• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Why has JSR been ported to so many platforms yet nothings been done with JSRF anyways? Sega published it and I'm pretty sure there's nothing tied with MS to keep it from being released on other platforms. I've been really curious about this, but hey it's Sega :p

Sega expressed interest in doing Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia I believe, with the assumption being they would eventually get to JSRF.

I believe the poor sales of JSR turned them off to future HD ports however. Hopefully the new consoles, with similar architectures, and hungry steadily growing install bases put them back on the right path.

So whats the best way to get a DS3 to work with Tits besides motionjoy?

Never, ever use motionjoy.

oh noez, I don't even have a headset. D:

Gross.

Miguel81

Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta are stuck in a long dead platform. Those games are just too good to be suffering like this.

Dr Dogg

I think I'm slowly warming to the latest in my long line of loopy monitor acquisitions
HC3sGWu.png

3840x2160@60hz and stable which is better than my 120hz monitor can achieve. Oddly trying to go higher than that, even with lowering the refresh rate, every resolution is out of range.

I do wonder why no one has tried to compile a database of monitors and if you can downsample on them and what results you're likely to achieve (driver and cable combinations I've found can play quite a factor). GeDoSaTo may be the go to option for DX9 stuff but it's good to have a backup for the rest.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
trying to play Tropico 4, but the thing wants me to sign up for an account and i'm not getting the email.

40 cents wasted

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It feels really good to see MGS V on the steam store.

Judging from the game's SteamDB entry, Konami began working on the port at least ~5 months ago. It could very well launch alongside the console versions.

I plan on getting CS:GO while it's on sale. Is it right that "cases" drop after matches randomly and that those can be sold directly fairly cheap or a cs:go key can be bought and one can try his luck by opening the case and hoping something of value is inside? So all this case stuff is basically gambling? Or can cases be opened without keys/spending money?
I think I'm slowly warming to the latest in my long line of loopy monitor acquisitions
3840x2160@60hz and stable which is better than my 120hz monitor can achieve. Oddly trying to go higher than that, even with lowering the refresh rate, every resolution is out of range.[...]
You are playing games at that resolution with stable 60fps? Wow. Care to share your PC specs. That's 4K, right?
Never knew Sega had so many great games in their repertoire. Amazing ones actually.
Played a bit Vanquish, was crazy. Never payed Bayonetta. Valkyria Chronicles looks very nice though. Such a timeless artstyle. Yakuza is also Sega I think. That IP is not bound to Sony I hope.
---
Thanks Bernardo, now I have all DLC for Tropico 4 :)

Shadownet

Banned
Hey so I got Twitch set up. But does anyone know how to start broadcasting live? I have no idea how to. I already downloaded OBS and got that set up.

Only person I know that plays on PC is my brother, although he has gotten into competitive lately. All my other friends only play on consoles :(
Ask in this thread then, there are always people here.

Judging from the game's SteamDB entry, Konami began working on the port at least ~5 months ago. It could very well launch alongside the console versions.
Very nice to hear, I would need help getting it sooner than I expected.

Hey so I got Twitch set up. But does anyone know how to start broadcasting live? I have no idea how to. I already downloaded OBS and got that set up.
Starting this early?

atr0cious

So I really wanna try some Ubisoft games like Gunslinger and Blood Dragon, but I really don't want uplay on my system. Would it be feasible for me to setup a small side partition just for uplay, say 100 gbs, and then run my games from that? Or do they need to be in a certain section to run properly?

So I really wanna try some Ubisoft games like Gunslinger and Blood Dragon, but I really don't want uplay on my system. Would it be feasible for me to setup a small side partition just for uplay, say 100 gbs, and then run my games from that? Or do they need to be in a certain section to run properly?
Gunslinger does not have Uplay.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can install the games wherever you want, but Uplay itself will install to the 32-bit Progam Files folder. (Gunslinger is Steamworks, by the way.)

Grief.exe

I rarely play multiplayer games, I don't really need a headset. :p Besides I got 2 headsets for my ps3 and neither of them work with my pc or I can't figure out how to set em up.

I just was suggesting a good pair of headphones. Friends don't let friends buy headsets.

trying to play Tropico 4, but the thing wants me to sign up for an account and i'm not getting the email.

40 cents wasted

Add this to the file

"Also, for those that wondered about the Kalypso launcher for Tropico among other games recently, you can just add 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to your hosts file and it'll think you're offline and skip the whole account stuff"

Never knew Sega had so many great games in their repertoire. Amazing ones actually.
Played a bit Vanquish, was crazy. Never payed Bayonetta. Valkyria Chronicles looks very nice though. Such a timeless artstyle. Yakuza is also Sega I think. That IP is not bound to Sony I hope.

Sega actually has a huge backlog of ports that I would love to see on PC/Current-gen

Shenmue Series
JSRF
Skies of Arcadia
Otogi
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Valkyria Chronicles
Resonance of Fight

Ubisoft doesn't force Uplay upon its third party partners, IE Gunslinger, South Park, etc.

send me a msg when you buy it, just got it now. we can play together <3
Ha, I will. Don't play MP usually, so facing human adversaries shocks me. Got used to predictable AI.
I find it hard though since quite some time to even start up a game. Trying to convince myself this will change when I get a better PC but maybe I am tricking myself.

Since MGS got revealed, it got me thinking. Console stuff gets leaked all the time. But this just happened. I can't get rid of the suspicion we have friends here who knew about MGS. Grief and JaseC have good contacts with devs and pubs, right? Either they can keep a secret or I am too sleep deprived and imagine things.

Grief.exe

Since MGS got revealed, it got me thinking. Console stuff gets leaked all the time. But this just happened. I can't get rid of the suspicion we have friends here who knew about MGS. Grief and JaseC have good contacts with devs and pubs, right? Either they can keep a secret or I am too sleep deprived and imagine things.

I've been telling people to be patient for about a year now lol

lol

All I know is that my cat chews mics so a headset with a retractable mic works wonders for my situation.

http://www.modmic.com/

damn at that Tropico 4 mistake. Thought my activity feed was busted. I hope people actually play the game, it's really enjoyable.

Guys, guys, wish me luck.
Getting +1 to my family account in 5 hours or so.

super late, but good luck / congrats!

my body is super ready. Can't wait to see the sys requirements.

Grief.exe

Hey thanks for the mod mic link, looks interesting. Haven't seen a price yet as I'm on mobile, but if it's cheap for that plus good headphones, I'll go that route. The Siberias I'm eyeing are about $50.

You aren't talking about Steelseries are you? Don't go that route.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GHIPYI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S333U4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYTNU9U/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S332TQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042A8CW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Alternatively, you can always go ask in the GAF headphone thread.

atr0cious

Gunslinger does not have Uplay.

You can install the games wherever you want, but Uplay itself will install to the 32-bit Progam Files folder. (Gunslinger is Steamworks, by the way.)

Good. Gunslinger is really all I cared about anyways. I hadn't played FarCry 3, so I was just going to supplement Blood Dragon for that.

Is uPlay as intrusive as say Starforce or whatever? I just don't want issues with cards other than from their games themselves.

Zafir

Hook me up then because I'm not buying new due to school costs. I see Siberia v2 headsets for cheap.
Well, even some cheap headphones and a zalman clip on(or modmic as already linked) mic should be better. Hard to suggest an exact pair of headphones without a budget. If you look at the headphone thread( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417447 ) there's a load listed you could check out. Or even ask, specifying your budget etc, they're pretty good at recommending headphones.

So, while I'm attempting to avoid Star Citizen and Elite for now while they're still in development, due to a lack of being arsed with alphas and betas just now, does anyone have any recommendations for similar games that would fulfil my itch? I've dabbled in EVE but that's about it really.

Grief.exe

Any recommendations for people to follow on Twitter for PC gaming news?

If you guys are interested, you can follow me, I essentially regurgitate Steam thread and any news I see on GAF as soon as I can.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe

So, while I'm attempting to avoid Star Citizen and Elite for now while they're still in development, due to a lack of being arsed with alphas and betas just now, does anyone have any recommendations for similar games that would fulfil my itch? I've dabbled in EVE but that's about it really.

Freespace 2 comes to mind, remember to install the Freespace Open mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom