• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I just won with a card called Queefing. The black card was (The next JK Rowling Book is Harry Potter and the Chamber of _________)

Search up what Queefing is before you click the spoiler.
plot twist the chamber is a giant...vagina.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's clearly the beginning of an ARG that will lead to the announcement of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze PC.
It's nice to want things.
I just won with a card called Queefing. The black card was (The next JK Rowling Book is Harry Potter and the Chamber of _________)

Search up what Queefing is before you click the spoiler.
plot twist the chamber is a giant...vagina.
And they say class is dead in videogames.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Hearth -- MB-D0BA8391786DF46C - Taken by gaiadyne

jediyoshi

That looks no different than what it is now, I just want old, boring steam back.

...these look completely identical to you? Shit there's a bigger gap between these two than the default Steam skin and its last iteration.

KODyK4q.png

tZnozcJ.png

Jesus the only saving grace of looking at the old Steam UI is nostalgia

tqBcm2U.gif

Hugstable

Banned
Hehe, that would be nice if it came to Steam. I know quite a few people wanted that. Although I don't think I would buy it again since I own it already.

Seriously, I'm probably just gonna end up buying the JAST release if anything now that I look at the site I can just get a download copy. I don't think they have anymore of those awesome Limited Editions with the Future Gadget Lab Pins though.

Uninstalled Marvel Heroes 2015.

It's a fine game, but I get the feeling time spent on it would be time wasted.

It's not the game, it's me. I just can't commit like that.
Gotta spread the love to the rest of my Steam/PS3/WiiU/Vita library.
Jesus H. I have too many games.

BHK3

Banned
...these look completely identical to you? Shit there's a bigger gap between these two than the default Steam skin and its last iteration.

tqBcm2U.gif

Aside from the blue, yes.

I don't want that old steam, I just want the skin before this one.

Tabletop Simulator was fun tonight, played some poker, then Cards Against Humanity, then a banana got involved and I don't even know, but it's was fun as hell.

Lain

That looks no different than what it is now, I just want old, boring steam back.

Find someone that hasn't updated yet and have him pass you some Steam directories like graphics etc (not sure all the stuff needed, no one answered my request some pages ago, but looking at some skins for Steam I got the impression some more directories hold files needed), so you can put them in the skins directory and have yourself the old Steam.

lol reactions here to my crappy stream are priceless. No tabletop game is complete without a banana

That was fun, would do again. Dunder Hassan is too fucking good at CAH. Also I'll try to have a better/easier game picked for next time.

Shadownet

Banned
lol reactions here to my crappy stream are priceless. No tabletop game is complete without a banana

That was fun, would do again. Dunder Hassan is too fucking good at CAH. Also I'll try to have a better/easier game picked for next time.

yeah some of the harder games would probably be really hard to control. but I had a lot of fun tonight though.

Deitus

Someone needs to find a game that Dunder doesn't absolutely destroy everyone at.

Hugstable

Banned
Ah such beautiful nostalgia.

Seriously it brings me back haha. I don't think I've seen that original Steam layout in years now, still remember when Steam launched my brother used to go apeshit about how big it was gonna be even though our other buddies thought the program was whatever. Great to see what Steam has become over the years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

tqBcm2U.gif

I just noticed that Opposing Force is named... Opposing Force. I wonder how long it took Valve to fix that.

I'm not quite sure what my first third-party game was. BioShock, I think, even though I'd been using Steam since 1.6 went public.

Edit: Yep:
Bioshock Complimentary
AMD/ATI EP2 Bundle Complimentary
Source Premier Pack Complimentary
Half-Life Platinum Pack Complimentary

Deitus

Just caught up on some Gamescom stuff, and watched the AC Unity demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0MpgIaMC4

Can't wait, god damn it.
Though you can see some odd animation stuff in that demo, I hope they have the time polish it.

It seems like they are attempting to incorporate ideas from AC1 that have been missing from the series since then (or at least paying lip service to them), but I'm still not convinced that this won't be just another annual AC game.

That Notre Dame though. Really makes me want to explore virtual Paris.

JaseC

It seems like they are attempting to incorporate ideas from AC1 that have been missing from the series since then (or at least paying lip service to them), but I'm still not convinced that this won't be just another annual AC game.

That Notre Dame though. Really makes me want to explore virtual Paris.

Yeah, as I just said to frost, it's the game AssCreed 2 should have been. Better late than never, though!

Jawmuncher

Man Opposing Force 2 is something I want more than Half Life 3.
Who cares about Gordon Freemon I want to know what happens to Shephard.

Deitus

Yeah, as I just said to frost, it's the game AssCreed 2 should have been. Better late than never, though!

Man, I hope. They certainly seem to be saying the right things, and the footage looks good. But I'm still skeptical.

I still think they need to move to a 2 year cycle though.

I already have this game, and I am sure many do, but hopefully someone takes it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-D5D94DFD696430CC - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.

t1408076892z1.png

JaseC

Man, I hope. They certainly seem to be saying the right things, and the footage looks good. But I'm still skeptical.

I still think they need to move to a 2 year cycle though.

Yeah, while Unity -- which has been in development since Brotherhood wrapped four years ago now -- is a breath of fresh air, Rogue is virtually identical to Black Flag and doesn't overly interest me. I couldn't say I'd care much at all if the game's to remain on the PS360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom