starting Fallout 3 and play that first. But whatever you choose. You won't regret it.
-----
On a side note. Is it weird that I'm okay with using dark mode on my PC for GAF? But when I'm on mobile. It just look so much darker? Like its pitch black. I'm not used to it. So I'm using white mode on mobile.

JaseC

I bought 4 copies of Nascar 2013 at that time and thought I could sell them for profit. It was a bad choice to believe I could sell them later. Nobody wants it

I've sold a handful for 4 keys a piece (I didn't want to drain my bank account any further, haha). Not much profit there, of course, but something is better than nothing. I still have 15 left.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Fallout 3:
Pros
better atmosphere/setting

Cons
infected with GFWL

New Vegas:
Pros
better story and more content than FO3

Cons
really buggy
Cazadors

I'd say better play NV first and wait till FO3 gets GFWL removed

Deques

I've sold a handful for 4 keys a piece (I didn't want to drain my bank account any further, haha). Not much profit there, of course, but something is better than nothing. I still have 15 left.
Lucky you. I tried to sell them for 5 keys each. Maybe I should sell them for 4 keys too

ironmang

Thinking of rebuying a mx518 after my Deathadder broke last month after nearly 4 years of use and this $12 eblue cobra already showing signs of giving up. Now I want to go back to something comfortable. Any reason this mouse might have some unforeseen problems in 2014?

JaseC

Fallout 3:
Pros
better atmosphere/setting

Cons
infected with GFWL

New Vegas:
Pros
better story and more content than FO3

Cons
really buggy
Cazadors

I'd say better play NV first and wait till FO3 gets GFWL removed

3's GFWL implementation is completely inert -- there's a "Live" menu option but literally nothing else. Bethesda even removed the ability to retrieve one's key.

Thinking of rebuying a mx518 after my Deathadder broke last month after nearly 4 years of use and this $12 eblue cobra already showing signs of giving up. Now I want to go back to something comfortable. Any reason this mouse might have some unforeseen problems in 2014?

I'm still using mine; it hasn't skipped a beat.

Kiru

On a side note. Is it weird that I'm okay with using dark mode on my PC for GAF? But when I'm on mobile. It just look so much darker? Like its pitch black. I'm not used to it. So I'm using white mode on mobile.
I do the same lol. Also that blue bar at the top and bottom doesn't go well with the pitch black stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-3F5C94B5ABEF0862 - Taken by Deques

Flight of the Icarus -- MB-E7EF981E6884354F - Taken by S1n1st3r
Aeon Command -- MB-E05A3284E96B9E39 - Taken by VikasNarula

Have fun.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks for all the answer's, guy's. I guess i'll continue my adventure's in DC (or restart) :)

Shadownet

Banned
I do the same lol. Also that blue bar at the top and bottom doesn't go well with the pitch black stuff.

I think it should be renamed Black mode. But we need a grey mode or something less dark.
-----
The Last Guardians been in development since 2007. When I was in middle school... Damn I feel old.
and disappointed
-----
For those of you guys over level 50 on Steam. How often do you get booster pack drops?

dmix90

nsV1QZk.png

RAGE is amazing. Just beat
Blue Line Station
level. What a joy to shoot non stopping waves of mutants, playing this on hard diffuculty and these fast and mobile targets give a good test to my mouse/keyboard skills, which i lost a long time ago. Never change iD Software! Amazing weapons, great mechanics, awfull plot and quests, brilliant shotgun. Can't wait for DOOM.

Evrain

Personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt and a sprinkle of pepper:
- New Vegas: its gameplay mechanics are somewhat truer to the roots of Fallout, with more emphasis on weapons stats (to a degree at least) branching and at times obscure questlines, moral dilemmas all the way to the ending. It sports a solid story and further refines the overall Fallout mythos, but I found it decidedly lacking in detail and number of locations. The amount of items however is satisfyingly high, and so is the overall architecture of the settlements - New Vegas itself, the REPCONN base and the various vaults are well modeled, but still lacking a certain quid - an exception are Old World Blues and Lonesome Road.
- Fallout 3: it is the prequel, and it shows: the SPECIAL implementation is simpler and cruder, yet at the same time has a delicious appeal to those who want less numbers and more action. There are less items and the NPCs are more straightforward and flat, leaving little dilemma in your choices and fewer clever implementations of quests. Nevertheless, and even more so with patches, the game's visuals are incredibly powerful: the sensation of opening the outer vault dor and staring at a world that has literally burnt in nuclear flame to its physical and emotional core is bound to leave you speechless for a moment. In addition to that, the game world is carefully crafted and exquistely designed, with Washington DC looking like the rotting carcass of a glory long gone and each settlement unique in its own right and at times outright chilling (Arefu). Also, and let me stress this, in FO3 the world defines the story, and not vice versa: locations' count is impressively high, with most of them not even being marked on the map, also literally each computer, each log, each scribbled and garbled message on the wall has its own story to tell,as if Bethesda took the time and patience to explain the backstory of every wrecked house, of every crumbling building, of every murky deal between pre-Wa companies. It's breathtaking, and at times terrifying (e.g. you might stumble upon a Metro tunnels access, only to find them collapsed into an extended underground cave. Explore further, and you might stumble across a breach in the ceiling giving access to another metro tunnel. In it, between two wrecked carriages, a woman's skeleton clutches an empty baby shutterstock, nearby are her husband's charred bones clutching a whiskey bottle... and a rusty knife. Do the math).

Long story short: New Vegas if you value gameplay, RPG elements and overall aesthetics, Fallout 3 if you want an extensive open world to explore and "read".

Sorry to hear about your situation, Shadow, I hope you can forgive & forget about it and stay positive with whatever time you have left brocookie.

Since I just won the awesome Civ5 from a very kind GAFer's previous raffle, I found a spare Humble Indie Bundle (11) to give back to SteamGAF is some way.
-These are some mighty fine games in here, I hope those of you who don't have some of these games will finally get a chance to enjoy them! Good luck to all entrants!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cuban Legend, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-73F130B9B5947442 - Taken by Sharkiller. 5 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-E4AEB9E15A47E9C3
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D738BB9F7ED515BF - Taken by KingDirk. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-3F9F71B35D86AF20 - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-FD752F630DC89FA7 - Taken by Fuu. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A1144E3CF5C99CCD - Taken by hitoshi. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-EC82249824F693E4 - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-B0C209055C52CDC1 - Taken by Ozium. 6 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-B6459F13BA1C2FF6

t1408083669z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd

new vegas is the greatest game since fallout 2

fallout 3 is stupid

Nabs

Check out the G400s. It's not as pretty as the G400, but it's perfect for someone coming off a 518.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom