• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Man, I know console wars are serious business, but that thread about how "people are mad that MS is adding value to their console by paying for exclusivity of Tomb Raider" is absolutely baffling to me.

So you get to play the exact same game you would have been able to play, at the exact same time, but since other people can't play the game it's added value? Bragging rights are value now? I just cannot understand that mentality.

Turfster

Man, I know console wars are serious business, but that thread about how "people are mad that MS is adding value to their console by paying for exclusivity of Tomb Raider" is absolutely baffling to me.
Taking things away from people adds value to your own stock!
Or something.

I don't know, it's incomprehensible.

Free $150-200~

I doubt it's really "free"
^ what derExperte said

Majukun

posted it weeks ago but nobody took it,still free to take

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun monkeys -- MB-A159061D7FBEDC64 - Taken by Woody Invincible

Sendou

So you get to play the exact same game you would have been able to play, at the exact same time, but since other people can't play the game it's added value? Bragging rights are value now? I just cannot understand that mentality.

It's interesting but when you think about it we can't just determine X1's value by only looking at it. We have compare it to other systems. When X1 has the newest blockbuster but PS4 doesn't its relative value increases. Not to say that it's the right way to go about it or the existing owners benefit but there's still that.

Athleon

I've stopped clicking on these threads in order to maintain my sanity. The biggest surprise to me is that people actually bother to reply to these threads. Just let it die folks, don't fuel it...

Oh wow, I'm surprised that thread is still around. I NOPE'd out of it this morning after the first page. It's certainly....something

yuraya

The pretty girl at the club (Lara) is going home with MS instead of Sony. Lara Croft is the added value. Xbox winz.

Zia

Hey guys, I just unboxed a Ninjas in Pyjamas holo sticker! Worth like three bucks! Probably my most valuable unboxing yet, after like thirty tries. Yes!! Look at me!

Kill me.

So, the new Steam accents would be fine, accept for that stupid fucking opaque logo in the upper right-hand corner. Completely undoes what the gradient along the top border sets out to do. Superfluous before, worse now. Just put a Steam logo, or "Steam" to the left of your mail icon, with proportionate spacing. The Big Picture logo with the random font makes it that much worse. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Design nerd panic attack over.

Turfster

Oh, I almost forgot.
IncestDemonicon is a Kalypso title, so it's 80% off at the moment.
You really should get it, guys.

(Avoid DARK)

Also, man that's a crapton of Tropico 4 DLC

Nabs

"Invisible, Inc. is coming out on Steam Early Access on August 19."

That's funny. I'm pretty sure that I had Incognita and then Invisible, Inc on Early Access long ago. This game is trying to set a record for number of Steam (re)launches.

This is the first time it's actually launching on the Steam store.

Oh, I almost forgot.
IncestDemonicon is a Kalypso title, so it's 80% off at the moment.
You really should get it, guys.

(Avoid DARK)

Also, man that's a crapton of Tropico 4 DLC

I'll have to pickup demonicon then, also anyone whose played Tropico 4 yay/nay? Looks interesting but I really haven't played anything in the city-building genre.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Soon.... I want Vita version though. Add to your wishlists :)

IaLG69W.gif

My body is more than ready.

derExperte

And I just read that Super Time Force Ultra comes on the 25th. I'm too old for that much excitement.

I think Devolver has fucked up like this recently, but I will buy the fuck out of it if it magically appears tomorrow.

Can't find anything on Twitter and they're usually very talkative there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom