• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oh, I didn't notice it at the time but looks like my Steam account is 8 years old since August 5th.

So I haven't really been following Fox Engine stuff too closely before, but now that MGS5 is coming, how's the PC versions of PES14?

Zafir

Dupe giveaway. Recommend The Last Remnant for any jrpg fans!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zafir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pool Nation -- MB-8E156FAFCA5B6D5C - Taken by louiedog. 11 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-8C775775FB36D9CB - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 2 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-BFF5227180A06E3A - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-C948E93B2FDB8D37 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-DDC50A901B50DE26 - Taken by KingDirk. 1 entrants total.

t1408033690z1.png

Grief.exe

Fucking Hell. Some random guy I added traded me Divinity Original Sin for a mere Civ 5 key. He said he had it from ebay. I fear getting it revoked, but meh, I only lost Civ 5...

Since it was a Steam trade, if it gets revoked then you should be able to petition Valve to reverse the trade.

Dr Dogg

Oh, I didn't notice it at the time but looks like my Steam account is 8 years old since August 5th.

So I haven't really been following Fox Engine stuff too closely before, but now that MGS5 is coming, how's the PC versions of PES14?

Only picked it up during the World Cup but asides from my series gripes and them still using bloody Konami ID for their network infrastructure it be faultless in my brief 40 mins with the game. It's a lot different to how Metal Gear Solid would render but there aren't any noticeable issues with frampacing or asset streaming. Graphic options are a little on the small side and they had to be configured externally. I'll have a poke around in a sec and see what there is.

FloatOn

weird... I just played a round of pool nation the other day.

it's good guys. you can actually play this one.

edit: I wonder how it stacks up against the recently released pure pool

Not worth it for GMG or GTAV? I enjoyed what little bit of GTAV I played but the performance was abysmal so I figured I'd wait instead.

Also I already got my other Fall games lined up and ready.

It's personally my second favorite game of all time, or at the very least among the top few. I think it's fair to say Turfster is in the minority.

FloatOn

GTA5 was incredible and the first grand theft auto game I actually cared to finish.

I may actually take the time to replay it on pc. I never replay games.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Not worth it for GMG or GTAV? I enjoyed what little bit of GTAV I played but the performance was abysmal so I figured I'd wait instead.

Also I already got my other Fall games lined up and ready.

A thing you should know about Turfster when it comes to his opinions on certain games is he is like Derrick but with bad taste.

This is the day I finally get Pool Nation. :O (well maybe tomorrow) I welcome all challengers.

Speaking of which, since I gather many people here own PoolNation, is there a way to make a SteamGAF mini-tournament?
So far I've played only single-player for a couple of hours, so I have no idea of how online multiplayer works.

Phinor

To everyone buying the 8 Ball Bundle, remember that you have to play Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 for hours and hours and post feedback to developers so that the next iteration is finally a playable product for those of us actually interested in such niche things (EHM 2007 reigns supreme)! I'm sure most of you are buying the bundle for an ice hockey manager simulator anyway but just wanted to remind you.

Dr Dogg

And for a new page here's what you can tweak.

Yeeeeeah not a lot of room for scaling down or up there. Though it does query your system for resolutions so support in the department is good (although it sees my 21:9 2560x1080 as a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution)

The rest of the options are pretty basic but you can rebind all the keyboard controls (not sure about gamepad ones as I don't have on plugged in and I'm doing this via Remote Desktop Conection so can't reach out to see) and there's some above average audio support.

There might be some other tweaks possible but the settings them self appear to be saved in a file with a .dat extension so it's going to be proprietary (though there might be some hex edits out there).

Kiru

I also won Planetary Annihilation on steamgifts now. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

EDIT: And found an unused Pool Nation key on my steam feed... best day ever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One week until Shadowgate. It's going to be a long seven days for me.

image.php

Seriously though, the game looks great, can't wait.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really don't understand the severe backlash Dark Souls II gets in Bloodboner threads. I played the whole trilogy and I just don't see where this level of vitriol is coming from.

Parsnip

And for a new page here's what you can tweak.

Yeeeeeah not a lot of room for scaling down or up there. Though it does query your system for resolutions so support in the department is good (although it sees my 21:9 2560x1080 as a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution)

The rest of the options are pretty basic but you can rebind all the keyboard controls (not sure about gamepad ones as I don't have on plugged in and I'm doing this via Remote Desktop Conection so can't reach out to see) and there's some above average audio support.

There might be some other tweaks possible but the settings them self appear to be saved in a file with a .dat extension so it's going to be proprietary (though there might be some hex edits out there).
Thanks for taking a look.
This all sounds moderately promising, for being a first outing of the engine and "just" a football game. I don't imagine sports fans are going nuclear about the lack of options.

Keeping my expectations somewhat optimistic.

Everyone knows there isn't a humble weekly today, right?

Reminder: OOTP Baseball '14 is on the precipice of being yanked from the store (app page is gone but the sub can still be bought).

and it's actually a really good game if you are into spreadsheet simulators

I really don't understand the severe backlash Dark Souls II gets in Bloodboner threads. I played the whole trilogy and I just don't see where this level of vitriol is coming from.

It's different than the others, therefore it is shit.

Grief.exe

Currently, Bloodborne is a PlayStation owner's last hope to justify the purchase.
Diminishing the quality of the Souls series may place Bloodborne higher on the pedestal.

This is serious business for those that take part in console wars.

From had some strange design choices, but otherwise Dark Souls II was a solid entry.

It's personally my second favorite game of all time, or at the very least among the top few. I think it's fair to say Turfster is in the minority.
I liked it from what I played but going pretty much all in this Fall.
You must have missed my GTAV tirades when I made the mistake of buying it and playing it for a few hours ;)
Sounds like an entertaining read, at least you're not shitting on people.
A thing you should know about Turfster when it comes to his opinions on certain games is he is like Derrick but with bad taste.
lol

fantomena

Currently, Bloodborne is a PlayStation owner's last hope to justify the purchase.

The fuck. You serious? I bought my PS4 because I know Sony will justify my purchase with a long range of 1st party titles and I guess many millions too.

That's a grossingly high level of generalizing.

Diminishing the quality of the Souls series may place Bloodborne higher on the pedestal.

This is serious business for those that take part in console wars.

Not really, Dark Souls 2 just isn't as good as the other two games. World is completely scattershot and incoherent, half the areas in the game are completely flat with no lighting, they ruined the PVP, the buildup to the end of the game non-existent, and all sorts of other weird things. Still a good game but it feels rushed.

Deitus

Personally, I think the balance was a bit off in DS2, so it ended up being less satisfying than DS1. There are actually a lot of things that it did better, but it fell short in a few key areas that hurt the overall experience. But that's just my personal opinion.

The people who are painting it as some franchise killing disaster are insane.

todahawk

Didn't want to even touch the words "Half Life 3" in a new thread title but over on reddit they were taking requests and someone asked for a drawing of what Gaben would look like announcing Half Life 3 and this is what they got:

HtUc66U.jpg

Grief.exe

No, but let's not get started on that =p

Wyv and Keep steam keys added to the Indieroyale Alpha Collection

The fuck. You serious? I bought my PS4 because I know Sony will justify my purchase with a long range of 1st party titles and I guess many millions too.

I should clarify for the next year or so. I am planning on picking up a PS4 sometime in 2015.

Tizoc

Well this past year you mostly got multi-platform games and indies on dat PS Quadroople.
Aren't first party exlcusives like a handful so far?

BruteUA

Seriously though, the game looks great, can't wait.

It's very likely that Shadowgate was the start of my fascination with the Grim Reaper. That and this awesome blacklight poster I used to have.

I just looked this up. I had no idea. I would write letters to Nintendo as a kid asking for hints in the NES version. They always responded back :)

I actually called the game counselors. Felt really stupid when they told me the answer that was right in front of my face, and then the way they talked to me in riddles to make the call last longer. Young Brute learned an expensive lesson that day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol @ dis Chivalry archer nerf

Archer Balances-
The Archer class has been slightly reworked **
-Archers no longer have an added backstab damage bonus when attacking from behind
-Bolts, Arrows and Stones no longer flinch players. Instead they will remove the sprint state from players hit

get fucked archers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom