• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I installed Marvel Heroes a few weeks ago, but still haven't tried it for some reason - there are some folks on my friends list (whose opinions and gaming choices I respect greatly) who have hundreds of hours played... so it must have something going for it.

What's the learning curve like for beginners, gang? I assume it's relatively friendly for those just starting out?

The game is good. It's just like D2 or PoE, if you like those games and Marvel characters you would love this game. The f2p aspect of the game isn't p2w, so that's good.

Sounds like it can't be half bad. I used to play DC Universe Online. The powers and customization are great but the gameplay leave much to be desired. It got repetitive real fast. I did really enjoy the whole create your own heroes thing though. One of my favorite games is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. So I might enjoy this MMO if it is anytbing like MUA.

I played a couple hours of Firefall tonight. I did my first raid against a boss called kanalau or something. I am starting to think this game is really promising. I enjoyed it even though we didn't down him. Did a handful of other instanced missions. I really like the structure. They don't take forever but they were still challenging because of hardcore mode.

Here is the trailer for the raid boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcYCm8bLTRU

edit:
Also friend me in game, my name is ichigo

Sounds like it can't be half bad. I used to play DC Universe Online. The powers and customization are great but the gameplay leave much to be desired. It got repetitive real fast. I did really enjoy the whole create your own heroes thing though. One of my favorite games is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. So I might enjoy this MMO if it is anytbing like MUA.

Don't go in expecting MUA and you'll enjoy it. I can't begin to count the number of people who complained about this game in beta because they were expecting MUA.

Ban Puncher

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

GOoD2xK.gif

Good luck, mate.

Catch you on Monday evening.

Volimar

You don't really get to create your own hero though. You pick from a roster of existing heroes, and can get more as you play.

I'm in GAF's Supergroup. Here's the GAF thread on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=123790820

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

Good luck, Shadownet. I hope that we'll see you back on here soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man there are A LOT of enemies on this island level >_>

Shadownet

Banned
I played a couple hours of Firefall tonight. I did my first raid against a boss called kanalau or something. I am starting to think this game is really promising. I enjoyed it even though we didn't down him. Did a handful of other instanced missions. I really like the structure. They don't take forever but they were still challenging because of hardcore mode.

Thanks for the quick impression! That game is on my "to check out" list. Glad that it'd showing some promises. How many level of difficulties does it have? And I'm assuming you played on hardcore mode which was the hardest one?
-----------------

Shadownet

Banned
So yesterday at work, I found a PS3 Steelbook for Dark Souls II that include the full soundtrack CD. If you want it, and if you win. I'll mail it to you. US only please :) I never really ship outside the US before.

No game are included, just a steelbook and the soundtrack CD.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steelbook. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

500x1000px-LL-1ce94880_darksoulssteelbook030.jpeg

Dark Souls II Steelbook with Soundtrack CD (no game) -- MB-79044A7D3F408CF1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.

t1407064174z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
goddamn it cant afford this tactical vest, damn me and always upgrading my weapons :(

zkylon

zkylewd
but but but but the pretty pictures...

and you can hug that box

like i may or may not do to my new vegas ce box as i tenderly whisper to its ear

Shadownet

Banned
but but but but the pretty pictures...

and you can hug that box

like i may or may not do to my new vegas ce box as i tenderly whisper to its ear

You should enter if you want it :3 but be warn. I may or may not include a picture of the cutest anime spider in the steelbook. :p I'll be waiting to hear your blood curling scream from across the US. Lol

zkylon

zkylewd
you're cute but i don't live in the us

Cases are for storing physical CD keys, nothing more. ;)
yea i figured that out later as i usually do (8 am, i should really go to bed) but i wanted to out my passion time with new vegas ce box

new vegas ce box rules

comes with the platinum chip and you can be all like THE POWER OF HOOVER DAM IN THE PALM OF MY HANDS

i love you new vegas ce

Rhaknar

hey here's the famous regenerator(s), great >_> any tips before I waste all my ammo on it?

edit: and im dead lol

zkylon

zkylewd
counterstrike is still counterstrike right?

like i walk two steps and a ninja crouching jumping ct no scope snipes me from half the map while i'm admiring how my guy fidgets with his knife

Pretty sure whatever artbook that DS box comes with features artworks of spider enemies in the game.
i've beaten dks2 3 times already and used a couple of them respawning thingies on spidercove

i'm over all of dem bitches

plus i already have the digital artbook :3

aechris

Here are a few keys, I'm not sure if they work or not so use 'em up.

Oil Rush
HIGTN6DGF7RSENSI

Serious Sam Double D
GZDH6-CMZFT-4ZHPF

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
QC9VH-EL2ZA-80L7Z

zkylon

zkylewd
sucks

we used to play lots of cs at lunch hour at my old job and since we were all shit at it that was pretty fun

but i remember playing like 5 minutes of cs source online and not feeling too good about it

ok now imma really sleepy

i love sleeping at this hour when they do like reruns of old as fuck shows like newsradio. newsradio was dope

_hekk05

Banned
Here are a few keys, I'm not sure if they work or not so use 'em up.

Oil Rush
HIGTN6DGF7RSENSI

Serious Sam Double D
GZDH6-CMZFT-4ZHPF

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
QC9VH-EL2ZA-80L7Z

I picked up oil rush. Thanks

Are the bots sleeping? Its been 6 minutes

neoemonk

sucks

we used to play lots of cs at lunch hour at my old job and since we were all shit at it that was pretty fun

but i remember playing like 5 minutes of cs source online and not feeling too good about it

This is almost every online game ever for me. I'm the local champ among my friends then I go online and get swatted like a fly.

Dr Dogg

goddamn it cant afford this tactical vest, damn me and always upgrading my weapons :(

How do you never have any money? You are selling and combining treasures you pick up right? Making sure you look behind every painting of Saddler right? Shooting all the shiny things in the environment? I'm always flowing with cash, though sometimes I have to make a decission when to take an upgrade or not but the only real time I ever run out of cash is at the end of chapter 4.

Here's my inventory from the mid point of 4-1 (by the bridge just before the room with the
two Wolverines
hence the rocket launcher still there). though you could use the launcher of the Novistador nest and made it rain red, green and maybe blue shards.

I've got all that junk, pleanty of ammo, almost 34,000 potatoes and a whole host of tresure to sell to the creepy merchant next time I see him.

Here's my almost end of 5-4 save right by the
Iron Maidens
and just before
Saddler

At this point I have every weapon I want, all upgraded, health items coming out my arse, stocks and stocks of ammo and still almost have 45,000 potatoes and more treasure to sell off.

Rhaknar

man these Regenerators aint shit when you get the infra red scope!

also, do you even get poisoned at all in this game? the yellow herbs seem like a strange left over from RE 1-3 when you did get poison, but here I havent really seen a use for them

Diedac

enjoy

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-B1300199154FBD74 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Bardbarian -- MB-5E8D0134B4936B2B - Taken by Double

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
also, do you even get poisoned at all in this game? the yellow herbs seem like a strange left over from RE 1-3 when you did get poison, but here I havent really seen a use for them

yellow herbs are there to increase your life bar, have nothing to do with poison :)

Dr Dogg

Hahahaha bloody hell Rhaknar. They permanently increase either Leon's or Ashley's health. You have to combine the Yellow ones with either a Green or Green and Red herb mix up to work but you get a tiny bit extra health each one you chomp down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm surprised that RE4 wasn't refused classification in Australia for incentivising drug use.

C4rter

I did it! Or Idle Master did it! But I'm officially out of games with drops.

The Badges Page still says:
17 card drops remaining
1 games with drops remaining

But there are no Games left. Don't know why it would say this.
What a great feeling. Now just selling the last 40 cards in the market.

Rhaknar

Hahahaha bloody hell Rhaknar. They permanently increase either Leon's or Ashley's health. You have to combine the Yellow ones with either a Green or Green and Red herb mix up to work but you get a tiny bit extra health each one you chomp down.

oh so THATS why my health bar keeps increasing, I thought it was just a level progress thing. And nowhere in the game that I saw does it say thats what they do, can you blame me? They used to be for poison in 1-3 / code veronica

Tizoc

Git gud! Maybe?

---

I'm loving Yaiba, but those platforming parkour jumping around sections can be frustrating sometimes. Although when you pull them off it's really cool.

Look at me die many times on one of those parts.
http://a.pomf.se/xbblvq.webm

Just don't rush them and you should be OK.
Surprised of the number of GAFfers enjoying Yaiba, where were you cheap shmucks months ago?

kami_sama

Some keys I had lying around:
ModBot said:
Instructions for kami_sama:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kami_sama, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-D0D2ABE3E073339C - Taken by wagamer
FEZ -- MB-81CAA72E754F27BB - Taken by salazar547
Antichamber -- MB-40DE09BF783D70AB - Taken by Capt.Haddock

Wok

I did it! Or Idle Master did it! But I'm officially out of games with drops.

The Badges Page still says:

But there are no Games left. Don't know why it would say this.
What a great feeling. Now just selling the last 40 cards in the market.

Why page is it?

Rhaknar

ningen where were you when i was getting stuck in a puzzle on blackbay yesterday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom