• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
On a similar note, you may wish to avoid Divinity: Original Sin as it features multiple battles with giant spiders.
i heard it's not so bad

i youtube'd one spider boss and it was pretty ok for me

That's why he has the mod to replace the spiders. ;)
this, too

Am I the only one who thinks spiders are awesome? The only reason I would use a spider replacer mod would be to avoid killing them :p
i think they're pretty awesome too

my brain doesn't agree tho

Lain

Am I the only one who thinks spiders are awesome? The only reason I would use a spider replacer mod would be to avoid killing them :p

I think spiders are awesome too, but that's in real life. In games I find them annoying because they are usually programmed to attack me on sight. Real life spiders never bother me so we're on pretty friendly terms.

There are varying levels of fear, I guess. Real spiders freak the heck out of me but video game spiders do nothing.
Bugs scare the shit out of me period. When there's a Roach I call my brother over to come and get rid of it for me :3
everyone in my family makes fun of me cause of this

Darkroronoa

Just finished Ys Origin with yunica, i really enjoyed it, my favorite is the oath in felghana but this is great too. I just wanted a bit more variety, i did not liked that much that all the game takes place in the tower. Still the action was amazing. And the music, as always!
The story was good too, lots of info but i do not remember much from the other Ys games i played (book 1,oath,mask of the sun,naptishtim and half of seven) so could not make lots of connections.
I only finished Ys book 1, i should really go back and finish book 2. Also i must find time to play the other 2 characters in origin.

They should really bring memories of celceta to PC.

Sendou

spider_bro_comic_by_gd6cc4.jpg

KarmaCow

Just finished Ys Origin with yunica, i really enjoyed it, my favorite is the oath in felghana but this is great too. I just wanted a bit more variety, i did not liked that much that all the game takes place in the tower. Still the action was amazing. And the music, as always!
The story was good too, lots of info but i do not remember much from the other Ys games i played (book 1,oath,mask of the sun,naptishtim and half of seven) so could not make lots of connections.
I only finished Ys book 1, i should really go back and finish book 2. Also i must find time to play the other 2 characters in origin.

They should really bring memories of celceta to PC.

How much longer do I have if I just got to the
Spellbinder
?

Funny or not to funny thing. Since I live basically in a acreage, last week I saw something strange in my room. I thoght it was a lizard, then searching for it I discovered it was a snake.
Snakes are the only thing I hate, I'm almost dead by seeing it. So I took a buck, I captured it and then I launched it in the high grass, far away from my house XD
I would've had a panic attack ×_× also you're username is PunishedSnake, that's pretty funny since you're afraid of snakes

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dishonored GOTY 75% off on GMG

That is a great deal on a great package. To those picking it up, don't overlook the DLC. The two mini-campaigns are surprisingly meaty and really well design. They each took me around 5-6 hours adding quite a bit of play time to my total.

Jawmuncher

Dark Souls 2 should end up getting a GOTY or collection package at some point right? Think I'm going to play it on PS3 and then double dip on PC for the DLC.

dmix90

ModBot said:
Instructions for dmix90:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive -- MB-A09725F381FBCC94 - Taken by wagamer. 37 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-8E82C4BE44D66123 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-39F2F382C075D548
SpaceChem #2 -- MB-E86D63E1ECB784D0
SpaceChem #3 -- MB-D446ABE329E6D7A2
Thief Gold -- MB-5698B2B3567F959F - Taken by Helmholtz. 3 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C5E37796E0EF3C03 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-F54DE271D84EC4B5
Gun Monkeys #3 -- MB-B796DFD213942388
Dino D-Day -- MB-DE69539DD760F88C
Dino D-Day #2 -- MB-EA240F9224588D4F

t1408297762z1.png

Dr Dogg

Dark Souls 2 should end up getting a GOTY or collection package at some point right? Think I'm going to play it on PS3 and then double dip on PC for the DLC.

Well if not Namco have been quite generous with the discounts of their existing games. Saying that I got a retail copy for quite cheap and the season pass also via other means.

Though personally I don't think I'd be able to stomach a PS360 version now after playing with the PC version. High resolution support, a few extra graphical tweaks, 60fps easily achievable and GeDoSaTo and all the extra plug-ins that has there is no going back. So I'd say if you are grabbing the PS3 version for convenience do that first.

Jawmuncher

Well if not Namco have been quite generous with the discounts of their existing games. Saying that I got a retail copy for quite cheap and the season pass also via other means.

Though personally I don't think I'd be able to stomach a PS360 version now after playing with the PC version. High resolution support, a few extra graphical tweaks, 60fps easily achievable and GeDoSaTo and all the extra plug-ins that has there is no going back. So I'd say if you are grabbing the PS3 version for convenience do that first.

It's more I got stuck with the PS3 version because I forgot I had it preordered. Nice steel book though. I never have a issue playing inferior if I work my way up. Though I definitely can't work my way down. Can hardly touch RE6 on 360/PS3 now.

Turfster

There we go.
GMG updated their top 50 countdown.
  • Fallout 3 75% off
  • Dishonored GOTY 75% off
  • Thief Gold 75% off
  • Rome: Total War 75% off
  • GTA San Andreas 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 75% off
  • Age of Empires II HD 75% off
  • GTA 3 75% off

Latest 20% off code: Z4364W-7MR5WA-N5BCOO

There we go.
GMG updated their top 50 countdown.
  • Fallout 3 75% off
  • Dishonored GOTY 75% off
  • Thief Gold 75% off
  • Rome: Total War 75% off
  • GTA San Andreas 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 75% off
  • Age of Empires II HD 75% off
  • GTA 3 75% off

There's also Mass effect 2 75% off.

Speaking of which, are Mass effect trilogy DLCs - that for all I know are only purchasable in game or on Origin paying in BioWare currency, and they are not cheap - any good?

derExperte

Speaking of which, are Mass effect trilogy DLCs - that for all I know are only purchasable in game or on Origin paying in BioWare currency, and they are not cheap - any good?

Some of the best ME content is DLC, like Lair of the Shadow Broker, and some important story stuff is too. But I can't give you a comprehensive list.

KarmaCow

I cant be sure but the game on normal took me 12 hours. I guess you have 4-5 more hours,
rado annex
was about hallfway through i think.

Alright thanks, just wondering if I should try to do a Hugo run afterwards or not.

edit: speaking of ME2, what did they do with the online pass equivalent in that game after EA cut the cord on that scheme?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
2muiRQl.jpg

When we are playing:
t1408318200z4.png

Quote to see Server Password.

Sounds like there is a lot of interest for CS:GO so I booked a time tomorrow. Hope to see you all then!

US server? I'm may play since tomorrow is a holiday here and I don't have to work.

Not Steam, and has those fucking stupid bioware points ;)

Right, I stand corrected then.

In fact that DLC pricing policy, besides the fact that the ME3 is not available on Steam, is the only thing that held me off purchasing the ME bundle.

Some of the best ME content is DLC, like Lair of the Shadow Broker, and some important story stuff is too. But I can't give you a comprehensive list.

Thanks, I guessed right.

Uzzy

Bring Down the Sky for Mass Effect 1, and Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2 are the only ones I'd say are must haves (Lair of the Shadow Broker being the best damn thing Bioware have put out for years). The rest is average.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Mass Effect 1
-Bring Down the Sky: Free and excellent, must play.
-Pinnacle Station: Challenge rooms that are pretty lame, no real worthwhile story. Ignore it.

Mass Effect 2
-Zaeed Price of Revenge: Solid side mission, fun character who can be used for the entire game.
-Firewalker: Free, total apology for killing the Mako. I had fun with them.
-Kasumi Stolen Memory: Really cool side mission and great character addition. The pacing is really cool. Must play.
-Overlord: Interesting side story, but unnecessary. Not a big deal if you skip it.
-Lair of the Shadow Broker: Must play. Tons of main plot ties, tons of Liara development. Great visuals too.
-Arrival: Lame, but sort of important story content tying into ME3. Not a must play, just read up on it if you want to save money.

Mass Effect 3
-From Ashes: Fun side character, but the mission is kind of lame. YMMV.
-Leviathan: Interesting side story, but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Definitely overpriced.
-Omega: Fun callback to Mass Effect 2. Lots of cool new scenery to see of Omega. The plot is entertaining. Not important, but a lot of fun.
-Citadel: Really the most important piece of DLC for the game. A proper goodbye to all the characters and an amusing set of missions with a cool villain. A bit goofy, but heartfelt.

Flunkie

Banned
Mass Effect 1
-Pinnacle Station: Challenge rooms that are pretty lame, no real worthwhile story. Ignore it.

Mass Effect 2
-Zaeed Price of Revenge: Solid side mission, fun character who can be used for the entire game.
-Kasumi Stolen Memory: Really cool side mission and great character addition. The pacing is really cool. Must play.
-Overlord: Interesting side story, but unnecessary. Not a big deal if you skip it.
-Lair of the Shadow Broker: Must play. Tons of main plot ties, tons of Liara development. Great visuals too.
-Arrival: Lame, but sort of important story content tying into ME3. Not a must play, just read up on it if you want to save money.

Mass Effect 3
-Leviathan: Interesting side story, but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Definitely overpriced.
-Omega: Fun callback to Mass Effect 2. Lots of cool new scenery to see of Omega. The plot is entertaining. Not important, but a lot of fun.
-Citadel: Really the most important piece of DLC for the game. A proper goodbye to all the characters and an amusing set of missions with a cool villain. A bit goofy, but heartfelt.

I feel empty for realizing I never played Citadel DLC now. Great list btw.

bronson

I'd say From Ashes is vital. The mission itself sucks, but the character you get brings an amazing new layer to the lore. Great interactions with the other characters too, especially Liara.

Bring Down the Sky for Mass Effect 1, and Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2 are the only ones I'd say are must haves (Lair of the Shadow Broker being the best damn thing Bioware have put out for years). The rest is average.

Thanks, so you're saying I should pay only for "Bring down the sky"; that's reassuring, albeit that policy of putting relevant content beyond that kind of pay walls puts me off somehow, as it forebodes similar stuff in the future and as a consumer I do not wish to embrace it.

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Thanks for your detailed response ;)

gabbo

Mass Effect 1

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

I've been holding off on getting in hopes that they'd either go on sale or be available outside Bioware points, but I feel that may be a losing strategy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom