• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

I hope you do get better.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return
As a person wanting to get into medicine, good luck. You are a good person. I may have gotten teary eyed.

Ozium

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

that really sucks to hear.. :(
I hope everything goes well.. kind of shocked don't know what to say..

:(

Woohoo lost all 4. Only Divinity left

:(

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

:( :(

good luck man.

Javier23

Banned
(Off Topic)

Point of no return
I'm kinda new and I haven't spent much time here, but it's been enough to notice what a great dude you are. I'm wishing you the best.

Teppic

(Off Topic)

Point of no return
Damn. I wish you good luck.

Benedict

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

Wish you the best and hope everything works out, :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, Sniper Elite 3 has an achievement that requires you own all three Sniper Elite games. I think that's a first.

This achievement... It was made for you!

I wish you the best of luck.

yea tits is pretty alright

chapter 1 already

330x192

Finally an excuse to post this emote again, because it's the best emote :p

Shadownet

Banned
Thank you for all the well wishes everyone but please of you're going to quote me. At least do it without all the content. I don't want MRORANGE or Stump to get mad at me. Thank you!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Thank you for all the well wishes everyone but please of you're going to quote me. At least do it without all the content. I don't want MRORANGE or Stump to get mad at me. Thank you!
Come on! You have been such a good member and a push of us being a community rather than just a gaming thread. I'm sure they will find an exception.

I think that's noble, that you care for the want of others.

KiDdYoNe

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

Fuck.
You know that feeling in the belly, right? Can't read "spend some time with you"
without tears. You are strong and have a great attitude. Oh God.
Wish you only well.

tylerf

Still thinking about those future gifts during a time like this. What a guy you are Shadownet :p Best of luck to you with everything.

Lain

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

Best of luck with everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo rocket launcher just 1 shot Tetsuo-Salazar, I guess thats one way to kill him o_O

yo rocket launcher just 1 shot Tetsuo-Salazar, I guess thats one way to kill him o_O
Yeah, it's really handy to have one around there. It kinda just makes the fight one button press then a couple minutes looting the barrels and things before moving on. BTW, the next place you go to has the coolest combat music.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Driw3r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-C339E5F1F2A0FAA2 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.

t1407071734z1.png
And these are still available:

Bioshock -- MB-CC8A8F5F0A9CA470 - Taken by Axass. 2 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 DLC -- MB-6AA0E25A4952E2E6 - Taken by ctw0e
Redshirt -- MB-3AD2A946720AA73C - Taken by Sub Zero. 4 entrants total.
Legends of Dawn -- MB-0CC661C5333E88E1 - Taken by Lomax. 5 entrants total.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, it's really handy to have one around there. It kinda just makes the fight one button press then a couple minutes looting the barrels and things before moving on. BTW, the next place you go to has the coolest combat music.

sooooooo... should I just buy another one for another boss or what? o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I remember being disappointed in Resident Evil 2 when I killed the final boss with a single rocket. I'm assuming that Capcom had intended for the ammo to have been used before that point, but 10-year-old me had other plans.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Deitus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-B760BCC3E83674FC - Taken by PriitV. 80 entrants total.

t1407104673z1.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
btw fuck Gundemonium :')

I get through all the stages on novice easily now, but I've tried different loadouts and the final boss is insane. I thought I was at the last phase, but I've checked YT and there are like 4 more after... At this point I think I may be missing something important in the mechanics, it's hard as hell.

like 25 effin lifebars

maybe I should copy the loadout of this guy

Sendou

So does any Steam pro know if the are any indicators that Steam Music would eventually work with the games? What I mean with this is that for example when playing a game similiar to GTA you could select "Steam" radio station and then have it play your own music you have imported to Steam. In addition importing music to games like Crypt of Necrodancer and Audiosurf would become easier. Of course it's up to devs but I wonder if Valve plans on supporting something like this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So does any Steam pro know if the are any indicators that Steam Music would eventually work with the games? What I mean with this is that for example when playing a game similiar to GTA you could select "Steam" radio station and then have it play your own music you have imported to Steam. In addition importing music to games like Crypt of Necrodancer and Audiosurf would become easier. Of course it's up to devs but I wonder if Valve plans on supporting something like this.

No, but it'd be a fairly easy thing to do, although arguably not worth the effort since the amount of games that would actually benefit from such integration are few and far between.

Dingotech

Exactly what I did on my recent playthrough, I'd even forgotten that it worked, but I just had a rocket launcher sitting around so figured he was as good as any target. XD

oipic

Have anyone tried Marvel Heroes? The free to play game. How is it?

I installed Marvel Heroes a few weeks ago, but still haven't tried it for some reason - there are some folks on my friends list (whose opinions and gaming choices I respect greatly) who have hundreds of hours played... so it must have something going for it.

What's the learning curve like for beginners, gang? I assume it's relatively friendly for those just starting out?

AsylumX

Thank you guys :)

On to something a bit more on topic. Have anyone tried Marvel Heroes? The free to play game. How is it?

The game is good. It's just like D2 or PoE, if you like those games and Marvel characters you would love this game. The f2p aspect of the game isn't p2w, so that's good.

I installed Marvel Heroes a few weeks ago, but still haven't tried it for some reason - there are some folks on my friends list (whose opinions and gaming choices I respect greatly) who have hundreds of hours played... so it must have something going for it.

What's the learning curve like for beginners, gang? I assume it's relatively friendly for those just starting out?

If you've played any ARPG before (Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile, etc.) then it's very friendly for beginners. If you haven't, it's slightly more difficult. I once played it with a friend who didn't know squat about ARPGs and who didn't enjoy the experience much: complaints about inability to use WASD, using the mouse to both walk and perform the basic attack, didn't know about holding down the button to perform repeated attacks, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom