• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
UU8PSXG.gif

nice giveaway, now to cross fingers!

Ryne

I'm trying to build up enough games that have cards to use that idling program haha. I remember idling almost 100 games prior to the sale to make enough money to get games for "free".

Which leads me into my next question - what is a good price for Yaiba from a Russian? It doesn't seem like it's a popular game to sell.

I just beat it, and understand it. It's not good. The last levels are just the worst.
Oh, ok, wasn't sure you finished it or not by your post :p

On an unrelated note, finally finished Braid today. Excellent game, but i'll never try that Speedrun achievement, screw that. some puzzles are somewhat luck based, so no. Has Jonathan Blow reveal what exactly the plot was about, in the end?

Made it halfway through Shovel Knight, game is fantastic, i'm sad i've been sitting on it for so long.

The hat boss was so stupid in the best way

Wow, E.Y.E sucks. Never play it.

That's 3 awful games in a row for me.

I was about to say.
But then you said you finished it.
So I believe you.

Playing random co-op MP matches is fun. I put 10+ hours into the game just on that. Never got far into the campaign.
I actually enjoyed that it didn't make any sense though, it added to the surreality(yep I made that up).

Oh, ok, wasn't sure you finished it or not by your post :p

I thought it'd take longer to beat, but the levels are super tiny. If you know which way to go, you could get through it in an hour.

Thanks for the heads up. What were the other 2?

Assassin's Creed 4 and Mafia 2.

Not arguing E.Y.E. is a good game, but I kind of doubt your claim here.

No clue about the story. None at all. But I understand the game's mechanics.

I actually enjoyed that it didn't make any sense though, it added to the surreality(yep I made that up).

In medias res in an abstract story with poor to average translation is 2surreal4me.

I hope Deus Ex does not disappoint as my next game.

Speevy

Banned
I forgot to do the autorepost thing, so if anyone is interested in promoting this raffle, just let others know. I may be asleep.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pool Nation -- MB-45083A291D5F8AA5 - Taken by diablogod. 8 entrants total.
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill -- MB-F09EDE11516DF3DE - Taken by Monooboe. 17 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-D6207F995905CE88 - Taken by Creamium. 84 entrants total.

t1407055654z1.png

jblank83

On an unrelated note, finally finished Braid today. Excellent game, but i'll never try that Speedrun achievement, screw that. some puzzles are somewhat luck based, so no. Has Jonathan Blow reveal what exactly the plot was about, in the end?

Spoilers:
You aren't trying to save a princess. You are the creep, stalking the girl, and a psycho who can't deal with reality.

There are other silly over interpretations of minutiae, but that's the gist of it. I'm assuming you mean this in particular, and not some other aspect of the game's plot.

I forgot to do the autorepost thing, so if anyone is interested in promoting this raffle, just let others know. I may be asleep.

FOUR chances at Transistor?

oh+boy!.gif

DLH.net is giving away Enclave and East India Company Gold for every user. No need to make account, login via Facebook possible.
You don't get keys though, games get added immediately to your account.
I see Caerith and Madridista have East India on their wishlist. Hopefully they see this.

Funny thing. East India Gold from there has appid 254000 which leads to nowhere in Steam.

Finally the site isn't lagging too much to grab East India. Both games are still available from what I can see.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I was never a big fan of Bastion's gameplay, but I want to play Transistor just for its art.

Edit: OT:
I'm going to see the Grand Canyon on a chopper the day after tomorrow, can't wait!

If you ever get the chance, you should hike down into it sometime. Seeing the Havasupai falls is just... breathtaking. Its a nice and moderately difficult hike too.

Benedict

A bunch of good games that are still available since yesterday. How original...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Humble Bundle PopCap (Origin) -- MB-F0A818705109BA93 - Taken by Jadax

t1406879244z1.png

Ventara

Spoilers:
You aren't trying to save a princess. You are the creep, stalking the girl, and a psycho who can't deal with reality.

There are other silly over interpretations of minutiae, but that's the gist of it. I'm assuming you mean this in particular, and not some other aspect of the game's plot.

Braid completely blew my mind with it's story and the way it told it. Really unique, and one of the few games that has stayed with me despite my terrible memory.

Spoilers:

Oh, that i thought was sorta obvious. I mostly meant the minutiae stuff then. I remember reading about some interpretations some years ago like
Tim created the atomic bomb
and Blow going on forums and sites to say those interpretations were wrong :p

Braid completely blew my mind with it's story and the way it told it. Really unique, and one of the few games that has stayed with me despite my terrible memory.
Totally agree. That
twist on the last stage, with you realizing the whole stalker stuff, seeing that the knight was actually saving her was excellent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DLH.net is giving away Enclave and East India Company Gold for every user. No need to make account, login via Facebook possible.
I see Caerith and Madridista have East India on their wishlist. Hopefully they see this.

Funny thing. East India Gold from there has appid 254000 which leads to nowhere in Steam.

East India Gold and Pirates of the Black Cove Gold were uploaded for a Bundle Stars bundle last year. Both had retail releases in 2012, but for whatever reason TopWare didn't bring them to Steam until prodded and as you've noticed they're still not up on the Steam Store itself.

zkylon

zkylewd
now really, in tits, what the fuck is the difference between "low" difficulty and "easy" difficulty

cmon now

that's just stupid

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of nbnt, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor #2 -- MB-4E95349B0489456B - Taken by hitmon. 103 entrants total.
Transistor Plus Soundtrack -- MB-DC9F17E888A368C3 - Taken by JustLynx. 88 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-B1EBBE0701F48E12 - Taken by ashecitism. 109 entrants total.

t1407049774z1.png

Relax.MX

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Relax.MX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Thief Gold -- MB-38068E180D4F6167
The Last Remnant -- MB-2730F4DA71A21DD7 - Taken by Crimsonclaw111
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-7FECDB6625DFD0F6 - Taken by 73V3N

Toki767

now really, in tits, what the fuck is the difference between "low" difficulty and "easy" difficulty

cmon now

that's just stupid

I don't think there's much reason to use those since battles will get easier if you die continuously I think.

Ventara

Looks like the next clue in the Be Mine Bundle is chemicals so I'm guessing Sokobound or Spacechem.

I'd like Sokobound, since I have Spacechem, but Spacechem would make a nice giveaway, too.

cmon now

that's just stupid

That does seem kinda silly, but I guess Easy is easier than Low?

wut.

which game is that?

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I didn't know there was a difference between giving away games via keys and via Modbot. So Modbot will give away the keys for you automatically?

Yup, you just PM the keys in the format described to ModBot, quote the post ModBot sends you and post in thread, and then wait it out until someone claims the game or raffle is over.

zkylon

zkylewd
wut.

which game is that?
i'm not answering because your confusion amuses me

sorry lol

I don't think there's much reason to use those since battles will get easier if you die continuously I think.

no, like

you go to the quest board

and there are like tons of quests with different time limits and difficulties. two such difficulties are "low" and "easy". which sound to me like pretty a bad way of ranking lol

Toki767

no, like

you go to the quest board

and there are like tons of quests with different time limits and difficulties. two such difficulties are "low" and "easy". which sound to me like pretty a bad way of ranking lol

Oh lol. I guess low is the easiest.

jblank83

Oh, that i thought was sorta obvious. I mostly meant the minutiae stuff then. I remember reading about some interpretations some years ago like
Tim created the atomic bomb
and Blow going on forums and sites to say those interpretations were wrong :p

No, he's left all that stuff open ended, open to interpretation and so on. I doubt he ever had a grand secret meaning, and I'm glad he didn't try to lie and say he did.

Benedict

I can't find it on their webpage. Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom