• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I've recently played the first two Blackwell games. They are really short and rather on the easy side, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere and the characters a lot. I hope the following games in the series are a bit harder though.
Can recommend them so far if anyone is in the mood for a short (~2-3h) PnC!

I picked up the bundle of the first 4 during the last sale and been meaning to get started on them (I've had Legacy installed for ageeesss). Which is quite funny as straight after I finished up Murdered: Soul Suspect the Blackwell games came to mind. Are they more story or puzzle based?

Saty

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself especially with valve time being part of the mix. Game releases vary just like anything else. Just like valve changing to a new system is going to take some time. More than possible these games you're saying that take too long can be out on steam before a change in systems is placed.
Then shut it down and say 'every game currently on GL will be authorized to be released on Steam if they happen to finish development before Store API are launched'.

RetroMG

Wow, Hatoful Boyfriend is coming to Steam? I remember reading an insane Let's Play of it years ago. I might have to pick that up just for laughs.

FATBIIIRD!

Jawmuncher

Then shut it down and say 'every game currently on GL will be authorized to be released on Steam if they happen to finish development before Store API are launched'.

They'd more than likely grandfather any greenlit games.
They're not gonna shut anything down until the new system is thought out. Right now its nothing more than talk. Just look at how long it's taking them to make the steam controller. They won't be ready for awhile.

Turfster

Spud's Quest keys available on indiegamestand.
The sun at night keys available for groupees BAGB8.

Humble Bundle Daily: Goat Simulator 40% off
Steam daily: Chivalry 75% off
Steam deal: rymdkapsel 50% off

Gamefly deals:
  • Bioshock Infinite 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite DLC 50% off
  • Borderlands 2 GOTY 50% off
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum 50% off
  • Civ V Complete 50% off
  • Civ 5 BNW 50% off
  • Simcity 4 Deluxe 50% off
  • Jedi Knight Jedi Academy 50% off
  • Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate 80% off
  • Pixeljunk Shooter 80% off
  • Tomb Raider 30% off
  • Tomb Raider DLC Collection 50% off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My game count went down by 1 and I'm not sure why.

Mystery solved! A few weeks ago, Valve added a bunch of flags to the Greenlight Submission Fee app that finally made it count as a game (almost a year too late, but I digress), however it's now a config app instead of a game -- SteamDB just took a while to pick up on the change.

Yakkue

I picked up the bundle of the first 4 during the last sale and been meaning to get started on them (I've had Legacy installed for ageeesss). Which is quite funny as straight after I finished up Murdered: Soul Suspect the Blackwell games came to mind. Are they more story or puzzle based?

I bought that bundle as well :)
I'd say they are more story-based. Every game seems to have a stand-alone story with an overarching storyline that connects them. The puzzle are mostly simple, so if you are looking for something to exercise your grey cells with, this wouldn't be the right series.

Saty

They'd more than likely grandfather any greenlit games.
They're not gonna shut anything down until the new system is thought out. Right now its nothing more than talk. Just look at how long it's taking them to make the steam controller. They won't be ready for awhile.

Depends on how far along they are. You had Family Sharing\ In-home streaming very quickly go from a beta to full release. If the next phase will be ready inside a year then i don't see the purpose of still having GL running.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Depends on how far along they are. You had Family Sharing\ In-home streaming very quickly go from a beta to full release. If the next phase will be ready inside a year then i don't see the purpose of still having GL running.

The purpose is that games are still able to be released in the interim. If Valve's self-publishing system isn't ready, then it isn't ready -- shutting down Greenlight because of a future development would be silly.

MRORANGE

has been updated

it now includes:

Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 2
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
PC Drivers for Xbox One controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
Using Sixaxis on your PC
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Wii U Pro Pad is now Windows & Mac compatible

Mods and Enhancements
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sims
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading |OT|
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Steam Trading Cards
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition

Jawmuncher

Depends on how far along they are. You had Family Sharing In-home streaming very quickly go from a beta to full release. If the next phase will be ready inside a year then i don't see the purpose of still having GL running.

The purpose would be that a good chunk of games will be up on steam thanks to greenlight before the new system. There's nothing wrong with having more games. The people usually know what they want.

Saty

Which goes back to my question, how many games are there on GL currently that are on the course to be released in a year's time? My impression is that number is very low.

Problem is, now with EA, any dev can wake up tomorrow and decide to throw in a bare-bones Early Access version.

Hugstable

Banned
Huh, now that you mention it i'm surprised Gurumin wasn't greenlit already...

What is Gurumin about? I feel like I've heard that name before.

Edit: NVM link has a trailer... this seems pretty cool! This needs to be greenlit

Games Night has it's own thread?

Why am I barely finding out about this?

Because it was barely made today? Like an hour ago?

Okay.

Heh yeah it just got put up. And hey your other avatar is gone :D

Indignate

Games Night has it's own thread?

Why am I barely finding out about this?

Because it was barely made today? Like an hour ago?

Okay.

Seriously...

Who the fuck votes for Smoking Simulator and Grass Simulator? No wonder the Steam Releases get so many bad games...

Edit: Oh. I just saw what was posted was games that were "skipped"... Good.

What is Gurumin about? I feel like I've heard that name before.

Edit: NVM link has a trailer... this seems pretty cool! This needs to be greenlit

It's a game from the fine folks over at Nihon Falcom (Ys). There's a theory being floated that greenlight submissions that were offering free keys once they got through were intentionally passed on for August. Gurumin was one of those games offering a free key.

Also, go say Yes and get a free key later!

Dr Dogg

I bought that bundle as well :)
I'd say they are more story-based. Every game seems to have a stand-alone story with an overarching storyline that connects them. The puzzle are mostly simple, so if you are looking for something to exercise your grey cells with, this wouldn't be the right series.

Ah right thanks. Yeah they look very character driven games more over than the kind of the whacky world of Layton and chums. I might fire up Legacy in a bit seeing as 2 hours give or take is easy enough to digest.

I still got to put some meaningful time into. Puzzle Agent 2 which I've had installed since you mentioned it here!

Thanks again.

Probably for best.

I kid,

Didn't you say you just bought a load of PS3 games? ;)

[spoilers]Says me with a massive PS3 backlog.[/spoiler]

Hugstable

Banned
It's a game from the fine folks over at Nihon Falcom (Ys). There's a theory being floated that greenlight submissions that were offering free keys once they got through were intentionally passed on for August. Gurumin was one of those games offering a free key.

Also, go say Yes and get a free key later!

Just said yes right now, and the game seems very much like a Falcom YS game with that action. Seems a bit more like the current yS Seven and Memories of Celceta style fighting with the roll dashing.

MRORANGE

[IM]http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/2014-08-01_22-59-47.jpg[/IMG]

well tickle my TitS and call me grandma ... this looks VERY interesting :)

Don't buy, community will be dead in two months, will go on sale afterwards, will end up in a bundle after that and then used as a modbot giveaway that nobody wants.

Didn't you say you just bought a load of PS3 games? ;)

Says me with a massive PS3 backlog.

I bought tow more games today.

Don't buy, community will be dead in two months, will go on sale afterwards, will end up in a bundle after that and then used as a modbot giveaway that nobody wants.

I bought tow more games today.

I remember Air Bucaneers was one of the first greenlit games, so it must have had quite some votes.
It came out and no one played it, while the gameplay is actually really fun...

Tellaerin

hey, it's like in the Steam OP right at the bottom of it.

Nobody reads the OP.

The OP's kind of wall-of-textish, and I think that intimidates some people, or causes them to tune out. The problem is that all the stuff in the OP is useful, so I can't really think of anything you could cut or condense to make it more easily digestible, either. (*insert rant about diminishing attention spans here* :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom