• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

So here I am doing windows update for the first time in almost 2 years. It's failed to install and is now reverting the changes

What do?

Somehow find out which update is causing the problem, there should be an error message after the rollback. What OS are we talking about? And why didn't you activate automatic updates? Not installing them for that long isn't a very good idea in general.

Parsnip

I would love it if Persona games came to Steam. I don't think it's ever going to happen, but it would be lovely.
Though who knows, because Sega is kind of a wildcard I think. Suddenly doing some work on the Dreamcast collection? Who saw that coming. Maybe they'll farm ports of Persona games to some western porthouse that specializes on PC, like Nixxes or Qloc, to pave the road for Persona 5 on PC.

Right!? Guys?!

P4 doesn't have Junpei Stupei tho

p3-typhoon.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone enjoying firefall around here?

I am looking for friends!

Name is ichigo in game

edit:
Just a bit about my history with the game:

I started playing the game in closed beta very soon after it started. So like 2+ years ago. I have every frame except bastion unlocked but only 1 to max level which is 40. Most of my frames are 10 and below and I'll play whatever.

I was in interested in the game, but some people have reported load issues, so I'm waiting to see if that clears up soon.

I would love it if Persona games came to Steam. I don't think it's ever going to happen, but it would be lovely.
Though who knows, because Sega is kind of a wildcard I think. Suddenly doing some work on the Dreamcast collection? Who saw that coming. Maybe they'll farm ports of Persona games to some western porthouse that specializes on PC, like Nixxes or Qloc, to pave the road for Persona 5 on PC.

Right!? Guys?!
]

It could be amazing. #believe

I don't have a wife. Must be why I seem to co-exist with uPlay most of the time.

How often should I be adding notes to my request asking for a response?

I waited about 4/5 days before getting a response. If you didn't initially provide the transaction id I'd add that otherwise wait a couple days. Once you get a response though respond as often as you like since at that point you have someone's ear and they should be able to respond in almost real time

zkylon

zkylewd
i really should play p4 someday

it's kind of a big commitment since those games are so long

i should also read the wiki on that extra content on p3 fes

i never felt like beating that since i really liked how the original ending was a bit left open to interpretation

rtcn63

i never felt like beating that since i really liked how the original ending was a bit left open to interpretation

To be honest, those sort of ambiguous endings are often better left in the dark. When sequels flat out explain them, they're usually disappointing/half-assed, and will at the very least ruin the mystique.

Anyone who's watched Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes knows what I mean.

Oh dear what am I doing? D: Thanks to IDLEM@STER I should have enough cards to get Trails in the Sky soon, I have a Astebreed OT to finish, exams are this month, I'm still a bit ill, Sword Art Online Vita releases soon, I play Dynasty Warriors 8 every now and then and I just managed to snatch a ArcheAge beta key, is there any Hyperbolic Time Chamber I can download on Steam? :(

Turfster

To be honest, those sort of ambiguous endings are often better left in the dark. When sequels flat out explain them, they're usually disappointing/half-assed, and will at the very least ruin the mystique.

Oh yes.
Went from "Wow, yeah." to "Uh, scuse me, what are you doing? No show, no."

zkylon

zkylewd

yes

one of the many things about the megaten games i really like is how they leave completely mysterious shit up in the air for you to give meaning to.

i love that in general, i wish more games had more strange stuff shrouded in mystery and left up to your imagination

Turfster

Did someone list the gamesplanet dailies yet?
  • Total War Rome II 67%
  • F1 2013 67%
  • Super Meat Boy Ultra 77%
  • The cave 75%
  • Bound By Flame 40%

(and a couple more uPlay deals that would be okay if they were only Steam keys too =p)

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah I never really touched the answer either, especially after I heard it was just more of the pre generated dungeon crawling again. Only thing I didn't like about the Persona games were the dungeons, just should made them more like Nocturne or Strange Journeys dungeons

Deitus

In a lot of cases, I agree with you, but I don't think that's really the case with P3 FES.

I wouldn't say The Answer (the Chapter of FES that is set after the main story) is really about explaining mysteries. It's more about the characters (and the player) coming to terms with the way P3 ended. In that respect, I thought it was quite well handled.
The story justifies why the main character had to sacrifice himself, in a way that is completely consistent with the story of P3, and honestly makes more sense than the way it was presented in vanilla.

On the other hand, the fan-fictiony main plot, and the character assasination of certain characters I could have really done without.

You're obsolete now. Your teachings have been passed on .

Yeah I can't watch moba at all. Really only character action games, fighting games, and the like I can actually watch.
StarCraft 2 is also very clicky like MOBAs, however the gameplay is much more enjoyable to watch, more tactical varieties and more tense.

rtcn63

yes

one of the many things about the megaten games i really like is how they leave completely mysterious shit up in the air for you to give meaning to.

i love that in general, i wish more games had more strange stuff shrouded in mystery and left up to your imagination

P3 FES ( specifically the post-game story where you play as Aegis) explains the ending of P3 IIRC. So warning, if you're perusing the wiki.

EDIT: Delius beat me to it

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I never really touched the answer either, especially after I heard it was just more of the pre generated dungeon crawling again. Only thing I didn't like about the Persona games were the dungeons, just should made them more like Nocturne or Strange Journeys dungeons

tbh i think ideal thing would be to do a mix of randomized and dev designed floors. i think having the tower be different every time was a cool thing even if it was always the same in mechanics (like either monster, chest, megachest or return thingies)

but having special developer floors for bosses or unique random encounters would be really cool

P3 FES ( specifically the post-game story where you play as Aegis) explains the ending of P3 IIRC. So warning, if you're perusing the wiki.

yeah i mean i don't care which one is the ending the developers chose, i like this ending and this is the one i'm sticking with

i'm interested in knowing what the answer was all about but not interested enough to play through it specially since the little i played was pretty hard

I always forget how depressing Persona 3 is in comparison to 4, wonder what route Persona 5 will take. The teaser images seem to hint a return to a more grim atmosphere at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not that "hard," you just need to grind cards for fusing. It takes a while. For me, I like the exploring the dungeon part/fusion of demons parts more than the S. Links/dating sim elements of Persona so I was fine with doing more dungeon crawling. Double so with Aigis.

I always forget how depressing Persona 3 is in comparison to 4, wonder what route Persona 5 will take. The teaser images seem to hint a return to a more grim atmosphere at least.

But, SMT is "grim" in general. That's kinda the motif they go for. P4 is generally the outlier in both SMT and Persona.

Deitus

:p

I was actually kind of disappointed with Persona 4's ending. It was just
"everything works out perfectly, except you have to move back home which you knew would from the beginning of the game."
In comparison to Persona 3's ending, where it was depressing, yes, but it was also very appropriate. It was basically the only way it could have ended (outside of complete destruction of humanity), without feeling like a complete deus ex machina.

It's not that "hard," you just need to grind cards for fusing. It takes a while. For me, I like the exploring the dungeon part/fusion of demons parts more than the S. Links/dating sim elements of Persona so I was fine with doing more dungeon crawling. Double so with Aigis.

But, SMT is "grim" in general. That's kinda the motif they go for. P4 is generally the outlier in both SMT and Persona.

Yeah, we've just had so many Persona 4 spin-offs and multimedia running for so long now that it's what sticks out in my mind as representing the Persona games. Which is kind of silly because Persona 2 IS came out on the PSP around the same period. Was interesting to see SMT IV having more developed characters compared to Nocturne where people were mostly just ideology voice boxes. Really hope that whenever the next mainline SMT comes around it gets a bigger budget as SMT IV really felt a bit cheap in places. Some towns would be 3D, others 2D navigation. And of course all of the monsters being sprite based instead of 3D models.

Stopped streaming for now. Might stream more later... need a break and I do not fondly remember that engine room. XD

• Total War Rome II 67%
  • F1 2013 67%
  • The cave 75%
  • Bound By Flame 40%

(and a couple more uPlay deals that would be okay if they were only Steam keys too =p)

SMB Ultra? What's so ultra about it?

Stopped streaming for now. Might stream more later... need a break and I do not fondly remember that engine room. XD

SMB Ultra? What's so ultra about it?

You get some artwork with it and can play as alien hominid when you get 30 bandages, used to be XBLA exclusive.

Edit: Ozium also pointed out you get the soundtrack with it as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea that's one of the reasons i'm not that obsessed about playing p4 too

i like depressing shit

You get some artwork with it and can play as alien hominid when you get 30 bandages, used to be XBLA exclusive.

Edit: Ozium also pointed out you get the soundtrack with it as well.

Hrrrmmmm...

(1) Alien Hominid should be brought to steam. C'mon Behemoth, your other two games are here now.
(2) That's awesome.
(3) I wonder if the upgrade is cheap -- I'll have to look next time SMB is ridiculously discounted on Steam. Love the soundtrack and Alien Hominid sounds like a huge plus.

Deitus

Hrrrmmmm...

(1) Alien Hominid should be brought to steam. C'mon Behemoth, your other two games are here now.
(2) That's awesome.
(3) I wonder if the upgrade is cheap -- I'll have to look next time SMB is ridiculously discounted on Steam. Love the soundtrack and Alien Hominid sounds like a huge plus.

As I recall from playing the Xbox version, Alien Hominid wasn't a very useful character.

$h@d0w

• Total War Rome II 67%
  • F1 2013 67%
  • The cave 75%
  • Bound By Flame 40%

Bound by Flame is the sleeper hit of 2014, fabulous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom