• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallagin

EYpfPt3.png

EYpfPt3.png

EYpfPt3.png

EYpfPt3.png

EYpfPt3.png

EYpfPt3.png

Vandalism.

Pakkidis

Um In the Steam client I just got a pop up message saying " Is this your email account?" With my email. I clicked next.... to confirm.

This has never happened before, I'm a bit scared.

Kanokare

Um In the Steam client I just got a pop up message saying " Is this your email account?" With my email. I clicked next.... to confirm.

I've had that happen before actually. I said yes and it gave me like a 2004 account >_> I now use that 2004 account to mule during sales.

I got that message too, well this is the second time I receive that message, so don't worry it's just to verify that you are using the same email!

dani_dc

Not a fan of the blue flashing during the chat, doesn't stand out much.
I've had that happen before actually. I said yes and it gave me like a 2004 account >_> I now use that 2004 account to mule during sales.

You can still change the email now if you don't want to use your 2004 email.

Jawmuncher

Regina is probably the best character in Dead Rising 3 Super Ultra.
So much damage output on her regular attacks and she has ranged as well. They based her off DC2 and it was pretty great seeing that again.

If they bring that DLC to Steam which I can see them doing, just so they can get some more cash since all of the story DLC is included in the PC release. Everyone needs to grab it. It's a lot of fun even more so if you can get a MP match going,.

Finished Proteus in one sitting.

I liked...it. I don't know if if call it a game but it feels like someone made a fps journey just without the coop, the platforming, and anything that even closely resembles game mechanics.

But it was thoroughly enjoyable for those 45 minutes or so.

MadGear

With the recent update to Dota 2 Valve is getting rid of the regular Treasure Keys for Dota 2 which have been used as a currency for betting and trading (basically its the Dota 2 equivalent of the Mann Co. Supply Crate Key).
I personally guess that this will also apply to TF2 and CS:GO in the long run to eliminate trading of keys for games.

With the recent update to Dota 2 Valve is getting rid of the regular Treasure Keys for Dota 2 which have been used as a currency for betting and trading (basically its the Dota 2 equivalent of the Mann Co. Supply Crate Key).
I personally guess that this will also apply to TF2 and CS:GO in the long run to eliminate trading of keys for games.

This seems like a bad idea as people are still going to buy games, there will just be less protection now. Unless Valve just doesn't want to deal with it.

Miker

What opens treasure chests in Dota 2 now? Sorry if that's a silly question. I'm not even high enough level in Dota for it to drop chests for me.

MadGear

This seems like a bad idea as people are still going to buy games, there will just be less protection now. Unless Valve just doesn't want to deal with it.

They wont if more games get region locked, which already appears to be happening more frequently as the lower prices for games in certain territories gets "abused" a lot.
Don't know for sure though, but to me this scenario seems likely.

What opens treasure chests in Dota 2 now? Sorry if that's a silly question. I'm not even high enough level in Dota for it to drop chests for me.

Chests no longer drop in Dota 2. You simply buy the chest off the Dota 2 Store which acts as a lockless chest.

OBS is both open-source and superior.

superior in what ways exactly, I read something about NVenc (no clue what that is)

are there any performance differences between the two?
any practical differences, considering if I were wanting to setup a stream, with 2 webcams and commentary?
any performance differences, or differences in support for certain capture cards?

jblank83

I'm a product of my humble console origins.

The only game I've ever preferred the kb/m to the controller is The Walking Dead Season 1. The "Shoot them before they get to you" moments are so shite to try with a controller.

KB/m is highly dependent on the ergonomics of your chair and desk. If you have an uncomfortable chair/desk, it will be less comfortable and less fun.

After that, it's simply familiarity. If you never try, you never will become comfortable with it.

<old fart mode>
Remember when we used to play shooters like Quake with keyboard only? And preferred it that way?
</old fart mode>

I remember playing Quake with a mouse. Quake had very nice mouse support on day 1. It had a lot of great options. It's easy now, in a market so flooded with shooters, to forget how many standards it set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom