• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

it's always fun to see disappointment on someone's face

Obligatory

Others_46179c_2401581.jpg

Jawmuncher

Dead Rising 3 is some good shit.
I'm really enjoying my time with it far more than when I played DR2 and DR2:OTR.
It keeps enough familiar while adding so much new that it's quite the treat for fans or those looking to jump into the series. If you ever felt that DR1 and DR2 were too "stiff" or the timer too strict DR3 fixes that. Which I know are the usual complaints against them.
I'll be double dipping on it for the DLC.

rtcn63

Yeah, if shadow were really in danger, there'd be a thread in the OT titled "I think this GAFfer is gonna shoot himself in the dick, should I say something?"

zkylon

zkylewd
yea it was more of the out of context thing of just quickly scrolling and seeing a bunch of rip shadownet posts

in other news i bought born to die by lana del rey

i'm weak lol

Shadownet

Banned
You are much younger than I thought. I was expecting a mid 30/40 year old guy.
Also, even sad you looked kinda happy lol

At least you learned the dangers of gambling first hand now.

Haha my 22nd birthday was recently bro. :p and yes now I know. Gotta learn first hand.

Bet you'll get a knife next time.

One can only hope:p

fuck you people with your rip shadownet posts

Me too.
Especially in the context of
I didn't really know what was going on. So glad it was all in good fun.

If his life is really in danger, we would be calling help, not just "lol shadownet ded".

Guys its okay. I know they didn't mean anything bad :) but thanks for caring.

Yeah, if shadow were really in danger, there'd be a thread in the OT titled "I think this GAFfer is gonna shoot himself in the dick, should I say something?"

Is this an Asian joke.

chixdiggit

Really tempted to buy Ziggurat
Looks like a fun FPS Rogue Light.

Same here, i've been waiting to see if anyone on Gaf had impressions.

Took the plunge so I thought I would give my opinion. Game has a lot of similarities to Binding of Isaac in the way you do unlocks and such. It's pretty fun and runs very well.

Early Access games are a gamble and I would say that if this game released at it's current state it would be worth a 50% off sale. However I do think the game has potential to be amazing. It all depends on how much is added to it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Some enemies can take dozens of hits, but I can't tell if that's only because I was "upgraded" to a long-range whip that might be naturally weaker. It's not really explained what the pros and cons of your weapons are or if they upgrade in all respects and it's just the enemies are getting disproportionately hit-spongier.
the whip is weaker per hit, but it has crazy range and is good for hitting a big group of enemies surrounding you at range

you can actually switch between weapons with the d-pad

Sarcasm

What is the chance of csgo going on sale again this year? I only have 2.35 so I have to pass for now but most likely have cash in a few months.

Took the plunge so I thought I would give my opinion. Game has a lot of similarities to Binding of Isaac in the way you do unlocks and such. It's pretty fun and runs very well.

Early Access games are a gamble and I would say that if this game released at it's current state it would be worth a 50% off sale. However I do think the game has potential to be amazing. It all depends on how much is added to it.

Cool, gonna keep my eye on it then. I'll probably nab it if it gets a discount. $11.99 is just a bit too steep to chance on an Early Access game right this second.

In celebration of seeing this game being played by Jeff Gertsmann last night LOL

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-2D8507059EBB587E - Taken by Rnr1224. 24 entrants total.

t1408256900z1.png

Zia

So Crawl is really fun, even with bots. For $10 I think they need a little more map variation, and some of the enemies feel really unsatisfying, but yeah, if they flesh it out a bit I could see it ranking alongside Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg in our household.

Oh, and as I'm sure you could tell from the trailers it's aesthetically super cohesive. Probably one of the top three most stylish games I've played this year.

Does the dpad work fine? I thought I remembered there being potential issues with older controllers (I could be wrong). You could have taken one step further and found the sticks from the transforming dpad controller too. Ended up hating those worn little nubs.

Either way, getting those three pieces replaced is worth the effort.

The original 360 d-pad looks like it feels awful to use! :X I've never had an Xbox.

The original 360 D-Pad is shit in my opinion. Never liked it.

I have five 360 controllers. Two wireless controllers with the new D-Pad, one wireless with the old D-Pad and two wired controllers. Since I really like the new D-Pad (feels way better for me) I thought It would be a good idea to mod some of my controllers.

I used this guide, worked really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MCYIH9E7s

So Crawl is really fun, even with bots. For $10 I think they need a little more map variation, and some of the enemies feel really unsatisfying, but yeah, if they flesh it out a bit I could see it ranking alongside Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg in our household.

Oh, and as I'm sure you could tell from the trailers it's aesthetically super cohesive. Probably one of the top three most stylish games I've played this year.

Yep, it gets played a lot here, but yeah, some of the enemy types just plain suck, and you can sometimes feel pretty useless as certain enemy types.

The boss fight at the end is also quite difficult for whoever is fighting it. Its cool that everyone gets to control a part of the boss, but it seems very easy to lock the player down and keep them from being able to properly attack it.

I did my first competitive match of CS:GO and it was pretty fun. I was complete and utter trash, but it ended up being a tie. The people in my team were actually really nice, they gave me some tips and not once did they insult me, though I did hear some sighs when I was last alive(but I don't blame them, after all, i only ended up getting 6 kills). I guess I got lucky since all I ever hear is that the comp scene is full of asshats.

edit: OOOOOOOOOOOH FIRST POST IN NEW PAGE :O

Good night guys, I'm going to bed now :)

I did my first competitive match of CS:GO and it was pretty fun. I was complete and utter trash, but it ended up being a tie. The people in my team were actually really nice, they gave me some tips and not once did they insult me, though I did hear some sighs when I was last alive(but I don't blame them, after all, i only ended up getting 6 kills). I guess I got lucky since all I ever hear is that the comp scene is full of asshats.

You should play with gaffers. Most of us don't care about our ranks and play for fun. I started playing comp with GAF after some bad experiences queueing with randoms and I've never bothered solo queueing since.

Eternia

The original 360 D-Pad is shit in my opinion. Never liked it.

I have five 360 controllers. Two wireless controllers with the new D-Pad, one wireless with the old D-Pad and two wired controllers. Since I really like the new D-Pad (feels way better for me) I thought It would be a good idea to mod some of my controllers.

I used this guide, worked really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MCYIH9E7s
I was asking more about the fit of the new dpad within the old controller mold but looks like it's addressed in the video!

So......what did he say about it? :p
He made it to wave 3!

You should play with gaffers. Most of us don't care about our ranks and play for fun. I started playing comp with GAF after some bad experiences queueing with randoms and I've never bothered solo queueing since.

i was going to but the servers were empty and I only wanted to play 1 match. I didn't wanna post here and get a bunch of folks and then bail after playing once.

Is this the right GAF server? 64.237.38.122:27315

If it is, what is the password? Also, is there a certain day that the server is played? I have only seen it empty.

I am thinking of doing my first comp. match with randoms. Should I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom