• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

I'm very late but all the best, Shadownet!

In more positive news: Great giveaway, Fuzzification!

Also, obligatory Mind: Path to Thalamus advertisement since the game is getting more and more trippy as I progress.
You should definitely buy it once it hits in about two days or atleast wishlist it if you're into first person puzzlers with focus on atmosphere and story.
Game looks stunning, I wish I could remove the vignette effect for tiled screenshots but no dice so far. GeDoSaTo also doesn't seem to work :( Maybe our GAF screenshot gurus will come up with a solution, it's definitely wallpaper-worthy.

WOW, looks stunning. Will definitely check it out when it releases.

Zarx

I'm a roguelike fan, so for me, it was a no-brainer. Still haven't beaten the first dungeon, but that does seem that that first dungeon is all that is in at the moment. It's not a traditional roguelike, so if you are a stickler about persistent upgrades it might not be for you.

I don't mind a good roguelite myself, a certain layer of persistence doesn't bother me at all. Tho I didn't really get into real roguelikes until a couple years ago TBH, and don't really have the patience for the real hardcore ones anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think moving the Steam threads to community would work or be a good idea.

Well, it'd basically just be a rebranding, not an attempt to steer the level of discourse.

Some stricter posting rules might help but I think the system right now is pretty good for the most part.

I agree. The thread has been a lot better since the OT talk reached a head and people had their say.

Finalow

I'm a roguelike fan, so for me, it was a no-brainer. Still haven't beaten the first dungeon, but that does seem that that first dungeon is all that is in at the moment. It's not a traditional roguelike, so if you are a stickler about persistent upgrades it might not be for you.
there are no unlockables or upgrades at all?

Zarx

After spinning that steam roulette wheel It landed on Puzzle Quest.

This game is good.

I really liked the first one on the DS back in the day. But I picked up Galactrix in a Steam sale and couldn't get into it at all. Anyone think Puzzle Quest 2 is worth picking up?

Sarcasm

From some posts it seems though, as if East India is only available from Germany.
I advice you to use Hola (set Germany as your location), to circumvent this. It's a free and super easy proxy addon, available for all major browsers.

You actually don't need to use a VPN/proxy/browservpnplugin.

You need to make sure this is set to Deutsch.

ibilvFUzoUUEtK.PNG

Finalow

Is that an actual thing in Europe or part of being a backer? Regardless its amazing how many titles still get retail releases in Europe considering how the US gets very little. Though can't blame them on that.
yes it was released as retail in Europe, not a lot of copies though.
I'd take less retail releases over getting some games waay after the US release, not talking about steam games. (*smtIV*cough*)

kami_sama

Site's getting hammered.
At the top, right-ish side, there is a login. There you can use your existing facebook data to login.
After logging in, you'll see at the top bar Profile/Keys. Click it.
Scroll down the page and ta-da, there are your free Enclave and East India games, waiting to be redeemed.
From some posts it seems though, as if East India is only available from Germany.
I advice you to use Hola (set Germany as your location), to circumvent this. It's a free and super easy proxy addon, available for all major browsers.

Ok, I may have not been clear, ha. You don't have to make a new DLH account. Signing in with facebook is enough. Of course, if you don't have facebook... well, then you have to make an account. Sorry for being not clear enough :p

Just did it! Thanks for the info!

The developer has been distributing review keys for a few days now.
So jelly, it hurts.
You do reviews? Which site you work for?

Well, I worked absurd time on these gifs and people seem to like the visuals, so here my reposts. (Total ~100MB worth of gif, open in new tab for optimal gif speed/fluidity)

Carlos Coronado should send me a review code. All the free ads I made.
Salty/Jelly ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

Parsnip

ibilvFUzoUUEtK.PNG

That's not necessary either. I grabbed East India without any extra steps, but it said on the page that they are rolling the keys out in lots, so depending on your timing, a key may not be available when you check the page.

Just check again later would be my advice.

Arthea

Puzzle Quest is not simply good, not only it's the best Ausie made game (I have no idea why Jasec haven't clocked 200 hours in it), it basically created own genre, you know, battle match three RPGs, more or less, and still remains the best in that genre, in spite of huge following. The game is legendary in my books.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thanks!

Is the game so bad they removed the ability to play it?

According to the forums, it's currently in early access for people that buy the DLC, but the devs can't update the info on the store page until Monday. You can use the steam://run/295550 trick to run it, though.

Sendou

Hard to keep up with these games hitting Steam. This Mind game and Lovely Planet both look excellent but happily flew under my radar. I wonder what else I missed.

Tellaerin

Thank you guys :)

On to something a bit more on topic. Have anyone tried Marvel Heroes? The free to play game. How is it?

I'll be sending positive thoughts your way, man. Hang in there!

If you want impressions of Marvel Heroes, Rhaknar's your man. He's the resident addict expert around these parts. >.> (Who's your "Marvel waifu", Rhaknar? I'm wondering who you main.)

I really, really miss you all. :(

The feeling's mutual! Please poke your head in from time to time when you can and let us know how you're doing.

Vuze

So jelly, it hurts.
You do reviews? Which site you work for?

Well, I worked absurd time on these gifs and people seem to like the visuals, so here my reposts. (Total ~100MB worth of gif, open in new tab for optimal gif speed/fluidity)

Carlos Coronado should send me a review code. All the free ads I made.
Salty/Jelly ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

Not professional of course, it's a hobby project.
http://gamezgeneration.de/

Hard to keep up with these games hitting Steam. This Mind game and Lovely Planet both look excellent but happily flew under my radar. I wonder what else I missed.

Same. If it wasn't for GAF, I would probably have missed out on Mind. I should definitely start checking new releases and stuff.

That's not necessary either. I grabbed East India without any extra steps, but it said on the page that they are rolling the keys out in lots, so depending on your timing, a key may not be available when you check the page.

~600 keys available now

Tellaerin

I had a DLH account from the last promo. Tried switching the account language to German and checking the account/keys page, but there was only an option to claim Enclave.

Created a 2nd DLH account tied to another email with the language on the site set to German, account was approved. Hit the link in the verification email, logged in, checked the account/keys page (with the language still set to German), and the option to redeem the East India key to my Steam account was there along with Enclave. Didn't need to worry about proxies or anything. Worked without a hitch.

Just figured I'd mention it for anybody else having an issue. :3

Divius

On my behalf, I apologize for writing such post.

I've been away almost one month from posting (due the lack of time and other things) and away from even playing Steam games and just wanted to check things with some great GAFfers I truly care and like. I'll refrain from such things in the future if they are offensive or bother many others. Carry on.
You are always welcome here Monk, I've already got some coffee brewing!

DukeBobby

It's been ages since I've played a Steam game. I just can't put my 3DS down at the moment.

I've still got to play Gods Will Be Watching, but I've not heard good things about it. I'm pretty sure I bought Jazzpunk a while ago too, and I've been dying to play that for ages.

KainXVIII

Win some
xheRJRF.gif
game from Fuzzification, maybe its not so
xheRJRF.gif
, anyway i'm glad!
And good luck to Shadownet, крепись мужик.

http://i7.minus.com/ibilvFUzoUUEtK.PNG
I stand corrected. Already sounded funny using a proxy to get INTO German region, lol.
Everyone wants out.
East India Gold and Pirates of the Black Cove Gold were uploaded for a Bundle Stars bundle last year. Both had retail releases in 2012, but for whatever reason TopWare didn't bring them to Steam until prodded and as you've noticed they're still not up on the Steam Store itself.
So, you're saying together with QUBE, East India Gold I own rarity games like Wheelman?
"spoiler"I know you previously rebutted but let me dream."spoiler"

Hugstable

Banned
All these giveaway reposts make me forget which ones I've already signed up for!

Yeah it happens to me all the time as well since I have really crappy short term memory.

So now that Idlemaster has been out for a few days how has everyones card farming been going?

Oh snap, searching for all those gifs and replying to old-ass posts, I totally oversaw Fuzzys giveaway.
Payday 2 woul have been nice. Always seeing folks here having a good time with it. Thanks fuzzy.
Also, if anyone wants trailers giffed, just hit me. Got my workflow set up.

Sarcasm

By default it should already be on German. What people are saying is the game title doesn't show up, which it doesn't when English is selected.

When you have German, you can see the title of the game and see how many total keys left, when next giveaway is etc.

Haunted

Yeah it happens to me all the time as well since I have really crappy short term memory.

So now that Idlemaster has been out for a few days how has everyones card farming been going?
Had 33 games to idle, Idle Master went through them all, I put them on the market and got ~6€ out of it.

Neat!

Parsnip

By default it should already be on German. What people are saying is the game title doesn't show up, which it doesn't when English is selected.

When you have German, you can see the title of the game and see how many total keys left, when next giveaway is etc.

And what I'm saying is that I have it set to English and East India showed up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom