• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

I'm still new and getting to know you guys, but you seem like a great dude and seriously wish you nothing but the best of luck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that was fun :p thanks for those that watched, actually missed a football match I wanted to watch because of that, fucking puzzles are hard man, they well done tho, kinda impressed.

what a strange game, Its kinda shitty but I cant help but enjoy it lol

edit: ack wtf my mic wasnt transmitting...what a fucking waste :(

oipic

I really, really miss you all. :(

As we miss you, dear Monk - SteamGAF has sorely missed your calming presence on a few occasions in recent weeks. I hope things settle down in your world, and that we'll see a lot more of you soon - let's hope you have the chance to get stuck into some gaming, too! :)

Milamber

that was fun :p thanks for those that watched, actually missed a football match I wanted to watch because of that, fucking puzzles are hard man, they well done tho, kinda impressed.

Everything is more fun when you are being watched.

Kifimbo

My first Modbot giveaway, hope this works!

Just wanted to mention, I'm one of the devs (the sound designer) behind this game. It was released on Steam a few days ago, so I thought it would be nice to hand out a few Steam codes here on NeoGAF.
Did the same thing with our previous game They Breathe a couple of months back, if anyone remembers. Residue is very different from They Breathe in certain ways though. It's focused more on dialogue and story with some platforming and three different characters you switch between, and set in the dried out Aral Sea. The game is about 3 hours long.
Anyone, good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for this! Good luck with the launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of new spares plus some stragglers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-D28D08DA10824C84 - Taken by drakaenae
Chip -- MB-3DD8CCC558C0DF17 - Taken by Mikaju
Total War: Rome II: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-F4940ABB2F338344
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-F46580FE07839773 - Taken by Asharakk
Skyward Collapse -- MB-28B45C924671A51A - Taken by kami_sama
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-0BA8B79327F7666E - Taken by Cozmogramma
Numba Deluxe -- MB-F576C7A89091F1C8 - Taken by bobnowhere

Mokoi

Banned

Ohh you were supposed to be speaking, but still not a waste though. It was fun watching you play. Also figure those puzzles out dammit!

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah those puzzles get really deep from what I've seen and takes awhile to figure some out with their cryptic answers. And it wasn't that much of a waste, I didn't even realize you were trying to use your mic still haha!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ohh you were supposed to be speaking, but still not a waste though. Also figure those puzzles out dammit!

I plugged the mic after OBS was already running, think thats why. I kept replying to you too from the chat lol

damn it

Ban Puncher

Everything is more fun when you are being watched.

agvS2fZ.gif

Jawmuncher

Good Luck Shadownet hope all goes well.

------------
All this anime watching when we know kill la kill lady satsuki wins it with those eye brows.

Perun

some extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Thief Gold -- MB-A8193E8922578417 - Taken by oldmario
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-7D33A54C0887BE39 - Taken by cardinalmind

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My dear fellow GAFfers...!

iKtU5kE.gif

How I miss you all, it's been almost a month since the last time I played a game on Steam and I really miss hanging around in here but things are harsh and time has not been kind.
;_;
I got an invite to NeoGAF Games Night and, of course, I accepted. To the very kind soul who had me in his/her memory, thank you very much.

Still have the last episode of The Wolf Among Us to play, the 4th one from The Walking Dead too and Abyss Odyssey to try, I need to catch up a lot. I have no idea how many bundles I missed in the last month or so, good ones or bad ones, haven't even checked those e-mails with notifications from them. As always you can always hit me up via PM if you ever need help with something or if you need to talk or just want to vent/rant/someone to talk to :)

I really, really miss you all. :(
Monk, I sincerely hope everything goes well for you. You've been missed here, so it's nice to see you posting again. If you ever need anything, remember you can always ask via PM or Steam chat too. I'm willing to listen, and I'm sure many other fine folks are too.

Good to have you back, buddy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Were/are you a mod? I know you make these threads but I see you backseat modding more than just posting as a regular.

No, he's never been a mod. If he does become one at some point, though, he should change his name to MRRED. :p

Strider

So I stare at my Steam Library and try to decide what to play but I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I haven't played yet, and then I go back to dota.

Anyone else have this problem?

Definitely have this problem at times and I don't even have near as many games as some other people. Sometimes I take so long to pick something I just never play anything at all...

I have been neglecting my gaming PC for a while now, Been busy with some RL Stuffs, I'm still trying to play the games but they are in the backburner for now. Graduation before games.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Was Ikaruga put on a sale recently? Been eyeing that for a while now though I'm not in the rush to buy it since I'm busy.
Thanks in Advance!

Jawmuncher

For those looking to get on some SF4Ultra the upgrade (if you own arcade) or the full version if you own nothing is 25% off on GMG.

Was probably already posted but we need as many people as possible to get on SF4U when it comes out.

Use this voucher for 25% off during checkout for your discount:
WAT399-HZSWBT-IWXJWB

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Full): http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv/
Ultra Street Fighter IV (Upgrade): http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upgrade/

For those looking to get on some SF4Ultra the upgrade (if you own arcade) or the full version if you own nothing is 25% off on GMG.

Was probably already posted but we need as many people as possible to get on SF4U when it comes out.

Use this voucher for 25% off during checkout for your discount:
WAT399-HZSWBT-IWXJWB

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Full): http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv/
Ultra Street Fighter IV (Upgrade): http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upgrade/

I'm totally playing Ultra SF IV at launch.
But only in single-player.

Madridy

Finished Thomas Was Alone, Lovely game, but kinda easy.

Really like the different characters and how you have to plan your solution for few of the puzzles at least. The Soundtrack is ACE and the narrating is well done. But what about the story, didn't get it at all. (maybe because I've been awake for 30+hrs!) ;b

I'll probably start VVVVVV or The Swapper next.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I stare at my Steam Library and try to decide what to play but I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I haven't played yet, and then I go back to dota.

Anyone else have this problem?
All the time. Sooner or later you'll find something that hooks you (Ys 1 did the trick for me last time) or you may want to take a break from gaming for a while. Or you can keep playing Dota, if you are enjoying it and not sacrificing other aspects of your life for it (like some people do with MMORPGs, and I myself did for a little bit with WoW, barely sleeping at times and not studying for school).

You may want to try a short nice game, like Thomas Was Alone, Bit.Trip Flux (or Runner 1 or 2) or, as I just said, Ys 1. The TellTale Sam & Max games are pretty short too (less than 3 hours per episode, at least for the first season) and are high on the humor and funny scales, so if you want to laugh I can recommend those.

Game looks extremely promising, does it have a lot of players yet?

It is basically in the stage which can be compared to minecraft creative mode.There is multiplayer survival which is extremely buggy.But it is getting weekly update and it is getting there.If you want to build stuff then buy it and if you are looking for something like minecraft survival then wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom