• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Hmm this is annoying, Wasteland 2 keeps continuing to download the update on every Steam restart despite turning off auto-updates for it.

No, he's left all that stuff open ended, open to interpretation and so on. I doubt he ever had a grand secret meaning, and I'm glad he didn't try to lie and say he did.
I believe he mostly reacted when sites said things like "THAT'S WHAT BLOW MEANT". At least him and and the guys that created the Indie game the movie gave that impression.

Yup, you just PM the keys in the format described to ModBot, quote the post ModBot sends you and post in thread, and then wait it out until someone claims the game or raffle is over.

Alright thanks, i like this idea a lot better than giving it away to whoever replies first or whatnot

zkylon

zkylewd
We'll fight it out and let you know the results. Winner gets to choose what is easier.

i just love how those two posts confirmed that translating it that way for hilariously dumb lol

no disrespect to carpe fulgur, the rest of the game is ace and so was recettear

Oh, that i thought was sorta obvious. I mostly meant the minutiae stuff then. I remember reading about some interpretations some years ago like
Tim created the atomic bomb
and Blow going on forums and sites to say those interpretations were wrong :p

Totally agree. That
twist on the last stage, with you realizing the whole stalker stuff, seeing that the knight was actually saving her was excellent.

I remember reading that Manhattan Project stuff and it made some sense especially with
the alternate scene if you actually get to the girl

I like the idea of it being very open to interpretation instead of just a straight "yeah it is a metaphor for this."

Ventara

i just love how those two posts confirmed that translating it that way for hilariously dumb lol

no disrespect to carpe fulgur, the rest of the game is ace and so was recettear

I think Carpe Fulgur only translated the Second Chapter, and the First Chapter was done by a former XSEED member (H.Protagonist username). Not sure if they went back and changed some translations for the Steam release, though.

Deitus

Reposting.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-B760BCC3E83674FC - Taken by PriitV. 80 entrants total.

t1407104673z1.png

Articalys

Finally beat DMC4... on Human difficulty, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
It was fun enough, and I'm sure that if I was actually any good at character action games, it would have been even more so.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just a repost for Speevy:

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pool Nation -- MB-45083A291D5F8AA5 - Taken by diablogod. 8 entrants total.
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill -- MB-F09EDE11516DF3DE - Taken by Monooboe. 17 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-D6207F995905CE88 - Taken by Creamium. 84 entrants total.

t1407055654z1.png

IIRC the problem is with the fact that game patches have to go through certification and some other stuff that Valve doesn't want to do, which is understandable given how frequently they patch and update their games. They probably thought at some point that they could skirt around that and MS/Sony said "lolno".

They could try and arrange a monthly schedule for those or something.

Hugstable

Banned
Welp I officially spent money on buying a Stat Trak FAMAS Doomkitty :3. Now I'm contemplating just spending more on an M4A1S Dark Water Stat Trak. Counter Strike what are you doing to me!?!?!

Just a repost for Speevy:

This is the same giveaway from earlier?

EDIT: NVM I see the timer now, got confused for a minute there haha.

Anteater

Damn it internet is down, and my d:\ where all my games are is dead

So I went and finished Alice Madness Returns.

The game is pretty fun with decent controls, although switching camera with the pepper grinder could be quicker, and I wish there are aerial attacks, the dodge is really responsive and quick, making the game a joy to play.

Platforming stays a bit the same through out, so did the combat, I think the enemies variety is decent enough but the game still overstays its welcome, the game is really good looking so it managed to keep my attention all the way to the end, and there isn't really much I find negative, there aren't really boss fights until the last chapter and there are a few minigames that they added to mix things up, but some of them aren't exactly interesting, so I think there are some pacing problems, it felt like they're trying to pad the game to reach a certain number of game time.

Checkpoints could be a bit weird, I remember having to go through some traps, fight a wave of enemies, died and it ended up making me redo all of those, so I equipped the health regen weapon and never looked back.

The controls are great, game is gorgeous looking with some good looking costumes and there are some texmods available on the net, game is a bit long, and the platforming is decent at best but I think it's good enough and worth your time if you want a platformer/action hybrid, since most are moving away from platforming and into action/auto platforming nowadays.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They could try and arrange a monthly schedule for those or something.

TF2 wouldn't run on the PS360 in its current state (supposedly), and patch certification isn't free (edit: unless you're an indie dev), however there's an argument to be made that Valve should at least patch the console versions of GO once to see if the support would spur enough renewed interest to make future patches viable.

JaseC

I don't even know if the PS360 versions have the arms deal update. or any of the post-launch maps.

I don't think the console versions have been patched at all, and for whatever reason it's clear at this point that game is never going to be available on PSN EU. I'm inclined to think that the issue there is on Sony's side as GO is available worldwide on XBLA and Steam.

Edit: If memory serves, there are no patch certification costs for the PS4 and X1 (although I believe any updates still need to be briefly tested by MS/Sony), so it'll be interesting to see how L4D3 fares.

aku:jiki

I now have no cards left to idle. I'm happy, but I also feel empty inside.

I don't even know if the PS360 versions have the arms deal update. or any of the post-launch maps.
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the 360 version is still basically the same game that came out 200 years ago with almost none of the improvements made since.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the 360 version is still basically the same game that came out 200 years ago with almost none of the improvements made since.
At 30fps. And the old fog that everyone complained about to death. Blech. Doesn't really matter to me since I already have it for PC, but that sucks for the people who want to play it on console.

TF2 wouldn't run on the PS360 in its current state (supposedly), and patch certification isn't free, however there's an argument to be made that Valve should at least patch the console versions of GO once to see if the support would spur enough renewed interest to make future patches viable.

But as I said I thought both MS and Sony changed their policy regarding patching and updates last year? That seems to be the sentiment on this site. Can anyone here confirm?

Edit: If memory serves, there are no patch certification costs for the PS4 and X1 (although I believe any updates still need to be briefly tested by MS/Sony), so it'll be interesting to see how L4D3 fares.

Yes, that should give us indication how things will go.

This is what's really shocking. Couldn't they really make a freaking Source game run at 60fps? I thought they were supposed to run on toasters. Are other Valve console games also 30fps?

This is what's really shocking. Couldn't they really make a freaking Source game run at 60fps? I thought they were supposed to run on toasters. Are other Valve console games also 30fps?
I think all their recent console games have been 30fps. To be fair, according to their numbers most PC players play it at 40~ fps anyway.

JaseC

But as I said I thought both MS and Sony changed their policy regarding patching and updates last year? That seems to be the sentiment on this site. Can anyone here confirm?

MS did, but not Sony.

Edit: Sony did also, but in both cases it's a courtesy extended to indie developers only, a banner which I imagine Valve wouldn't fall under.

Yes. There's no such thing as a 60fps Source game on consoles. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom