• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I'm loving Yaiba, but those platforming parkour jumping around sections can be frustrating sometimes. Although when you pull them off it's really cool.

Look at me die many times on one of those parts.
http://a.pomf.se/xbblvq.webm
The animations are so stilted and janky, it's not really that cool even if it works.

Prince of Persia 2008 did very similar sequences but looked much better and stylish doing it, and that game came out 6 years prior. There's really no excuse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Probably sleeping, I would have helped you :(

How far along are you in the game? Is as good as the first levels?

oh you missed chapter 3 lol. the game is now first person for no apparent reason, and its like full blown horror too, i dont know what the fuck is going on. I got stuck on a puzzle and called it, then I saw nthe solution and I was SO close, pissed me off

ill set up the stream in a few minutes, keep the train rolling, give me a excuse to finish it really

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fist of Awesome -- MB-9127BB0A75325EA7 - Taken by Pudge. 14 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-CFB616926FCC87D1 - Taken by Catshade. 40 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-A2F6643297B22330 - Taken by $h@d0w. 65 entrants total.
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-58174EE85A637D6B - Taken by StrangeTaco. 97 entrants total.
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z -- MB-692DFED428882749 - Taken by KainXVIII. 59 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-C954BFC487671A77 - Taken by darkchewie. 16 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-E3332DFC797DA64F - Taken by Perun. 15 entrants total.
Next Car Game -- MB-73D71EBA34289F0A - Taken by Milamber. 47 entrants total.
Payday 2 -- MB-5089A3080696DA97 - Taken by BruteUA. 36 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-993D99A63D780CEF - Taken by Ventara. 61 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-69BD0BCF8F770C30 - Taken by Relax.MX. 42 entrants total.

t1407080135z1.png
Get well soon, Shadownet.

Oh yeah, I got 3 hours of SSFIV Arcade Edition Turbo Uber Edition behind me right now and I gotta say that it's very fun to play a beat em up again, my last time was with Tekken 5! I think. Furious button smashing advanced tactics in Versus vs the GF = good times.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

A little late, but I hope you pull through.

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

I wish you the best.

RS4-

Thank you guys :)

On to something a bit more on topic. Have anyone tried Marvel Heroes? The free to play game. How is it?

I played it for a few hours when it was initially released on steam and it was...yeah. They didn't have item stacking so inventory space was just a trainwreck. Hero prices were (still?) ridiculous.

I sort of want to give it a shot again though.

Good luck and speedy recovery! Everyone here at GAF wishes you the best.

The_Monk

My dear fellow GAFfers...!

iKtU5kE.gif

How I miss you all, it's been almost a month since the last time I played a game on Steam and I really miss hanging around in here but things are harsh and time has not been kind.
;_;
I got an invite to NeoGAF Games Night and, of course, I accepted. To the very kind soul who had me in his/her memory, thank you very much.

Still have the last episode of The Wolf Among Us to play, the 4th one from The Walking Dead too and Abyss Odyssey to try, I need to catch up a lot. I have no idea how many bundles I missed in the last month or so, good ones or bad ones, haven't even checked those e-mails with notifications from them. As always you can always hit me up via PM if you ever need help with something or if you need to talk or just want to vent/rant/someone to talk to :)

I really, really miss you all. :(

Tizoc

Damn Monk, where ya been brah, it's true haven't seen you around unless you post when I'm asleep haha.
Get on that Idle Master mang, and join in the club, it's that new drughotness!

Dascu

(Off Topic)

Point of no return

I've known people that have gone through similar things, and it worked out well.

Hang in there, keep up hope and save some cash for the Steam Christmas sale.

pahamrick

iKtU5kE.gif

How I miss you all, it's been almost a month since the last time I played a game on Steam and I really miss hanging around in here but things are harsh and time has not been kind.
;_;
I got an invite to NeoGAF Games Night and, of course, I accepted. To the very kind soul who had me in his/her memory, thank you very much.

Still have the last episode of The Wolf Among Us to play, the 4th one from The Walking Dead too and Abyss Odyssey to try, I need to catch up a lot. I have no idea how many bundles I missed in the last month or so, good ones or bad ones, haven't even checked those e-mails with notifications from them. As always you can always hit me up via PM if you ever need help with something or if you need to talk or just want to vent/rant/someone to talk to :)

I really, really miss you all. :(

Welcome back Monk! Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the finale of The Wolf Among Us.

The_Monk we missed you too, glad to see you are ok, hope you visit us more frequently.

Be glad you missed alpacalypse thou, dark times on steamgaf.

Yakkue

Welcome back Monk, you've been missed!

---
I just got a strange quest in Trails:
"Hey, I need you to break in these new shoes. Please just walk around a lot!"

Mokoi

Banned
Just don't rush them and you should be OK.
Surprised of the number of GAFfers enjoying Yaiba, where were you cheap shmucks months ago?

Yeah, but I like to go fast on those parts. It's kind jarring when you have to slow down when the game is kind of hype all the time.

The animations are so stilted and janky, it's not really that cool even if it works.

Prince of Persia 2008 did very similar sequences but looked much better and stylish doing it, and that game came out 6 years prior. There's really no excuse.

Ehh well my standards are low, and I'm having too much fun to notice. Also hater!

Cool looks very spooky.

PriitV

Something something, i'm really digging this game, listening to Ready Player One on audiobook and potting balls.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pool Nation -- MB-08741D9682CCAE4D - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1407071675z1.png

The_Monk

Damn Monk, where ya been brah, it's true haven't seen you around unless you post when I'm asleep haha.
Get on that Idle Master mang, and join in the club, it's that new drughotness!

I have no idea what this is, I guess I'm way behind on... well, everything.

And we miss you too, go finish TWAU first :)

Thanks Atraveller It's on my Top priority list indeed.

Welcome back Monk! Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the finale of The Wolf Among Us.

I can't wait to know my own thoughts as well, hehe, I just need some little time and zen to get back to my backlog cleaning.

The_Monk we missed you too, glad to see you are ok, hope you visit us more frequently.

Be glad you missed alpacalypse thou, dark times on steamgaf.

Dark times on SteamGAF? I hope it was nothing serious... :(

Welcome back Monk, you've been missed!

Thanks everyone, I admit, it's such a great feeling to be able to take some time to make a simple post and see such friendly and "old" faces from this fine community still around. I know it must be lame to say this but I really miss all of you, still do. I just need more time at the moment but I'll do my best to keep it up.

Hugstable

Banned
Gaffers started posting lots of alpaca gifs, and thread went into hyperdrive, was impossible to follow the thread. It was not serious, just annoying ;)

heh yeah... that night was certainly something. I was the only person with an Alpaca avatar til that day, then everything was Paca! After that and the few Waifu craze nights it's not been bad at all recently though. Been a few days since I remember the last massive .gif and pic quote a thon lol. Last one I think was the Pregnant Batman o_O

Edit: I laughed at all the High Scores for the minigame in Blackbay Asylum with the top 3 being named Ass. it's way too early for me, I should've gotten some sleep, Damn CS:GO :D

sprinkles

Promise to myself: get rid of spares early so I don't forget a bunch of them for months!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sprinkles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Q.U.B.E. -- MB-5BA407B88379512E - Taken by Sendou. 2 entrants total.
Strike Suit Infinity -- MB-7FC2498B9899AD6C - Taken by Drillow. 2 entrants total.

t1407072335z1.png

So I stare at my Steam Library and try to decide what to play but I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I haven't played yet, and then I go back to dota.

Anyone else have this problem?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, that was amusing. I just had my very first internet connectivity issue that was fixed by simply restarting the router. For whatever reason I could only connect to my nominated DNS server, Steam's log-in server, and the Steam Friends server -- everything else, including Steam Community in general, would just time out.

So I stare at my Steam Library and try to decide what to play but I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I haven't played yet, and then I go back to dota.

Let the internet decide for you.

Hugstable

Banned

All the time, I tell myself I'm gonna complete alot out of my backlog, then I go on to play 4 hours of CS:GO a day -___-

Zarx

Ahh yes, the paradox of choice, I know that very well. In fact I am looking at mine right now.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
My first Modbot giveaway, hope this works!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kiriku, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Residue: Final Cut #1 -- MB-6FA6522786FAF1B9 - Taken by Tizoc
Residue: Final Cut #3 -- MB-3F340973329A55E7 - Taken by swx
Residue: Final Cut #2 -- MB-6B3253E010AE33D2 - Taken by Kifimbo
Residue: Final Cut #5 -- MB-A6D04FC727413B96 - Taken by Casimir
Residue: Final Cut #4 -- MB-A6C999E060EA0305 - Taken by Asharakk

Just wanted to mention, I'm one of the devs (the sound designer) behind this game. It was released on Steam a few days ago, so I thought it would be nice to hand out a few Steam codes here on NeoGAF.
Did the same thing with our previous game They Breathe a couple of months back, if anyone remembers. Residue is very different from They Breathe in certain ways though. It's focused more on dialogue and story with some platforming and three different characters you switch between, and set in the dried out Aral Sea. The game is about 3 hours long.
Anyone, good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

Dr Dogg

Why oh why oh why oh why do some devs feels it's necessary to ignore resolutions higher than 1920x1080 exist. So Tranistor right only has 'support' for resolutions up to 1920x1080 in the in game config settings but you can input arbitrary resolutions as a launch option and if you have it set as a system resolution it will render. But why can't they just query the bloody thing and see what my system has available like 95% of games in the last 2 decades. Urgh well rant (semi) over but the reason why is because a representative from Supergiant said the backdrops and sprites are hand painted and gear towards a 1920x1080 display. Now for a monitor that has a higher resolution than that it's going to blur the shit out of them and destroy the subtle detail in the environments and characters. More to the point increasing the resolution isn't going to degrade the quality unlike displaying at a lower one than your monitors natively displays at like what they have implemented.

So case in point here's Exhibit A and Exhibit B. The first is a 1920x1080 native captured screenshot while Exhibit B is a screenshot captured at 2540x1440 and then resampled to 1920x1080 in Photoshop using Bicubic Sharper.
Exhibit A
14794411276_8ccbfe5ec2_o.png

Exhibit B
14630865187_96fd1a7929_o.png

And just to make things easier for comparison here's both which will swap on mouse over. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/86319

A native 2560x1440 image looks cleaner and more defined than both of those but the downsampled image has more detail than the 1920x1080 native one. I worry what's going to happen when 8k, 240hz monitors are all the rage in the enthusiast market.

P.S. Oh yeah due to how the environment art is created 21:9 resolutions end up windowboxing the image (bars top and bottom). 21:9 is quite well supported now but still needs a kick up the arse to get it front and centre.

Good to have you back dude. Um no ah what I meant was welcome back fellow GAFfer ;)

Jawmuncher

Oh yeah, I got 3 hours of SSFIV Arcade Edition Turbo Uber Edition behind me right now and I gotta say that it's very fun to play a beat em up again, my last time was with Tekken 5! I think. Furious button smashing advanced tactics in Versus vs the GF = good times.

I wonder how many others call fighting games beat em ups. I've heard it before. Not like its necessarily wrong you are just beating up dudes.

Well, that was amusing. I just had my very first internet connectivity issue that was fixed by simply restarting the router. For whatever reason I could only connect to my nominated DNS server, Steam's log-in server, and the Steam Friends server -- everything else, including Steam Community in general, would just time out.

Let the internet decide for you.

Alright just spun the wheel and got blade symphony.

Lets check it out.

Tizoc

My first Modbot giveaway, hope this works!

Just wanted to mention, I'm one of the devs (the sound designer) behind this game. It was released on Steam a few days ago, so I thought it would be nice to hand out a few Steam codes here on NeoGAF.
Did the same thing with our previous game They Breathe a couple of months back, if anyone remembers. Residue is very different from They Breathe in certain ways though. It's focused more on dialogue and story with some platforming and three different characters you switch between, and set in the dried out Aral Sea. The game is about 3 hours long.
Anyone, good luck and I hope you enjoy it!
w00t I won #1! Thanks mate I have this on my wishlist, was gonna buy it in a few days but thanks for the giveaway! I entered 2 or 3 more so if I end up as the winner of those I'll PM you, just keep code #1 for me =)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
w00t I won #1! Thanks mate I have this on my wishlist, was gonna buy it in a few days but thanks for the giveaway! I entered 2 or 3 more so if I end up as the winner of those I'll PM you, just keep code #1 for me =)

Sure thing! Really glad to hear you were interested beforehand, hope you like it!

Kifimbo

A little something:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-22417B2F68BDBA93 - Taken by Perun. 3 entrants total.

t1407073595z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom