• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Oh good grief I forgot about that. I was reminded of that when playing Yakuza 3 and having to go through floor after floor with Kiryu stopping for an internal monologue after every floor before having a huggy, emotional cutscene with his posse before the boss battle. A boss battle that completely kicked my arse and I haven't returned to the game since.

And that's another Sega game. Listen Sega you guys know you do good business on Win PC and have a massive amount of IPs collecting dust. Surely you guys can put two and two together right?

haha, I never played Yakuza 3 even though I enjoyed the first 2 games, I got so burned out with 1 and 2 after playing them back to back, I really like the story for those games but they don't change the settings and combat enough to pull me back in, I would buy ishin and kenzan in a heartbeat though.

Listen Sega you guys know you do good business on Win PC and have a massive amount of IPs collecting dust. Surely you guys can put two and two together right?

I'm still holding out for a Jet Set Radio Future port. I don't even care if it's HD, I just want to be able to replay it without either A.) digging out my original Xbox or B.) put up with the horrible and laggy emulation on a 360.

I go back every couple of years and replay it, and it's still an amazing game. Kind of made it hurt more when they did the HD remake of the first (which is completely unplayable after playing Jet Set Radio Future), but not the sequel...

YOU PICKED THE WRONG JET SET RADIO GAME, SEGA!

Ozium

YOU PICKED THE WRONG JET SET RADIO GAME, SEGA!

JMPdEon.gif

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Can someone tell me if the Dark Souls 2 expansion is worth buying?

I still have not beat DS2 (just got King Ring) but I figure if it adds a lot of content, I'll bite.

Ozium

Sorry, but this is a blacklist-able offense. Denying that JSRF is better than JSR should be punishable by death. The soundtrack of JSRF alone makes it better than JSR.

I enjoy JSRF but I miss the tension that comes between the cops being on your ass and you having to input the commands to paint...

JSRF is good, but to say it's better than JSR is a fool's errand because they are both awesome for different reasons.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So for those using Idle Master, an update:
I'll keep posting major updates in this thread for maximum visibility, unless you guys want me to stop

I've added two basic sorting methods to Idle Master. This changes the order in which games are chosen to be idled.

The default option (sort = "") means that the list of apps to idle isn't sorted at all.

There are currently two accepted values of sort:
  • mostcards - (sort = "mostcards") Idle Master will prioritize games which have the highest number of trading cards
  • leastcards - (sort = "leastcards") Idle Master will prioritize games that have the least number of available trading cards (this option is ideal if you're looking to maximize your booster pack eligibility)
This is basically just prepping for the upcoming sort option "mostvalue" which will prioritize the games with the highest card values.

r3n4ud

I enjoy JSRF but I miss the tension that comes between the cops being on your ass and you having to input the commands to paint...

JSRF is good, but to say it's better than JSR is a fool's errand because they are both awesome for different reasons.
I've never played either one :/

Always intend to pick up JSR during a sale but always slips my mind. One day...

Is that not what was described in the post I linked? The file is called ScpDriver.exe, and it basically does exactly what you are saying.

I didn't look at the post you linked, but read your description of xinput wrapper -- which was how people were using DS4's without SCP server originally -- and was unsure if you were referring to SCP DS3 Server indirectly or actually talking about using the xinput wrapper method. This is why there was a (maybe). :p

Not sure why you linked to a gaf thread instead of just linking to the SCP DS3 Server thread though...

no raffles
only customer service now

Between the two stores I have customer service complaints in with, I am now being rewarded with pure frustration for being generous. At this rate, it's souring my will to give -- when I get this shit sorted, these will seriously be my last giveaways for awhile.

So for those using Idle Master, an update:
I'll keep posting major updates in this thread for maximum visibility, unless you guys want me to stop

I've added two basic sorting methods to Idle Master. This changes the order in which games are chosen to be idled.

The default option (sort = "") means that the list of apps to idle isn't sorted at all.

There are currently two accepted values of sort:
  • mostcards - (sort = "mostcards") Idle Master will prioritize games which have the highest number of trading cards
  • leastcards - (sort = "leastcards") Idle Master will prioritize games that have the least number of available trading cards (this option is ideal if you're looking to maximize your booster pack eligibility)
This is basically just prepping for the upcoming sort option "mostvalue" which will prioritize the games with the highest card values.

Add my feature, dammit! :p
Love your work, Ben.

Double

Between the two stores I have customer service complaints in with, I am now being rewarded with pure frustration for being generous. At this rate, it's souring my will to give -- when I get this shit sorted, these will seriously be my last giveaways for awhile.
:( that sucks. Dare to expand on what exactly is going wrong?

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys the GAF server for CSGO is down at the moment, we're running into some trouble. Might be down for the night unless Phoenix can get it back up. So for now we're running Casual game, maybe Comp later. click on my name to join the lobby!

Curious_George

Neo Member

I still have not beat DS2 (just got King Ring) but I figure if it adds a lot of content, I'll bite.

I heard it's around 4 hours (most reports have been pretty positive though). But if you're considering the season pass you might just want to wait since only the first of three is out right now. I'm waiting myself since I really want to play the entire thing in one large chunk.

Grief.exe

yGray haven't gotten Transistor yet (tomorrow), he only have Bastion. He was experimenting with the PS3 controller using the custom drive from motioninjoy under 360 setting. He was playing with Bastion (failed to detect the controller) but Shovel Knight work flawlessly.

NEVER
USE
MOTIONJOY

Jawmuncher

When it was released everyone in StramGAF was loving it. Though it seems to be geared to near the end of the game is when you'd want to acess the content. Sounded like a good amount of content for just the first pack.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Add my feature, dammit! :p

It's coming, but probably won't be done for a couple of days yet. After the hectic week I've had I think I'm going to spend this weekend relaxing on the beach.

If you see me in-game I'm most likely being an Idle Master.

Deitus

I didn't look at the post you linked, but read your description of xinput wrapper -- which was how people were using DS4's without SCP server originally -- and was unsure if you were referring to SCP DS3 Server indirectly or actually talking about using the xinput wrapper method. This is why there was a (maybe). :p

Not sure why you linked to a gaf thread instead of just linking to the SCP DS3 Server thread though...

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if what you were describing was something different, but based on that link, it appears to be the same thing. It is an Xinput wrapper, but I guess it's different from the ones people were using on DS4s (no idea as I don't have one).

I posted the GAF thread, because that's where I found out about it originally, and I bookmarked the thread to post when people ask about it. I never bothered to track down the original source, because it just worked for me right away, but I suppose what you linked would have a more up to date version.

Levyne

Banned

I really liked it, but it's rather short. In one session I was able to get right up to the bosses and then only maybe an hour more to look around a few places and mop things up. Compared to most DLC packages it's pretty standard, compared to DS1 dlc it comes up a little short.

jshackles

I actually wish I had more than 3 games that need to be idled, just so I could see how nifty the Idlemaster really is.

It'll work with three games. :)

:( that sucks. Dare to expand on what exactly is going wrong?

The two stores I bought keys from have bad gift policies and bad customer service.

I currently have not made the last purchase I'd planned because the last 2 conflicted and I was only given one key. This store has ridiculous policies in place that complicates buying keys. I don't even want to explain the bullshit that's goin on here. But I paid for 2 keys and was going to buy a 3rd, but then I found out that the 2nd key is in limbo because I gifted it to the same email as the first gift. I should've tried the gmail dot trick lucking back on it, but I was annoyed that I just couldn't gift it to my main email address in the first place.

The humble purchase was fucked because the humble store assumes you won't buy a game you "own" without checking the "gift" box. However, I bought a game I didn't own and 6 for GAF. So my account had 6 duplicate games added to it. However, I could not redeem them because they tried to tie to my Steam account and I already own the games. To try to solve this myself, I took the cheapest of the pack and tried to "unclaim" the page... turns out "delete this page" really means "DELETE THIS FUCKING PAGE FROM EXISTENCE AND PRETEND YOUR KEY NEVER EXISTED" instead of "delete this page from my account but humble will remember it exists so you can give it away".

So far:
I am out $50 give or take.
I have 1 out of 9 keys to show for it.
I now have to deal with two sites' customer service departments. Humble's customer service department hasn't said anything and we're closing in on 24 hours since the incident.

At this rate, there are no giveaways and I'm just paying money for nothing and being frustrated by terrible customer service and the inability to do as I intended. I am literally being punished for being generous. :(

It'll work with three games. :)

Since you haven't issued my corporate credit card or given me access to an expense account yet, how do I go about submitting for reimbursement for the stack of games I just bought to test out Idle_Master? ;)

MTE

I never really understood the hatred for Uplay on GAF.
Seems maybe I just hadn't played a ubi game in a while.
I just got a new PC, and trying to get it work again was a bit of an ordeal >_<

rtcn63

It likes to playfully delete your saves and sleep with your wife

AsylumX

You 'll change your mind as soon as your first save file goes MIA...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, AtlusUSA posted a video on youtube of an upcoming game they're publishing on Steam called Rollers of the Realm. It's apparently a pinball-RPG hybrid.

It was previously Greenlight approved before Atlus became the publisher and it looks kind of good, I guess.

Good to hear that you got it all settled.
Was there something you were looking to grab right away? Or were you saving it for the next sale.

Witcher 1 and 2,Shovel Knight,and Trails in the Sky
also wanted to add some gs to Marvel Heroes
Shadow Warrior and Transistor are waiting till winter sales though

derExperte

Speaking of Uplay, gamesplanet.com has Child of Light for 50% off which is the highest discount yet. And AssCreed Lib for 4,99€, Black Flag 14,98€. But no Steam....

Tellaerin

The humble purchase was fucked because the humble store assumes you won't buy a game you "own" without checking the "gift" box. However, I bought a game I didn't own and 6 for GAF. So my account had 6 duplicate games added to it. However, I could not redeem them because they tried to tie to my Steam account and I already own the games. To try to solve this myself, I took the cheapest of the pack and tried to "unclaim" the page... turns out "delete this page" really means "DELETE THIS FUCKING PAGE FROM EXISTENCE AND PRETEND YOUR KEY NEVER EXISTED" instead of "delete this page from my account but humble will remember it exists so you can give it away".

I'm a little confused about this. When buying extra Humble bundles to give away games from, I just buy the bundle (not using the "gift" option, just buy it for myself like I would any other bundle), the duplicate purchase gets added to my account, I go into it and convert the links to gifts w/the "gift" button, then hand the links off to ModBot. It's not possible to do that when buying games individually from the store? : / And yeah, that "delete this page" thing sounds like a colossal fuckup on Humble's part.

So, AtlusUSA posted a video on youtube of an upcoming game they're publishing on Steam called Rollers of the Realm. It's apparently a pinball-RPG hybrid.

It was previously Greenlight approved before Atlus became the publisher and it looks kind of good, I guess.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. I love cross-genre hybrids like that, and I'm big on both RPGs and pinball, so this is right up my street.

Levyne

Banned
You 'll change your mind as soon as your first save file goes MIA...

Yep, I lost some PoP save files and I think it was due to however they implement cloud saving. Once I disabled that it went away.

Recently played through Valiant Hearts without issue, but obviously a short game played in two sessions and not something sprawling like Creed or Far Cry (which I have no interest in) where save files become more significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom