• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know about that game, that certainly looks interesting (though nothing for me, I guess). I'm still not sure how that game actually works, even though I watched both webms. What happens when you do not match the rhythm?

you don't move or attack. You get stuck in your tracks.

Didn't know about that game, that certainly looks interesting (though nothing for me, I guess). I'm still not sure how that game actually works, even though I watched both webms. What happens when you do not match the rhythm?

Your coin multiplier drops back to 1 and you don't move but everyone else does. There is a mode where a missed beat is instant death though.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
This is bullshit and you know it. But tell me more how it is not the publishers fault that marketing a different type of game under a established brand is really the consumers fault.

The publishers knew exactly what they are doing when they decided to call it Sacred 3 instead of creating a new IP.

you do, of course, realize that all Divinity games are pretty much completely different genres, right?

I liked what I played of Sacred 2, though it was kinda buggy on PS3 and with a lot of slowdowns and I would have loved a new Sacred like 2 with improvements because what's there not to love about an open world action game?

Still it's kinda discomforting to see the hate for Sacred 3 when the game isn't shit, simply because of the name and being different from past entries.
I understand that it hurts fans that Sacred 3 isn't the real sequel to Sacred 2, but it's old news, at this point they should have gotten over it. All the thumbs down in the world aren't going to resurrect Ascaron and place the IP back in their hands to make a Sacred 3.5 that's like the old ones. The IP is in Deep Silver hands and it's clear what direction they decided for it. They could change their mind about the direction for future entries, if there are gonna be future entries, but it's not by acting like this that they'll be swayed.

yeah - with all this hate towards Sacred 3 - this franchise is as dead as the original dev ... which is a shame, really

and yes - that's just stupid short-sighted behaviour - "yeah, we'll show those fuckers ... we'll downvote the hell out of this game and tell EVERYONE not to buy it (even though they might actually have enjoyed it) - that'll clearly show those greedy motherfucking devs and they make the next one a proper ARPG!!" ... except there won't be a "next one" if this one bombs

you don't like it? fine - don't buy it, no one's forcing you to like it .... but going all around the internet telling everyone the game SUCKS (which it CLEARLY doesn't!) is just plain stupid ...

Hugstable

Banned
Your coin multiplier drops back to 1 and you don't move but everyone else does. There is a mode where a missed beat is instant death though.

That's hardcore! I like how they mixed the Rhythm style game into something that doesn't look much like a rhythm game in the first place, much like the recent King DeDeDe Drum minigame in Kirby 3DS. Gonna pick this up later this month once I clear out a few other games in my backlog, seems like something I would get addicted to easily. The world can never have enough Rhythm games :D

you do, of course, realize that all Divinity games are pretty much completely different genres, right?

LOL yeah that always tripped me out about their games. Most of them have there own genre and style, pretty neat. I really like how Original Sin is.

Ryne

Sacred 3 doesn't look like a shit game to me either, but the gameplay does appear very 'light'. I'm sure the reception would be better if it wasn't a full on 50 dollar game.

abracadaver

I don't need The Cave:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Cave -- MB-B34B5C965210F0A7 - Taken by NingenJanai. 11 entrants total.

t1406998468z1.png

lashman

Sacred 3 doesn't look like a shit game to me either, but the gameplay does appear very 'light'. I'm sure the reception would be better if it wasn't a full on 50 dollar game.

now with this I actually DO agree ... they really shouldn't have priced it THIS high ... I think $30 would be a fair price ... because it REALLY isn't a $10-15 game. There's just waaaaay too much work put into it (all the levels, the dialogue, voiceovers, cutscenes, music ... etc. etc. etc.) for it to be a $10-15 game

lashman

Well I obviously have to play it for many hours so we'll see :D better to have low expectations than high expectations in this case.

just don't expect it to be a Diablo-like ARPG loot-fest (because it's not) - and you'll be fine ;)

abracadaver

Hell Yeah!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hell Yeah! Pimp my rabbit -- MB-6FB5E1B9EC137B83 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Hell Yeah! -- MB-3DD3A4B5AAC733A5 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Hell Yeah! Virtual rabbit missions -- MB-4C39EA315E247F21 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.

t1406999608z1.png

derExperte

Still it's kinda discomforting to see the hate for Sacred 3 when the game isn't shit, simply because of the name and being different from past entries.

The reviews I've read had a lot of complaints completely unrelated to the old Sacreds. Many of the reviewers probably never even played those.

so the verification when you sell 200 cards is only for US residents? cause it is asking me for shit because I once apparently tried to purchase something from the US store in 2008.

iosefe

can someone help me test server hosting on The Ship

seems the master server is down, so i have to send my ip to people

Most people in the thread are going to say no and that you're better off getting dishonored with that money. That's been the usual response.

I bought Dishonred day one and it was well worth it. I just figured with all of the negativity Thief may be worth the $10 and no more than that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so the verification when you sell 200 cards is only for US residents? cause it is asking me for shit because I once apparently tried to purchase something from the US store in 2008.

If you're not a US resident for tax purposes you just "sign" a digital form declaring as much and Valve never bothers you again... unless you purchased something from the US store back when it was easy to do so, in which case you'll have to provide proof of international residency and this can take weeks as the documents need to be verified. Have fun. ;)

Jawmuncher

I bought Dishonred day one and it was well worth it. I just figured with all of the negativity Thief may be worth the $10 and no more than that.

Its a poor mans dishonored but depending on you budget I would say 10 is worth it. 10 for me when it comes to "AAA" games is my buy range.

Grief.exe

It has been falling down the price cliff since it went up for pre-order and still has a couple of stops before it hits rock bottom.

If you are playing it immediately and go in with the expectation of mediocrity, then sure. Otherwise, I would suggest waiting as it will continue to drop in price.

MUnited83

For you.
Should stop reading the CS on consoles thread. Almost posted something that would probably get me banned :|

It's a terrible thread, especially with the ammount of "hurr durr skillz" people, when the real answer is more in the complete lack of support from Valve than anything else.

If you're not a US resident for tax purposes you just "sign" a digital form declaring as much and Valve never bothers you again... unless you purchased something from the US store back when it was easy to do so, in which case you'll have to provide proof of international residency and this can take weeks as the documents need to be verified.

Happened to me too, no way around that.

So I'm boned. Dammit. Just after this Idle Master program launched :/

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Cool, just got a foil from Shank 2.

Also, is Idle Master significantly better than just using SAM? I don't really feel like installing another program, but if it's much easier than using SAM, I might install it.

abracadaver

Jet Set Radio for you. I don't need it

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-25F6AFE1D1941D3B - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 11 entrants total.

t1407000628z1.png

It's a terrible thread, especially with the ammount of "hurr durr skillz" people, when the real answer is more in the complete lack of support from Valve than anything else.

We need to go full circle and when CS:GO is a different game two years from now after constant iteration, there can be a small clutch of crazy people that say they prefer the console version for being more "pure."

_hekk05

Banned

I just can't relate a controller with CS though. I just can't...

Then again I think anyone who plays fpses on PC with a controller is crazy.

MUnited83

For you.
We need to go full circle and when CS:GO is a different game two years from now after constant iteration, there can be a small clutch of crazy people that say they prefer the console version for being more "pure."

So pure that the recoil in the console version is still completely random :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom