• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm a little confused about this. When buying extra Humble bundles to give away games from, I just buy the bundle (not using the "gift" option, just buy it for myself like I would any other bundle), the duplicate purchase gets added to my account, I go into it and convert the links to gifts w/the "gift" button, then hand the links off to ModBot. It's not possible to do that when buying games individually from the store? : / And yeah, that "delete this page" thing sounds like a colossal fuckup on Humble's part.

humble store ... not bundle

Tellaerin

humble store ... not bundle

*nods* I know, man. : ) IIRC, they use the same storefront - my individual purchases through the Humble Store (Retro City Rampage, XCVB) were added to my profile under "other purchases" along with the bundles I've bought.

Skimming that, I misread it as, "There's just me, and this bench", and thought this was some weird thing about somebody getting romantic with an anthropomorphic bench a la Hatoful Boyfriend or PacaPlus. >_<

Ozium

I'm a little confused about this. When buying extra Humble bundles to give away games from, I just buy the bundle (not using the "gift" option, just buy it for myself like I would any other bundle), the duplicate purchase gets added to my account, I go into it and convert the links to gifts w/the "gift" button, then hand the links off to ModBot. It's not possible to do that when buying games individually from the store? : / And yeah, that "delete this page" thing sounds like a colossal fuckup on Humble's part.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. I love cross-genre hybrids like that, and I'm big on both RPGs and pinball, so this is right up my street.

from the Humble FAQ:

If you are purchasing multiple products, some of which are gifts, please make separate purchases for those products which are gifts and those which are for your personal use. At this time we do not support gifting individual items in a store cart.

also this nugget:

Can I Sell/Give Away My Keys?
Each purchase is intended for use by one individual. Please read our Terms of Service.

If that's the case then why do they let you buy keys for games you already own? Even Steam is like "can't let you do that, Star Fox!"

Humble PLS

Tizoc

My first day of/after uaing idle master
ibdFrInk9EiQql.gif

Tellaerin

from the Humble FAQ:

also this nugget:

If that's the case then why do they let you buy keys for games you already own? Even Steam is like "can't let you do that, Star Fox!"

Humble PLS

Alternately, if you've already bought multiples of a bundle as gifts, you can just redeem them to your own account as if somebody else sent them to you (the duplicates are added w/o a problem), then convert the links inside into giftable ones.

I have no idea why they do things the way they do. Your guess is as good as mine. :s

EDIT: A correction - Looking at my account again, it appears that the gift purchase I sent to myself wasn't automatically added to my account profile when I redeemed it. I can still access the links page through the email link I received, though. The whole thing's a bit of a mess, really.

Hugstable

Banned
So, AtlusUSA posted a video on youtube of an upcoming game they're publishing on Steam called Rollers of the Realm. It's apparently a pinball-RPG hybrid.

It was previously Greenlight approved before Atlus became the publisher and it looks kind of good, I guess.

Please Atlus... we need SMT games on Steam. At least they are starting to publish stuff on steam though :D

They've published games on Steam for a couple years now...

Oh I actually didn't know that. Gotta check it out now.

$h@d0w

I never really understood the hatred for Uplay on GAF.
Seems maybe I just hadn't played a ubi game in a while.
I just got a new PC, and trying to get it work again was a bit of an ordeal >_<

The avatars are so hip.

Jawmuncher

Well good night guys, 2:27 a.m. is the end of me for tonight.
Good night!

Is that coming to Steam, or did you just want to post your waifu?

It can't come to steam due to the way it was made sadly.

Emi is so :3

Lilly will be next!

My rankings in terms of routes

Hanako
Lilly
Rin
Emi
Shizune

Don't know how far you have played but they're all worth doing though.
Especially the scenes where red velvet plays. Gets me everytime.

Deitus

Please Atlus... we need SMT games on Steam. At least they are starting to publish stuff on steam though :D

Sadly, I don't think Atlus USA publishing games has any impact on Atlus Japan porting games to PC.

Oh I actually didn't know that. Gotta check it out now.

They've published the last few ACE Team games, so Rock of Ages, Zeno Clash 2, and Abyss Odyssey.

Keep hounding the support team on humble and give them all the info needed ( transaction id etc). I eventually got through to a real person who replied to my emails almost instantly ( after a week of waiting). So hopefully they can help you out either by refund or resetting the items

It likes to playfully delete your saves and sleep with your wife

I don't have a wife. Must be why I seem to co-exist with uPlay most of the time.

Keep hounding the support team on humble and give them all the info needed ( transaction id etc). I eventually got through to a real person who replied to my emails almost instantly ( after a week of waiting). So hopefully they can help you out either by refund or resetting the items

How often should I be adding notes to my request asking for a response?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I heard it's around 4 hours (most reports have been pretty positive though). But if you're considering the season pass you might just want to wait since only the first of three is out right now. I'm waiting myself since I really want to play the entire thing in one large chunk.

Didn't know it was 3 parts, I have no problem waiting. Sounds like a plan.

Maybe I will play DS1 ;)

I'm going to stream Yaiba, I think.

Be warned, I'm going to be trying the last two chapters of the game, so... SPOILERS... also, it's on Hell difficulty, so I may be dying a lot.

When I'm done with that, if I finish those up, I might switch to Ninja Gaiden Z mode. I will make another post here when or if I do in case people are interested.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Be warned, I'm going to be trying the last two chapters of the game, so... SPOILERS... also, it's on Hell difficulty, so I may be dying a lot.

When I'm done with that, if I finish those up, I might switch to Ninja Gaiden Z mode. I will make another post here when or if I do in case people are interested.

at least use a mic, goddammit ;) we want to hear you curse xD

Speaking of dirt and grime: Arkham City finally clicked for me. I guess there's been enough time apart from having played AA for me to respect the changes made in AC and appreciate this game on its own. they've made fighting groups of thugs even more enjoyable, with abilities that affect the multiplier and dynamics that make you consider your approach. I had to do my best to not counter a knife thug because I unlocked the counter-knife-thugs-and-then-auto-KO-them ability and this particular thug had the deets on some riddler trophies.

And that's another good sign for the game: even though i'm not actively pursuing them like i did with AA, if a trophy comes my way (or if i unlock the trophies for an area via thug punishment) i just get completely derailed until i have exhausted all of my search efforts for them in an area. Part of this is due to the Riddler's side quest, which brings up a question: does the game automatically inform me once i have enough trophies to continue with this side quest? Seems that i hit a ceiling and now the game wants me to keep getting trophies but im curious if it'll ever outright tell me "hey, you can continue that quest line now."

So yeah, coming back to this game after not feeling it some years ago really has paid off. Looking forward to finishing this and playing Oranges before AK comes out.

joelnicholson.jif

Happened to find this post during a search, sorry for late reply. I believe you'll get an on-screen prompt saying where the next hostage is. I'll have to check later. They definitely show up on the map when you get enough trophies.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey I'm starting CSGO: COMP in an hour for the 1st group.

if you're interested in making a 2nd or even 3rd group. Let me know.
Here is the link.

(Other groups can start whenever they like)
CSGO: COMP

Anyone enjoying firefall around here?

I am looking for friends!

Name is ichigo in game

edit:
Just a bit about my history with the game:

I started playing the game in closed beta very soon after it started. So like 2+ years ago. I have every frame except bastion unlocked but only 1 to max level which is 40. Most of my frames are 10 and below and I'll play whatever.

Grief.exe

So, AtlusUSA posted a video on youtube of an upcoming game they're publishing on Steam called Rollers of the Realm. It's apparently a pinball-RPG hybrid.

It was previously Greenlight approved before Atlus became the publisher and it looks kind of good, I guess.

How cool would it be if they just dropped something like Persona 4 Golden on us?

Anyone enjoying firefall around here?

I am looking for friends!

Name is ichigo in game

I tried it and was just not feeling the game at all.

Hugstable

Banned

Stream it! I wanna watch dat Yaiba goodness. I don't worry about story spoilers in games like these so you should do it.

How cool would it be if they just dropped something like Persona 4 Golden on us?

I tried it and was just not feeling the game at all.

GAF would probably break for awhile haha.

Lomax

Remember how I mentioned Lego Jurassic Park? Well this has pushed that into the realm of actually happening.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-jurassic-world-sets-confirmed-for-2015/

Day one
at 75% off
as long as it includes the original movie.

I love the idea of that, but from the video the pinball looks incredibly simplistic, so we'll have to see. Epic Quest in Pinball FX2 does a simplified version of RPG that works pretty well and I'd love to see something like that elaborated on.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how I mentioned Lego Jurassic Park? Well this has pushed that into the realm of actually happening.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-jurassic-world-sets-confirmed-for-2015/

I'd be down for a Lego Jurassic Park game featuring all of the movies.

I wish. It's too bad that the Japanese branch would have to port it first, and we all know how that won't happen :(

If only the PC scene would become the next big gaming platform in Japan. Then all of the MegaTen games would be mine. I'd at least like the older games to have ports, similar to how SMT I, II, and if... all have iOS ports.

That would be glorious but change P4G to Persona 5. Now, that would be a true MEGATON.

edit: Now, that's pretty hard to happen but not impossible. Recently, we're seeing some influx of Japanese games on Steam. If a game is multiplatform, them there isn't really much of a reason to not port it to PC, so there's always hope. Not for P5, since that is PS3 only for now... Maybe an enhanced port in the future? Atlus loves doing that with Persona.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qube -- MB-01AF64AFA7FC9572 - Taken by GrinningColossus
strike suit infinity -- MB-52A3CEB09F1D19BE - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
humble links

Erekiddo

After going back and forth for about two weeks, Steam finally removed Bad Rats from my profile.

I've.. never felt so relieved. Until it happens again.

Aaron D.

I just spent a half hour trying (and succeeding!) to beat 2-3 Village Road in Lovely Planet. That level has a par of 17.20s. (...)

This game is phenomenal. It's got that insta-restart mechanic found in Super Meat Boy that makes it flow like butter. The 3 Star level scoring makes the game addictive as crack (under-time par, clear all enemies, 1 shot/1 kill accuracy).

All rapped in an incredibly colorful & refreshing Japanese-influenced Katamari/Jumping Flash wrapper. Music is awesome!

The intro price is $5.

Five Dollars!

What a steal. What a gem.

Giant Bomb Quick Look

Warning: You will throw your mouse. That is if your mouse-hand doesn't go numb first from restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom