• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Guys, I need help choosing a good and short game (< 5 Hrs) to play before my vacation, here is my game list:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996508504/games?tab=all

Any Suggestions?

I'd go with The Swapper. It's the only puzzle game I've played where puzzles aren't too hard nor too easy of course YMMV but what's certain is that it's a great game.

MS did, but not Sony.

That's not 100% correct. Sony did drop patch fees but apparently for indies only? Something weird like that. I think with PS4 they don't charge anyone for patches.

Madridy

Whoa I think enhanced steam lagged my browser so much I had to kill chrome

You should upgrade to Firefox. :p

Thomas was Alone, great game by all standards and fairly short.

VVVVVV is around 5hrs

These are all good, and relatively short.

• The Swapper
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • LIMBO
  • To the Moon
  • Papo & Yo

My vote is for Hammerfight. Use your mouse to swing hammers and giant blades to smash your foes.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm going with Thomas Was Alone, 2nd option is VVVVVV.

Edit:
Audiosurf is fairly short to complete and further more nothing sets you into vacation mood better than playing your own favorite imported music

I'v already played it a lot when it first came out, actually it was one my first Steam games. Love the game.

VVVVVV

Can't go wrong with the other recommendations. except for audiosurf, I dislike it! Sorry redlacs :(

I'd go with The Swapper. It's the only puzzle game I've played where puzzles aren't too hard nor too easy of course YMMV but what's certain is that it's a great game.

Thanks guys, The Swapper seems it takes little longer to finish than the other games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think all their recent console games have been 30fps. To be fair, according to their numbers most PC players play it at 40~ fps anyway.

Yeah and apparently that's why they don't upgrade their servers and that argument has been proven wrong lol

MS did, but not Sony.

Yes. There's no such thing as a 60fps Source game on consoles. ;)

Going to be interesting to see the DF article and GAF reactions to the console version of L4D3. Valve haven't been part of the war anyway :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's not 100% correct. Sony did drop patch fees but apparently for indies only? Something weird like that.

Ah, yeah, seems so, and apparently Microsoft dropping patch charges was limited to indies, too. I don't think Valve classifies as "indie", though, despite being independent. ;)

I think with PS4 they don't charge anyone for patches.

Yeah, I mentioned as much myself.

Dr Dogg

Stop making me want to buy Transistor you bastards! I've got enough games to finish as it is and I'm hoarding my new found wallet funds for the rainest of days.
Im going to cave in soon, I can feel it.

Three ways.

Oh yeah. I complete forgot about the
surrender
option. Then again when you've got one of the best toys to play with who wouldn't it or that as a possibility ;)

Spec-Ops The Line ending for context to anyone else.

*tips top hat*
Glad to be of service.

Or is that top helmet? We should just call them Salsa Hats!

Hmm this is annoying, Wasteland 2 keeps continuing to download the update on every Steam restart despite turning off auto-updates for it.

I and a few others have been having problems with the auto updates for a while now. Either it goes in an infinite loop and keeps downloading a couple of Mbs even after it's finished or the update just sticks and doesn't proceed to download anything. Restarting the client or checking integrity works pretty much every time but this happens for me on only a handful of titles and regardless as to what I have updates set as. I've commented in the beta group a couple of times about this so I guess it's going to be sorted on Valve time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, Sniper Elite 3 has an achievement that requires you own all three Sniper Elite games. I think that's a first.

Arthea

Haha, Sniper Elite 3 has an achievement that requires you own all three Sniper Elite games. I think that's a first.

It is achievement of sorts, let's call it Jasec's achievement, next in line should be for owning all dlcs of that train game, you know which one.

Also if you don't mind me asking, who is Paul?

Seriously? That's ridiculous. When they gave away SEv2, it seemed like they were pretty cool people. But after the lawsuit stunt they pulled with Ironclad Games, and offering useless DLC to the people who got their keys revoked... It's pretty obvious that they're just pathetic, money-grubby sleazeballs.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
TF2 is hardly optimized. I love the game but optimization and netcode are not the tf2 teams forte, so I can see why it would be a problem porting to last gen.

I'm not up to speed on valve/Sony relationship but playing portal 2 on my ps3 and coop with my roommate on PC was such an enjoyable experience.

TF2 is hardly optimized. I love the game but optimization and netcode are not the tf2 teams forte, so I can see why it would be a problem porting to last gen.

I'm not up to speed on valve/Sony relationship but playing portal 2 on my ps3 and coop with my roommate on PC was such an enjoyable experience.
I think the only source multiplayer game I don't see complaints about the netcode in is DOTA2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
SPLATTER (Desura) -- MB-60EF220BDB7EE77A
ulgzbKC.png
OOZI EARTH ADVENTURE (Desura) -- MB-2384DC7D0C3B5E7A - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
PROJECT NIGHT (Desura) -- MB-D9F25FF058EDE3E7
ulgzbKC.png
LA-MULANA (Desura) -- MB-0B850FE027479086 - Taken by 73V3N. 14 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEPATHS (Desura) -- MB-AE1F806456B8E9FA
ulgzbKC.png
FAIRY BLOOM FREESIA (Desura) -- MB-7C8683D876157143 - Taken by gngf123. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ALTEREGO DREAMWALKER (Desura) -- MB-0CE037405C069F46 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES (Desura) -- MB-8952FF7E89F93281
ulgzbKC.png
ONIKEN (Desura) -- MB-0DFBA714C7EF2BB5 - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LAST KNIGHT (Desura) -- MB-6D7484240EEAFA5F - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SMOOTH OPERATORS CALL CENTER CHAOS (Desura) -- MB-173910EF39D4C09C - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEMASS (Desura) -- MB-B115F6A71478D94F - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LOVE Plus (Desura) -- MB-265F82C206255678 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
UNDERRAIL (Desura) -- MB-4006E548EBB2D2EF - Taken by Jrdan. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
CHOMPY CHOMP CHOMP (Desura) -- MB-CA3F174267A86B78 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
LITTLE GARDENS (Desura) -- MB-68548E2B16A54C1D - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
ELEUSIS (Desura) -- MB-133838DDFE0B0A29 - Taken by redlacs
ulgzbKC.png
RING RUNNER FLIGHT OF THE SAGES (Desura) -- MB-9B2878E535D1EBA8 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
PARTICULARS (Desura) -- MB-1B8AC0C8933492D1
ulgzbKC.png
BLEED (Desura) -- MB-F7CE2D113F5BC3E3 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-0369ED116AFB9B1A - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DAWN OF FANTASY (Desura) -- MB-D17269BD71EE86AD - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
PARANAUTICAL ACTIVITY (Desura) -- MB-2D7E0A0BCA1C9F49 - Taken by David___. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
FORCELINE (Desura) -- MB-1357040C9DC08A56 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
RADICAL ROACH (Desura) -- MB-669D948CDBEACD12
ulgzbKC.png
PARANORMAL (Desura) -- MB-0DB679F17752D0FF - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
8BIT COMMANDO (Desura) -- MB-C1FCE551A990C252 - Taken by Zero-Crescent

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BATTLEPATHS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407059367z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

As you guys well know, I have At&T and I don't know if it is the line quality or the quality of their routers, but I can have severe ping issues.

I want no bs fiber.

Hugstable

Banned
This is my problem. I get like 40-80 ping in most servers, which for me on DSL is normal :)< ), but I get ping spikes sometimes that just... suck. And they're at the weirdest times.

Yeah it's been happening abit to me as well at times, even though most of the time I sit at a good 30 ping. How I'm awake right now and still playing CS:GO comp.. I don't even know. I did Rank up to Silver 3 today!

A Fish Aficionado

You people is why I've played so much CS:GO in the last weeks. You guys and your addictions.
You shouldn't whine about lag until you are happy you got 150 ping.
Are you familiar with deregulation and American business practices? My mobile connection is sometimes faster than my physical one.

A Fish Aficionado

It's more of philosophy than corruption, though it goes hand in hand ie healthcare.

Did I get too real for steamgaf?

Shadownet

Banned
(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

dex3108

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

Good luck man.

Kanokare

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Dude... I hope everything goes well. Praying for you man. Marco just told us in CS:GO

Zarx

A couple codes I had lying around.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zarx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-C6591B671FB98401 - Taken by daisysmurf. 1 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-C7EFEEF5954A5321 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1407059014z1.png

I would play csgo with gaf if my ping wasnt 300 to usa

Yea I thought about joining the GAF server when everyone was about to play but my ping was 250-300 so I didn't. I actually wouldn't mind trying it out but I'm not sure if folks would be happy to play an HPB :p

DOTA 2 netcode is magical

When I play with gaming night gaf, I get 400ping in CS and 500 ping in L4D2, but in dota its only 260

How do you get along in CS with that ping?

My good wishes. Stay positive and we'll see you on the other side :)

Coldsun

Banned
(Off Topic)

Point of no return

I wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom