• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Free games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Link Man, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blockland -- MB-B585E93C48B173D3 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 3 entrants total.
Steel Storm: Complete Edition -- MB-3778A631125A6DD0 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-AA7B62EDAD74814D - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-77A3E135F42FEA10 - Taken by xptoxyz. 2 entrants total.

t1406942486z1.png

Tellaerin

Why did I get a Fist of Awesome copon?

And will my copon for Pixel Piracy work with the discount? I'd check but I sent those copons to my alt tf2-idling account to clean up my inventory.

edit: somebody bought my Ampu-Tea foil... Why did somebody buy my Ampu-Tea foil?

Probably because something else you own qualified you to receive one, I'm guessing.

At least you didn't dump your Copons on Trashbot. I don't think that's the kind of "vacation" he'd want to go on. >.>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not really connecting to this topic, but if they were irrelevant, Valve would have shipped Ricochet 2 by now. Player engagement is important to them, and if after, say, 200k concurrent players in the first weekend the number drops down to 1k in a month that's not a good proposition. Of course major publishers with their annual franchise don't care.

I guess I should have specified: I kind of meant "irrelevant to the buyer" in this instance. I agree that player engagement is an important part of any game's marketing analysis: multiplayer-only or otherwise.

Kifimbo

Garbage dump, because I'm not sure these two keys weren't used. Sorry if they don't work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Galactic Arms Race -- MB-2E8F68EE8DA164EF - Taken by Tellaerin
Major Mayhem -- MB-700D247D21D6F88C - Taken by Darth Kupi

I created a gift link of part of a bundle that apparently I had redeemed myself, this has resulted in that part of the bundle being removed from my steam account and a message on steam saying something about payment issues (despite there being no payment issues, this is likely just how steam sees the revoking of the keys). I wait all week for my humble bundle support ticket to be responded to and the 'personalised' reply I get is basically;

'read the FAQ, we hope your problem has been resolved and will close your ticket if no reply is made'

I fully expect my next response to be similarly helpful, maybe they'll resend me a link to the 'find your transaction id' or better yet, prompt me to use steam support. Honestly I don't mind if this issue takes 2-4 weeks to respond to but please don't send me automated junk mail and pretend that you've solved my issue.

Dr Dogg

I sent back my first 830 SSD because it made chirping noises during heavy access. The second one and many other models do too but less noticeably. And then there's the feared high pitched coil whine some graphics cards emit. You can never go 100% inaudible even with no moving parts, there's always something but I think I'm good at the moment.

I've been real lucky with coil whine from GPUs over the years but have had it from PSUs, cheap and expensive. Some components just don't play well with one another and due to the massive amount of combinations out there unless it's a general issue (apparently some Seasonic ones are quite susceptible to it) then it's just luck of the draw.

All I know about Shenmue is he's looking for sailors and how about a game of lucky hit.

Basicaly here's a run of the mill conversation from Shenmue:-

Ryo: Do you know anything about the THREE BLADES?
Dock Worker: Sorry I don't know of any THREE BLADES.
Ryo: I see. Have you seen any SAILORS?
Dock Worker: No sorry I haven't seen any SAILORS.
Ryo: I see.

And rinse and repeat for half the fecking town. Though having Super Hang On and Space Harrier in the game was awesome.

Ryo: I'm looking for THREE BLADES?
Dock Worker: Sorry I don't know of any THREE BLADE.
Ryo: I see. Have you seen any SALIORS?
Dock Worker: No sorry I haven't seen any SALIORS.

And rice and relate for half the fecking town. Though having Super Hang. On and Space Harrier in the game was awesome.
I liked the atmosphere in the first Shenmue, but I prefer the second game overall because the dialog isn't as piecemeal as the first game's was for some reason. Like, you can tell some stuff is separate files, especially if you're playing on an older/more worn out Dreamcast. "I better take this--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--MILK--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--to the--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--CAT."

Ozium

When I went to Japan I took a day trip to Yokosuka and it is literally just like IRL Shenmue.. I even asked some sailors how to get to Dobuita street...

The entire time I was humming the Shenmue theme in my head...

Link Man

Banned
So I've been thinking of upgrading to a GTX 750 Ti for a while now, anybody have any thoughts on the card?

Currently have a Radeon HD 6670.

Finally finished Witcher 2, now either going to play Binary Domain or finally some Dark Souls 2. Maybe Binary Domain first, i guess Dark Souls 2 will take more of my time and patience.

And please excuse me, but i feel i have to add something to the mouse discussion of the las thread: Now that my temporary Razer Lachesis died as well (cursor is skipping, guess the sensor is faulty) I went back to my old MX518 and really have to take back what i said about that mouse. It's not a fine mouse ... I just don't know how i could play with that ridiculous amount of angle snapping back then. Do you (MX518 users) really not notice this at all?

You can't go wrong with Binary Domain. Despite being a massive dark souls 1 fan, I was actually more compelled to play through Binary Domain than to finish off an almost complete Dark souls 2 run (I have no finished it though and didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first).

How did you find the witcher 2? that game has been staring at me for months (literally the shortcut is one of the only ones on my desktop and that wolf just keeps staring at me). Loved the first one but have yet to find the right mood to jump into the second one properly (beyond the opening act).

Dr Dogg

rice and relate xD that's soooo racist and funny at the same time xD

Hahaha iPad auto correct has some explaining to do.

I liked the atmosphere in the first Shenmue, but I prefer the second game overall because the dialog isn't as piecemeal as the first game's was for some reason. Like, you can tell some stuff is separate files, especially if you're playing on an older/more worn out Dreamcast. "I better take this--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--MILK--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--to the--"*vrrt-vrrt*"--CAT."

I haven't put Shenmue on since, blimey 2002. Considering my Dreamcast is a launch model with quite a hefty amount of use I can't imagine it would be a pleasant experience. Virtua Tennis 2 used to make a hell of a racket. More reason for a Dreamcast Collection 3 Sega *hint, hint*

StAidan

So I've been thinking of upgrading to a GTX 750 Ti for a while now, anybody have any thoughts on the card?

I picked up a 750 Ti a few months ago, upgrading from a GTS 240. I've been really happy with it, the low power consumption means it's pretty much quiet all the time and I get decent (though certainly not top of the line) performance from anything I want to play. (For example, I pulled ~60fps from Tomb Raider @ 1080p and high settings, 30fps @ 720p and TressFX enabled.)

I don't think you can beat the price for the level of performance it offers.

EDIT: I've read that overclocking is an option on it if you have the juice in your PSU, but I don't care about that stuff so I've never tried it.

Anteater

Ryo: Do you know anything about the THREE BLADES?
Dock Worker: Sorry I don't know of any THREE BLADE.
Ryo: I see. Have you seen any SAILORS?
Dock Worker: No sorry I haven't seen any SAILORS.

And rinse and repeat for half the fecking town. Though having Super Hang On and Space Harrier in the game was awesome.

The worst is when Ryo talks to himself after every god damn annoying QTE. Dude I know, that guy is on the 10th floor, I have to get to the 10th floor, and it's the only way there, stop saying that.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys, yGray wanted to know for those of you that have Transistor. does it work with controller? He has Bastion but it doesn't detect a controller.

Anteater

Hey guys, yGray wanted to know for those of you that have Transistor. does it work with controller? He has Bastion but it doesn't detect a controller.

Controller works in both Bastion and Transistor for me, perhaps it's a late patch for Bastion because I didn't play it until several months ago, but yeah controller is supported in Transistor.

edit: fuck you guys, stop posting so fast

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Re: Transistor, I believe the DS4 is even natively supported (with button prompts). Bastion worked fine with a controller for me.

Lomax

I've been considering getting one as well, or a GTX 760. From what I can see the biggest advantage is the quiet running and low power draw. What disturbs me is that four and a half years after buying a 5770 for $160, the 750 ti is barely twice as powerful and even the 760 isn't nearly as big an upgrade as I'd like and it's over $200.

Jawmuncher

All of the shenmue talks has me hoping it gets some kind of rerelease. Seems like the sort of game you sorta have to play if you consider yourself a gamer.

---------------

No new info on fable anniversary is worrying. Guess it was too much to hope for 2014 release.

I created a gift link of part of a bundle that apparently I had redeemed myself, this has resulted in that part of the bundle being removed from my steam account and a message on steam saying something about payment issues (despite there being no payment issues, this is likely just how steam sees the revoking of the keys). I wait all week for my humble bundle support ticket to be responded to and the 'personalised' reply I get is basically;

'read the FAQ, we hope your problem has been resolved and will close your ticket if no reply is made'

I fully expect my next response to be similarly helpful, maybe they'll resend me a link to the 'find your transaction id' or better yet, prompt me to use steam support. Honestly I don't mind if this issue takes 2-4 weeks to respond to but please don't send me automated junk mail and pretend that you've solved my issue.

How does one become better than Steam?
Well, clearly, you must be better than Steam if you have a worse support team!

This is not good news for SteamGAF, as they're holding 6 raffle prizes I bought last night...

Shadownet

Banned
Works great with a controller. I played the whole game with one and had no issues at all.

What controller is he using? Bastion and Transistor should use the 360 controller just fine.

Controller works in both Bastion and Transistor for me, perhaps it's a late patch for Bastion because I didn't play it until several months ago, but yeah controller is supported in Transistor.

edit: fuck you guys, stop posting so fast

yGray haven't gotten Transistor yet (tomorrow), he only have Bastion. He was experimenting with the PS3 controller using the custom drive from motioninjoy under 360 setting. He was playing with Bastion (failed to detect the controller) but Shovel Knight work flawlessly.

Dr Dogg

I see what you did there.

Ha that was complete unintentional. Um no what I yeah I totally meant that ;)

The worst is when Ryo talks to himself after every god damn annoying QTE. Dude I know, that guy is on the 10th floor, I have to get to the 10th floor, and it's the only way there, stop saying that.

Oh good grief I forgot about that. I was reminded of that when playing Yakuza 3 and having to go through floor after floor with Kiryu stopping for an internal monologue after every floor before having a huggy, emotional cutscene with his posse before the boss battle. A boss battle that completely kicked my arse and I haven't returned to the game since.

And that's another Sega game. Listen Sega you guys know you do good business on Win PC and have a massive amount of IPs collecting dust. Surely you guys can put two and two together right?

Ozium

Ha that was complete unintentional. Um no what I yeah I totally meant that ;)

Oh good grief I forgot about that. I was reminded of that when playing Yakuza 3 and having to go through floor after floor with Kiryu stopping for an internal monologue after every floor before having a buggy emotional cutscene with his posse before the boss battle. A boos battle that completely kicked my arse and I haven't returned to the game since.

And that's another Sega game. Listen Sega you guys know you do good business on Win PC and have a massive amount of IPs collecting dust. Surely you guys can put two and two together right?

You're giving SEGA far too much credit...

Please put Yakuza 1 and 2 remasters on Steam... baka

yGray haven't gotten Transistor yet (tomorrow), he only have Bastion. He was experimenting with the PS3 controller using the custom drive from motioninjoy under 360 setting. He was playing with Bastion (failed to detect the controller) but Shovel Knight work flawlessly.

Never use motion joy. Use XInput Wrapper. It makes your PC think the DualShock3 is an Xbox 360 controller and should work with all DirectX Controller games.

I use a DualShock 3 with it and I've had it work flawlessly for SFIV, Dark Souls 1 & 2 and TiTS.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

no ... no, they ABSOLUTELY can not ... ;)

Deitus

I use a PS3 controller with PC. I used Motioninjoy for a while when it was the only option, but that is no longer the case. Please direct yGray to this thread and tell him to uninstall Motioninjoy and never use it again (it's basically spyware): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Since using the xinput wrapper method from the thread above, the only issue I have ever had using my PS3 controller was a couple times when I plugged in the controller after loading up a game (I suspect the game in question had pretty crappy controller support in the first place). Other than that everything has just worked flawlessly for me.

Motionjoy? What's wrong with that fella?

SCP DS3 SERVER.

I use a PS3 controller with PC. I used Motioninjoy for a while when it was the only option, but that is no longer the case. Please direct yGray to this thread and tell him to uninstall Motioninjoy and never use it again (it's basically spyware): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Since using the xinput wrapper method from the thread above, the only issue I have ever had using my PS3 controller was a couple times when I plugged in the controller after loading up a game (I suspect the game in question had pretty crappy controller support in the first place). Other than that everything has just worked flawlessly for me.

Depending on what you're talking about, that's a pain in the ass (maybe).
SCP DS3 SERVER is easy to install and makes games think your DS3 is an x360 controller... nothing more needed, automatic support for DS3 for any game that supports x360 controllers.

Hugstable

Banned
Motionjoy? What's wrong with that fella?

SCP DS3 SERVER.

Yeah never go Motion Joy. Shadiest program ever. SCP drivers are all anyone ever needs, except for something like Joy2key to get Dpad working for TiTS.

Squenix Humble Bundle is pretty good if you don't have games from it.

Yeah that 1$ tier did me really good as I had none of those games at all, so it was tons of great games for only a buck. I almost thought about jumping in for The Fall, but it's not worth it for over 6 or 7 bucks more I would have to pay to BTA

Deitus

Depending on what you're talking about, that's a pain in the ass (maybe).
SCP DS3 SERVER is easy to install and makes games think your DS3 is an x360 controller... nothing more needed, automatic support for DS3 for any game that supports x360 controllers.

Is that not what was described in the post I linked? The file is called ScpDriver.exe, and it basically does exactly what you are saying.

Hugstable

Banned
got back from Gamestop
apparently it wasnt activated because ATT fucked up their internet
so crisis avoided

You didn't have a Steam Card working for you once? That happened to me with Best Buy where I guess there computers were down, they forgot to mention it, and charged me for the card. I thought I was just not allowed to buy anything period because it was during the Summer Sale right when my purchases with my credit card weren't working either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom