• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Thomas Was Alone, Lovely game, but kinda easy.

Really like the different characters and how you have to plan your solution for few of the puzzles at least. The Soundtrack is ACE and the narrating is well done. But what about the story, didn't get it at all. (maybe because I've been awake for 30+hrs!) ;b

I'll probably start VVVVVV or The Swapper next.

Agree, Thomas Was Alone is a wonderful game. Can't get enough of that soundtrack.

Do VVVVVV next. You've already done some platforming and now it's time to step it up a bit (and good luck getting all those trinkets).

You can try to win it here.

Entered. But I won't be salty if I don't win. Good things will eventually come to the patient.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
That tom clancy free weekend is tempting me though. Gonna resist playing it though since I tend to get sucked into play that instead of studying.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Fuzzification, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-E3332DFC797DA64F - Taken by Perun. 15 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-A2F6643297B22330 - Taken by $h@d0w. 65 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-993D99A63D780CEF - Taken by Ventara. 61 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-CFB616926FCC87D1 - Taken by Catshade. 40 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-69BD0BCF8F770C30 - Taken by Relax.MX. 42 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z -- MB-692DFED428882749 - Taken by KainXVIII. 59 entrants total.
Payday 2 -- MB-5089A3080696DA97 - Taken by BruteUA. 36 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-C954BFC487671A77 - Taken by darkchewie. 16 entrants total.
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-58174EE85A637D6B - Taken by StrangeTaco. 97 entrants total.
Next Car Game -- MB-73D71EBA34289F0A - Taken by Milamber. 47 entrants total.
Fist of Awesome -- MB-9127BB0A75325EA7 - Taken by Pudge. 14 entrants total.

t1407080135z1.png

Ryne

Just bought Yaiba for 16 yesterday, oh well. Nice giveaway there.

TiTS is just as daunting as it seems, I'm trying to not miss anything however it is hard to talk to every NPC out there and I'm only in the prologue!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
(Off Topic
We're going to play some L4D2 with you next Monday, buddy. You can do this, you can. I wish you all the best, but you can be strong and beat this motherfucker of a final boss. We'll be here waiting for your triumphant return, Shadow.

Best of luck. We will all be cheering for you :)

chixdiggit

It'd be less annoying than backseat modding.

poor mr.orange, fighting an unwinnable battle, nobody gives a fuck dude

I'm with Mr. Orange on this. Steam threads have become unbearable for me. I want to read about Steam related stuff, not wade through a bunch of fluff about personal problems and "We miss you" posts. Shit like that is what the personal messages and off-topic forum is for.

_hekk05

Banned
We're going to play some L4D2 with you next Monday, buddy. You can do this, you can. I wish you all the best, but you can be strong and beat this motherfucker of a final boss. We'll be here waiting for your triumphant return, Shadow.

Best of luck. We will all be cheering for you :)

Tuesday. Gotta let him sleep off the anaesthetic

Enco

I can see both sides of the off topic/no off topic argument.

The off topic stuff keeps this thread active and alive. It wouldn't be as busy without it. However, sometimes it's more fun to just read about the games.

Outlawing off topic chat wouldn't be a good idea though. This is a community. 90% of the talk should be about games but if someone has some big personal news then I think sharing it is perfectly fine. It's all part of being a good community.

The off topic stuff keeps this thread active and alive. It wouldn't be as busy without it. However, sometimes it's more fun to just read about the games.

Outlawing off topic chat wouldn't be a good idea though. This is a community. 90% of the talk should be about games but if someone has some big personal news then I think sharing it is perfectly fine. It's all part of being a good community.

Normally threads with off-topic get send to Community. I guess a community will work in the community section. :p

The_Monk

I'm with Mr. Orange on this. Steam threads have become unbearable for me. I want to read about Steam related stuff, not wade through a bunch of fluff about personal problems and "We miss you" posts. Shit like that is what the personal messages and off-topic forum is for.

On my behalf, I apologize for writing such post.

I've been away almost one month from posting (due the lack of time and other things) and away from even playing Steam games and just wanted to check things with some great GAFfers I truly care and like. I'll refrain from such things in the future if they are offensive or bother many others. Carry on.

Vuze

I'm very late but all the best, Shadownet!

In more positive news: Great giveaway, Fuzzification!

Also, obligatory Mind: Path to Thalamus advertisement since the game is getting more and more trippy as I progress.
You should definitely buy it once it hits in about two days or atleast wishlist it if you're into first person puzzlers with focus on atmosphere and story.
Game looks stunning, I wish I could remove the vignette effect for tiled screenshots but no dice so far. GeDoSaTo also doesn't seem to work :( Maybe our GAF screenshot gurus will come up with a solution, it's definitely wallpaper-worthy.

quality over quantity though

StAidan

Finished Bastion last night, it took me a while to warm up to the game but I ended up having pretty good fun with it. I'll write up something more detailed to post soon.

(Off Topic)

You're approaching this situation with a great attitude man, wish you the best. Good luck.

Parsnip

All the RE4 talk from earlier is really making me want to jump in. But I also want to wait for the fan HD patch. Damn it.

oh so THATS why my health bar keeps increasing, I thought it was just a level progress thing. And nowhere in the game that I saw does it say thats what they do, can you blame me? They used to be for poison in 1-3 / code veronica
Yellow herbs are not blue herbs.

:)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Threads get sent there to die bro.

A community Steam thread for off topic talk would fail miserably.

A Steam thread in Community that exists purely for off-topic discussion wouldn't work, anyway, because the topics have nothing to do with Steam. HaloGAF is one of the oldest cliques on GAF yet by and large the discussion in those threads is Halo/Bungie-related, for example. The general Steam threads remain in Gaming because they chiefly function as news/help threads, but if at some point a move to Community is deemed appropriate, then it'll be a package deal -- the "good" will have to go with the "bad".

kudoboi

Also, obligatory Mind: Path to Thalamus advertisement since the game is getting more and more trippy as I progress.
You should definitely buy it once it hits in about two days or atleast wishlist it if you're into first person puzzlers with focus on atmosphere and story.
Game looks stunning, I wish I could remove the vignette effect for tiled screenshots but no dice so far. GeDoSaTo also doesn't seem to work :( Maybe our GAF screenshot gurus will come up with a solution, it's definitely wallpaper-worthy.

wait how are you playing it already? the game isn't released yet

Jawmuncher

Further research suggests:

If that's true lili and orange juice for me.
Even though I have orange juice everyone should be able to play that.

On my behalf, I apologize for writing such post.

I've been away almost one month from posting (due the lack of time and other things) and away from even playing Steam games and just wanted to check things with some great GAFfers I truly care and like. I'll refrain from such things in the future if they are offensive or bother many others. Carry on.

You just caught the steam thread at a bad time. It's been a issue the entire time you have been gone and has gotten a bit overboard on both sides. I can understand not wanting llamas and waifus filling up the thread with no real discussion but actual Off topic posts such as yours and Shadownets current issue seem fine to me.

Let me remind people that before I deployed a lot of SteamGAFs kind words made that easier. Though it seems now if I posted something like that most people would want to call for pitchforks.

Thanks for the quick impression! That game is on my "to check out" list. Glad that it'd showing some promises. How many level of difficulties does it have? And I'm assuming you played on hardcore mode which was the hardest one?
-----------------

Yes, the hardmode is the hardest mode. The instance is originally designed for level 24 players max and if you actually play normal mode it reduces your level to 24 if you are above it. Hardmode is designed for level 38-40. Just the 2 modes, normal and hard for instances.

The raid boss we faced is designed for 10-20 players at or around level 40. There might be a hardcore mode for that too but I am not sure.

Thanks for the impressions and images, looks gorgeous, reminds me of Myst, wishlisted.

Enco

A Steam thread in Community that exists purely for off-topic discussion wouldn't work, anyway, because the topics have nothing to do with Steam. HaloGAF is one of the oldest cliques on GAF yet by and large the discussion in those threads is Halo/Bungie-related, for example. The general Steam threads remain in Gaming because they chiefly function as news/help threads, but if at some point a move to Community is deemed appropriate, then it'll be a package deal -- the "good" will have to go with the "bad".
I don't think moving the Steam threads to community would work or be a good idea.

Some stricter posting rules might help but I think the system right now is pretty good for the most part.

edit: Maybe a list of allowed topics? e.g. personal news that affects the thread (people leaving/coming back)

Anteater

Shit that looks cool, any higher res screenshots?

I can't find it on their webpage. Where?
Site's getting hammered.
At the top, right-ish side, there is a login. There you can use your existing facebook data to login.
After logging in, you'll see at the top bar Profile/Keys. Click it.
Scroll down the page and ta-da, there are your free Enclave and East India games, waiting to be redeemed.
From some posts it seems though, as if East India is only available from Germany.
I advice you to use Hola (set Germany as your location), to circumvent this. It's a free and super easy proxy addon, available for all major browsers.
Well that's in direct contradiction to freshVeggie's sentence saying you don't need to make an account. LOL
I only see Enclave. Why is there no East India for me?
Ok, I may have not been clear, ha. You don't have to make a new DLH account. Signing in with facebook is enough. Of course, if you don't have facebook... well, then you have to make an account. Sorry for being not clear enough :p

Zarx

All the RE4 talk from earlier is really making me want to jump in. But I also want to wait for the fan HD patch. Damn it.

Yellow herbs are not blue herbs.

:)

I'm in the same boat with RE4, I kinda want to play it now but that HD mod just looks so damn good I kinda want to wait for that before burning myself out with the game.

Never been much of a rhythm gamer but CotN does look interesting. Is it $15 interesting tho? I think I will hold off until it's finished anyway.

I'm a roguelike fan, so for me, it was a no-brainer. Still haven't beaten the first dungeon, but that does seem that that first dungeon is all that is in at the moment. It's not a traditional roguelike, so if you are a stickler about persistent upgrades it might not be for you.

Hugstable

Banned

Am I missing somthing? Besides Shadows thing earlier (which he put in spoilers) and the 4 anime pictures... how off topic has this topic been? I mostly see discussion about Steam games. It happens every once in awhile and I agree that it should be kept to a very minimun but to call it unbearable is just weird. It definitely hasn't been anywhere near as bad as it was a few weeks ago atleast.

EDIT: welp officially all my card money recently has gone to CS:GO skins, some of these are pretty nice though.

Vuze

Shit that looks cool, any higher res screenshots?

The dev asked not to publish original screenshots before the game is released, so I just took some of the store page :p I'm afraid there aren't any higher res screenshots, atleast not on the games website. But I'll make sure to share the plenty I took once I'm allowed to :)

Anteater

The dev asked not to publish original screenshots before the game is released, so I just took some of the store page :p I'm afraid there aren't any higher res screenshots, atleast not on the games website. But I'll make sure to share the plenty I took once I'm allowed to :)

Damn, figures :(

Jawmuncher

After spinning that steam roulette wheel It landed on Puzzle Quest.

This game is good.

Hell yeah it is. Played the hell out of it awhile back on PSP. Not sure if PQ2 is on steam but it's nowhere near as good as 1. Though maybe that was just a bad ios port which is where I tried to play it.

buying the retail version of divinity was worth it.

Is that an actual thing in Europe or part of being a backer? Regardless its amazing how many titles still get retail releases in Europe considering how the US gets very little. Though can't blame them on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom