• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the CSGO stream. man this is intense.

back when i played CSS, there was always the rare moment where it was 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 1 with myself being the 1 and, man, there was nothing more intense. Even rarer was the moment where you defied the odds and pull through.

there's a reason that i almost bombed out of college that one semester, and source wasn't even considered the best version of counterstrike at the time (or ever, i believe). i can't even imagine what csgo is like and, truthfully, im not sure that i want to.

Guys help steam looks different

jeH35hR.png

Metro's simplicity makes it very attractive to me, although the latest update changed how game pages are displayed which will take a bit to get used to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You've been hacked.

Hey since you're here: has anyone put their name forward for mini reviews on the September thread yet? I'd be interested in doing either Gauntlet or Defense Grid 2 if nobody else has signed up to do them yet.

Lomax

I don't understand why Humble had a one day flash bundle but no weekly. Why didn't they just make that flash bundle a weekly? Might now have been great, but it's better than nothing.

Awesomenauts + OST + DLC Starstorm = 3.59$

DLC Starstorm = 6.29$

I think this was a mistake : \

I would gladly pay $3.59 for Starstorm (or for the package to "waste" the extras, whatever), but I just followed the "A game in your wishlist is on sale!" email link and see:

Awesomenauts - Starstorm Expansion: -30% / $6.26
Awesomenauts Power Pack (Game + OST + Starstorm): -50% / $8.99

...guess I'm waiting for Starstorm. I think I want 50% off on this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They updated their web client.

To expand on that, it's similar to how Chrome runs a separate process for each open tab and each addon. These process threads used to be tied to the primary Steam executable which is part of what caused the Steam client browser to feel so laggy sometimes. You shouldn't see a significant change in memory utilization - the total of the webhelper processes and the steam executable together should be roughly equivalent in memory to the old Steam executable. What you should see is an increase in the responsiveness of the Steam browser as a result.

This is a good thing.

Shadownet

Banned
http://www.reddit.com/r/csgobetting/

Just read through these for any matches you're thinking of betting on. Only bet on C9 as had a gut feeling. Just lost $0.30 betting on Vox though. I love the underdogs too much but at those odds, was worth betting small.

Next few bets I've placed:

http://i.imgur.com/sLDwUUu.png

Not going huge again til there's a Dignitas game.

Thanks :) i'll just bet on what you're betting. Since you seem to know more.

Edit: should I bet big on NiP? (NiP vs. Espilon)

ViviOggi

besides the fact that he hated most everything his opinions were usually spot on.

I can respect a guy with high standards, it's just that he took it a bit too far.
Even though I often agreed with his opinions on the latest AAA blockbusters he hardly ever made compelling arguments to back them up, just a lot of bile without without grounds for actual discussion. I think that's mainly what did him in.

Also he kept shitting on indies as a whole when that's actually where we could have found exactly what he was always looking for had he just bothered to.

MRORANGE

Hey since you're here: has anyone put their name forward for mini reviews on the September thread yet? I'd be interested in doing either Gauntlet or Defense Grid 2 if nobody else has signed up to do them yet.

Gauntlet has been taken, but yeah go nuts with Defense Grid 2

Games / Gaffers:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Uzzy
Dead Rising 3 - MMBosstones86
Gauntlet - Hugstable
Wasteland 2 - Saunderez
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Rayge

jshackles

Beelzebubs

Thanks :) i'll just bet on what you're betting. Since you seem to know more.

Edit: should I bet big on NiP? (NiP vs. Espilon)

Don't follow me, read up and decide for yourself :p I don't want to be accountable for if you lose anything.

And for NIP vs Epsilon it's gonna be a close game so I'd say small to medium. Not worth going huge on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom