• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Battleblock Theater for a little time and so far I'm enjoying it, the levels are short but well made and, at least in the first world, the difficult curve is spot on. I'm currently playing in the single player campaign and from what I understand the co-op campaign is different from the single player one, so I may play it with my brother or girlfriend someday.

Remember how I mentioned Lego Jurassic Park? Well this has pushed that into the realm of actually happening.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-jurassic-world-sets-confirmed-for-2015/

Are you future teller? :p

wilflare

so no one is interested in the Bundle Manager project?
---

love IDLEM@STER - waking up to cards and rushing to check for foil drops. lol
---

should I get Chivalry? argh

Is there a reason as to why people are talking about the Persona/SMT games coming to steam? Pure fantasy I presume?

SMTIV is pretty great despite some of the obvious budget woes that make it a bit less impressive than Nocturne in ways. The way the game transitions between 3D and sprites would be pretty weird on the PC, game is really built with the 3DS in mind. Although obviously I wouldn't complain about such things happening.

If nothing else the 3DS/Vita are relatively cheap, why miss out :p

Erekiddo

Congrats on getting clean. I wouldn't want it in my profile, either :)

I talked about it in the last thread, but I got it onto my profile due to a bet my friend and I had. I bet him back in December (during the sale) that he wouldn't be able to get it onto my profile. 7 months later, he was finally able to dupe me.

I'm going to bet again - and up the ante.

Mono

Persona for PC? I don't think that will ever happen. :(

I would be salty that they released that trash instead of the vastly superior Persona 3

U WOT M8??

Lol jk; what don't you like about Persona 4? I've played Persona 3 and loved it, and I am about a quarter of the way though the normal version of P4 becasue I don't have a Vita. It seems great so far!

U WOT M8??

Lol jk; what don't you like about Persona 4? I've played Persona 3 and loved it, and I am about a quarter of the way though the normal version of P4 becasue I don't have a Vita. It seems great so far!

Persona 4 is too whimsical and not grimdark enough. And it goes without saying that preferring one thing means the other is pure garbage.

Ozium

U WOT M8??

took out the dungeon crawling, made it more of a dating sim compared to the social links in 3

Persona 4 is too whimsical and not grimdark enough. And it goes without saying that preferring one thing means the other is pure garbage.

that too..

also I forgot to put a :p at the end of my original post.. I don't hate P4 I just prefer P3 and lately Atlus has been all about P4 with the fighting game, rerelease, etc..

took out the dungeon crawling, made it more of a dating sim compared to the social links in 3

I can understand the dungeon crawling complaint as Persona 4 split them into separate themes rather than the massive, continuous tower in 3. Don't get the latter complaint though as the majority of the social links in Persona 3 are of the opposite sex(whether you play as a male or female), and you can have multiple partners in each so both focus on that aspect a fair amount.

And I can understand being a bit worn out by Persona 4 by this point. Remake, two anime series, two fighting games, two handheld offshoots, and who knows what will come next. Golden is pretty neat despite some of the stupid fanservice added. They brought Alice back!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Pure fantasy I presume?

Yep :/

SMTIV is pretty great despite some of the obvious budget woes that make it a bit less impressive than Nocturne in ways. The way the game transitions between 3D and sprites would be pretty weird on the PC, game is really built with the 3DS in mind. Although obviously I wouldn't complain about such things happening.

If nothing else the 3DS/Vita are relatively cheap, why miss out :p

I'll buy them on any system I can get my hands on, especially Nocturne and IV. Nocturne would fit better on PC than IV, but I could see IV working with a few tweaks. I'd prefer if they kept the 2D sprites for the battles though.

I really need to buy a Vita at some point, or at least a PS TV.

The first Persona game has a PC version already though :p

It's Japanese only and basically completely forgotten about of course.

Link Man

Banned
Well, it seems nobody entered my raffle, so these games are first-come, first-serve:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Link Man, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blockland -- MB-B585E93C48B173D3 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 3 entrants total.
Steel Storm: Complete Edition -- MB-3778A631125A6DD0 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-AA7B62EDAD74814D - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-77A3E135F42FEA10 - Taken by xptoxyz. 2 entrants total.

t1406942486z1.png

Ozium

SMTIV is great, one of the best games on the 3DS.. It's not as hardcore as Nocturne but that's because it's on a handheld (at least that's what I tell myself...)

Ozium

I can understand the dungeon crawling complaint as Persona 4 split them into separate themes rather than the massive, continuous tower in 3. Don't get the latter complaint though as the majority of the social links in Persona 3 are of the opposite sex(whether you play as a male or female), and you can have multiple partners in each so both focus on that aspect a fair amount.

And I can understand being a bit worn out by Persona 4 by this point. Remake, two anime series, two fighting games, two handheld offshoots, and who knows what will come next. Golden is pretty neat despite some of the stupid fanservice added. They brought Alice back!

I only played Persona 3: FES, not P3P and I can recall only 1 or 2 social links that seemed romantic in overtones.. but then again there were some links I didn't follow through on..

I only played Persona 3: FES, not P3P and I can recall only 1 or 2 social links that seemed romantic in overtones.. but then again there were some links I didn't follow through on..

I'm pretty sure you can date every girl in Persona 3 with maybe one or two exceptions, although you can choose to be friends instead like in Persona 4. Persona 3 does actually have scenes relating to having multiple girlfriends though, where they fight among each other. Although you can get around this by finishing one social link before moving on to the next, lol

Hugstable

Banned
Yep :/

I'll buy them on any system I can get my hands on, especially Nocturne and IV. Nocturne would fit better on PC than IV, but I could see IV working with a few tweaks. I'd prefer if they kept the 2D sprites for the battles though.

I really need to buy a Vita at some point, or at least a PS TV.

The first Persona game has a PC version already though :p

It's Japanese only and basically completely forgotten about of course.

The original SMT games and Strange Journey would also work even though in Strange Journey's case they would probably have to remake it. First person dungeon crawling is a great fit for PC

I'm pretty sure you can date every girl in Persona 3 with maybe one or two exceptions, although you can choose to be friends instead like in Persona 4. Persona 3 does actually have scenes relating to having multiple girlfriends though, where they fight among each other. Although you can get around this by finishing one social link before moving on to the next, lol

Persona 3 had that thing where if you started getting serious with 2 of the girls at the same time and were seeing them back to back, one would get pissed and I don't remember if there was a Derank or not. I forget I haven't played P3 in awhile

Whatever you're imagining is about 300x better than what you'd actually hear.

ha all our voices are different than what people probably think. STREAM! I wanna see some Yaiba lol

Zafir

Persona 3 had that thing where if you started getting serious with 2 of the girls at the same time and were seeing them back to back, one would get pissed and I don't remember if there was a Derank or not. I forget I haven't played P3 in awhile

It would reverse, and you had to see them to smooth it over so you could rank again.

I personally prefer Persona 4 over 3. Yeah, 3 is "darker" but as a game is not as good as 4, for me. Tartarus is very bland and kind of annoying, I didn't enjoy much of the Social Links in P3 and there a lot of days in P3 that you have nothing to do besides grind,grind,grind (since dungeons are at night in P3 you don't have to manage your time there with your time with Social Links).

I also enjoy much more of the P4 party members than the ones in P3 (Chie and Brosuke 4life). Again, just personal preference

The only part I thinks P3 is actually superior is on the final boss fight. The P4 one is cool but in P3, it's freaking epic. As for multiple girlfriends, don't try that in P4G or your heart will be broken.

In other Megaten related stuff, I've just start playing through SMT IV dlc. Clipped Wings 2 kicked my ass so hard :(

iosefe

So here I am doing windows update for the first time in almost 2 years. It's failed to install and is now reverting the changes

What do?

The original SMT games and Strange Journey would also work even though in Strange Journey's case they would probably have to remake it. First person dungeon crawling is a great fit for PC

I'm pretty sure it would cause ranks to get set back if you got caught. Was a bit of a bummer that Persona 4 got rid of the consequences. Although Golden on the vita added scenes during Valentines day that show how much of an asshole you are, and it causes the ending to change a tiny bit. Link Makes you feel bad, but the social links don't break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom