• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Awesomenauts + OST + DLC Starstorm = 3.59$

DLC Starstorm = 6.29$

iiN8f2qTk09qG.jpg

I am sad, I only want Starstorm :(

PhaZZe

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PhaZZe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dynamite Jack -- MB-BF46FA9F163E811D
Bastion -- MB-AE2B7AA94BA76ABF - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-55595AD9E0D9E6E4
Solar 2 -- MB-56115A45EE3B561D - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-4F2821362C176269 - Taken by FtHTiny. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-A15382AD3B470BCE - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-BAAD5A52EB8B02C3 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-833B8CFC584DDFE3 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-5F232A0D93F0340E - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-93D79A2C5CA4CF3E - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-3A796DF8D3B308EA - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky #2 -- MB-B9696CB647621B21
Super Hexagon -- MB-9C2A7465063F8F0C - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-13E9EF53C4A0BCF4 - Taken by DontBlink. 1 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-E36268911F9AA65C
FEZ -- MB-42F8FF2973065F77 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-2167D4321E93CE83
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-8871B76B73D8724C - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-47605282E3AB8779 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 1 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-2825FEA764B32346
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-E29A3300570AE912 - Taken by fenners. 4 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-7AC7C6B38ED7E2BC - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.

t1408048150z1.png
Enjoy!

Hey, it is shaping up to be an incredibly immersive experience. In one segment you're being chased by a werewolf and your character is injured.

Like magic, a button prompt comes up that suggests you take some pills to heal yourself. Think of the ramifications.

Do you take the pills or do you not? Anything can happen.

Poisoning the soul is no laughing matter.

True, but that's changing soon too. In fact, given the amount of code that's already been leaked, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new Steam storefront by the time the current beta cycle ends.

Interesting. I hope it ends up being an improvement.

(Oh god, I just noticed the new Steam taskbar icon and it's hideous. IT'S TRAPPED IN A BUBBLE WE NEED TO SAVE IT.)

Dr Dogg

To me The Order looks like Gears of War but with werewolves with the setting seeming like a funky mix of Steampunk and Conan Doyle's depiction of London. One of those combinations is very inciting to me the other is quite off putting, I'll leave that up in the air.

"And now, you must play with this character and experience his amazing story. No, you can't switch back to the others. They're 'busy'. Be this douche and do this now, and we're not continuing until you do it."
I'm not 5 years old any more, and I don't want to be patronised and insulted by a game I paid money for, thank you =p

It's been a while since I played through, but I believe that represents a very small part of the game. Some are more 'plot devicy' than others, but I fail to see what the problem is.

My main beef with the game is the lack of heists and other than playing the stock market, there was really no way to gain enough money to buy real estate.

It's been a while since I played through, but I believe that represents a very small part of the game. Some are more 'plot devicy' than others, but I fail to see what the problem is.

My main beef with the game is the lack of heists and other than playing the stock market, there was really no way to gain enough money to buy real estate.

My one real complaint with the game is the real estate elements definitely don't have the same attention to detail as the rest of the game and feel quickly put together. Only a few of the fronts have real missions attached to them. I remember previews saying there wouldn't be a property system so it was definitely something put in towards the end of development.

Can't really speak about being able to earn money because I got lucky on the stock market with heist/lester money and made nearly a billion dollars.(320 Million with each character)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting. I hope it ends up being an improvement.

(Oh god, I just noticed the new Steam taskbar icon and it's hideous. IT'S TRAPPED IN A BUBBLE WE NEED TO SAVE IT.)

Here are some screenshots I put together with the leaked CSS. You can make your own judgement calls. :)

I thought it was pretty insulting, disgusting, and frankly degrading that the game had the nerve to include missions at all. What kind of game doesn't respect the player enough that it feels it has to have a structure in order to have real progression.

Turfster

I thought it was pretty insulting, disgusting, and frankly degrading that the game had the nerve to include missions at all. What kind of game doesn't respect the player enough that it feels it has to have a structure in order to have real progression.

And we're done talking, it seems.

If you missed the max payne sale, it's being repeated on GameFly.
Max Payne 3 is actually 80% off instead of 75% off like on the Steam store.

Hey, it is shaping up to be an incredibly immersive experience. In one segment you're being chased by a werewolf and your character is injured.

Like magic, a button prompt comes up that suggests you take some pills to heal yourself. Think of the ramifications.

Do you take the pills or do you not? Anything can happen.

Games really have come a long way, huh.

header_292x136.jpg

Finished Fez with 32 cubes.

Huh. Don't know if i like it enough to get over being annoyed by it. The map in the game is almost seizure-inducing terrible until you *get* it, and even then by the time it clicks with you you'll have an oh-shit moment where you realized that you missed like 3 doors five screens back and there isn't a quick way to get back there. This is hindered by stages that are predominately vertical in nature and you take fall damage, so if you want to go back those 5 screens i talked about earlier get ready to carefully drop down and take clunky jumps back only to find an eight of a cube or a sweet key that you already have 3 of.

besides that, it hides its depth with some kinda-clever, kinda-bullshit riddle nonsense that makes Silent Hill 2 look like a 4 word crossword puzzle. I get it, and i would probably dig it more if i was 13 with the feeling of infinite time ahead of me to sit there and puzzle it over. Unfortunately, not only don't i have time for that but i also kinda don't care. I liked the puzzle stuff like positioning blocks on a 2d plane but that in reality are being set into 3d coordinates, trying as i could to get the tetris pieces to match up. But when you want me to get paper out and decipher codes and whatnot, eh, i have to say that i'm not feeling it.

As far as the positives go: the game looks great, but it especially looked good on the vita. The 2d-yet-3d visuals look really nice, and there's a charm to it that really takes you back. Also, even though jumping feels kinda mushy, the layout of some of the stages takes me back to SNES and Genesis days where you had to plan out your approach to a stage a couple of steps in advance.

I enjoyed most of my time with Fez, and it's much easier for me to write about the aspects that frustrated me than what i enjoyed. In reality, it felt like a mixed bag where the mix itself was mostly positive. i give it a LRLLLLRRRLRRRRL out of 5.

abracadaver

Idling CS:GO is taking forever. I've been running idlemaster for over 3 hours without getting another card. The first card dropped after 20 minutes or so.

Beelzebubs

Idling CS:GO is taking forever. I've been running idlemaster for over 3 hours without getting another card. The first card dropped after 20 minutes or so.

Think the servers are taking a hammering due to it being a major tournament on CS:GO. I know it's the steam item servers that dictate drops but I can imagine them having a lot of load.

Kiru

So, because "Metal Gear Rising Revengeance" wasn't Region Locked even if the Nuuvem Size said otherwise, what's the deal with the "Metro: Last Light Complete Edition"? Is "REGION LOCKED: Esse conteúdo só poderá ser jogado no Brasil" also false information or the real deal?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1959-metro-last-light-complete-edition
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1183-metro-last-light

Dunno. Looks like it might be true: http://steamdb.info/sub/42540/

header_292x136.jpg

Finished Fez with 32 cubes.

Huh. Don't know if i like it enough to get over being annoyed by it. The map in the game is almost seizure-inducing terrible until you *get* it, and even then by the time it clicks with you you'll have an oh-shit moment where you realized that you missed like 3 doors five screens back and there isn't a quick way to get back there. This is hindered by stages that are predominately vertical in nature and you take fall damage, so if you want to go back those 5 screens i talked about earlier get ready to carefully drop down and take clunky jumps back only to find an eight of a cube or a sweet key that you already have 3 of.

besides that, it hides its depth with some kinda-clever, kinda-bullshit riddle nonsense that makes Silent Hill 2 look like a 4 word crossword puzzle. I get it, and i would probably dig it more if i was 13 with the feeling of infinite time ahead of me to sit there and puzzle it over. Unfortunately, not only don't i have time for that but i also kinda don't care. I liked the puzzle stuff like positioning blocks on a 2d plane but that in reality are being set into 3d coordinates, trying as i could to get the tetris pieces to match up. But when you want me to get paper out and decipher codes and whatnot, eh, i have to say that i'm not feeling it.

As far as the positives go: the game looks great, but it especially looked good on the vita. The 2d-yet-3d visuals look really nice, and there's a charm to it that really takes you back. Also, even though jumping feels kinda mushy, the layout of some of the stages takes me back to SNES and Genesis days where you had to plan out your approach to a stage a couple of steps in advance.

I enjoyed most of my time with Fez, and it's much easier for me to write about the aspects that frustrated me than what i enjoyed. In reality, it felt like a mixed bag where the mix itself was mostly positive. i give it a LRLLLLRRRLRRRRL out of 5.

Sweet, im at 75% completion (22 cubes) started collecting blue cubes (currently just have 2 with 1 artifact) on PS4. i kinda agree with map part, its confusing and very hard to remember wrap doors.

So, because "Metal Gear Rising Revengeance" wasn't Region Locked even if the Nuuvem Size said otherwise, what's the deal with the "Metro: Last Light Complete Edition"? Is "REGION LOCKED: Esse conteúdo só poderá ser jogado no Brasil" also false information or the real deal?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/195...mplete-edition
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1183-metro-last-light
Damn, that's a pretty good deal(for the complete edition, that is). Thanks for posting it. Bought it :)
About the Region locked thing, i believe in this case it's probably true, seeing Deep Silver does that a lot. So if you're not from brazil, i wouldn't risk it, Unless SteamDB says otherwise.

A bit late but on consoles.
It's clear all three of them have compelling games and features. Yes, one has the most power and one is the weakest. But I urge you to remember when this was not the case. Wouldn't it be wicked crazy if two consoles had the same "power"?
There are games on all three which I'd love to play. Never had a Nintendo Console, so with a WiiU I'd be able to play Wii games as well. Don't know any titles besides galaxy and xenosaga but I reckon there are plenty games which I'll like. Also never played any Zelda game. On the newer one ZombiU, X look awesome.
Xbox is the weakest one for me. No, not because of the weaker HW. The games. So far I am only interested in Quantum Break. Halo is coming I hope, so I'll leave that out. Sunset or Gears doesn't appeal to me.
Sony has stellar first/second party offerings. Spent some time with PS3 and great games like Uncharted, Killzone, Demon's Souls etc. and I have to say, it's likely I'll get a PS4 first before a WiiU once the price drops.
It's a matter of taste, where your friends are mostly etc. imo. All consoles are great in my eyes. There's not much mistakes to be made, all of them are plenty able to deliver enjoyable times.

Of course all this is from the point of a PC gamer. Those opinions I have are with a PC for all multiplats in mind :) Console only would not be good enough for me.

I present to you the Humble Weakly Fumble, a new weekly event brought to you by the Humble folks.

giphy.gif

Also I'm really liking the new steam design, though I do hope the color scheme can be changed like a few other people suggested. A deeper blue/purple would be a lot more soothing to my eyes than the shade of blue they chose.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yep looks familiar. :)

I actually got a few of their large-format artwork prints from DOTA 2 the last time I was there. I had them framed up and they're currently in my man cave.

Valve is a really cool place, the video doesn't even really do it justice.
Would be cooler with you working there though. It's surprises and saddens me when i read they still didnt hire you :/

Athleon

This would be my ideal scenario as well but I just can't pay $60 for games anymore, no matter what platform they're on.

Maybe I'll get a U at the end of the gen when it's rock-bottom cheap.

Yeah I'm pretty much on the same boat. I don't mind the one time cost of the console but the game pricing is what keeps me away from a Wii U. I don't mind waiting for price drops, but Nintendo games rarely drop significantly. And I can't even get Wii games like Xenoblade or The Last Story for cheap. If Nintendo had a digital store where I could get good deals on older games (see:pSN) I'd definitely buy one.

On the other hand, I'm considering a PS3 this holiday, mainly for all the remake goodness.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was wondering why the client looked different when I looked at it quickly earlier today at home after it restarted. I liked what I saw but didn't have time to mess with it. Cool to know more changes are coming, even if the design will probably need to be tweaked here and there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cuban Legend, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cuban Legend, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-73F130B9B5947442 - Taken by Sharkiller. 5 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-E4AEB9E15A47E9C3
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D738BB9F7ED515BF - Taken by KingDirk. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-3F9F71B35D86AF20 - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-FD752F630DC89FA7 - Taken by Fuu. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A1144E3CF5C99CCD - Taken by hitoshi. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-EC82249824F693E4 - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-B0C209055C52CDC1 - Taken by Ozium. 6 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-B6459F13BA1C2FF6

t1408083669z1.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so for some reason whenever I tell Steam to restart the client for an update, it never comes back. It just closes, and I always have to manually start the client again.

Annoyed.

aScaris

I'm watching the CSGO stream. man this is intense.

Its really impressive how much the community has grown :) I played a lot of CS with some buddys in school more ten years ago, but stopped and never looked back. Today is the first day I actually think of starting to play again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom