• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, you're saying together with QUBE, East India Gold I own rarity games like Wheelman?
"spoiler"I know you previously rebutted but let me dream."spoiler"

Some would argue that they count as pulled games since they're not available on Steam's own store, so there's that. ;)

xeris

Thank you guys :)

On to something a bit more on topic. Have anyone tried Marvel Heroes? The free to play game. How is it?

I know I hardly post in the Steam threads, but I wanted to add my and my wife's well wishes.

Back on topic, I really liked Marvel Heroes. While I haven't played in awhile, I never felt like it was play to win and the starting characters seemed pretty viable for the end game stuff. The only reason I ever stopped was because I got sucked into Guild Wars 2.

Double

Even though I barely know you guys, I kinda like you. Good luck and enjoy.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Double, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the Necrodancer -- MB-A437EF99E9E56313 - Taken by Kryptonite. 86 entrants total.

t1407092135z1.png

I harbor hatred for every single person in here who hyped Volgarr the Viking up, this game unearthed 'gaming rage' I had not experienced since I was a child. It's so debilitating to the ego and soul I now play in turns with friends or I'll snap. Almost broke a controller.

Dark Souls has also felt like this at times.

But goddamit I will beat Volgarr. I'm just waiting for that Metal Slug moment of zen coordination.

Edit: MRORANGE > us.

Ventara

(Off Topic)

There is something I wanted to let you guys know. If you want to find out then click the link.
But once you find out, you can't unlearn it. This is something pretty personal, if you guys don't think you can handle it. Don't click. ignore this post. But if you do click it, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. But I thought as my friends, you all deserve to know at least.
Point of no return

Shadownet, I'm really sorry this happened to you. You're a great guy and everyone here loves you. I'm positive you'll pull through this like a champ, and you have my best wishes. Hopefully, I can catch you tonight on Steam.

Deitus

A little over 6 hours left.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-B760BCC3E83674FC - Taken by PriitV. 80 entrants total.

t1407104673z1.png

---
People freaking out about the content of SteamGAF?

Must be a day ending in 'Y'.

Pretty much.

Sarcasm

And what I'm saying is that I have it set to English and East India showed up just fine.

Maybe they decided to fix that once their site stopped getting hammered. Who knows? I did it like 5+ hours ago. You can look through the pages and see it was a problem.

Hugstable

Banned
Even though I barely know you guys, I kinda like you. Good luck and enjoy.

Great giveaway!

I harbor hatred for every single person in here who hyped Volgarr the Viking up, this game unearthed 'gaming rage' I had not experienced since I was a child. It's so debilitating to the ego and soul I now play in turns with friends or I'll snap. Almost broke a controller.

But goddamit I will beat Volgarr. I'm just waiting for that Metal Slug moment of zen coordination.

God damn do I love Volgarr, good luck dude. I'm only like the 4th or 5th level, but man is it such a fun challenging game. Reminds me alot of an old game called Rastan!

Deitus

Do you know if Shovel Knight is as hard? Or Rogue Legacy? I'm wary...

Rogue Legacy can be challenging at times, but I wouldn't call it hard because you can always just grind levels to overcome any difficulty you have. It's a really fun game though.

Those remix bosses can be super tough though, but they are purely optional.

Gurthang

Banned
meh

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gurthang:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gurthang, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-74CBACCDD75174DC - Taken by wagamer. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-41069AEDD6A8EB60

t1407092735z1.png

maneil99

This thread is about STEAM, not wifus, anime or that shit, MR Orange makes this OT's for STEAM, he puts a huge amount of time into it and people should respect why it was created.We should keep on topic as much as possible, it's the reason I stay out of this place alot of the time, it's always off topic about random shit and isn't safe for work at all.

Sendou

Do you know if Shovel Knight is as hard? Or Rogue Legacy? I'm wary...

Rogue Legacy is more annoying than "hard". Well I guess you could call it hard but not in a way I find enjoyable.

Shovel Knight is just right when it comes to difficulty. Few cheap places where you can die a lot there and there but otherwise it's all good. Interested to see how Volgarr is one of these days.

This thread is about STEAM, not wifus, anime or that shit, MR Orange makes this OT's for STEAM, he puts a huge amount of time into it and people should respect why it was created.We should keep on topic as much as possible, it's the reason I stay out of this place alot of the time, it's always off topic about random shit and isn't safe for work at all.

What's so NSFW about this thread? Beyond that we're really at a point where people whining about the thread is just as annoying as the posts they complain about. Maybe a better way to "improve" this thread would be to contribute in a way that you find fitting rather than coming with these drive-by "oh yeah this is exactly why I don't visit this thread anymore" posts. They're just worthless.

BruteUA

Good.....Good......Let the hate flow!

I never got past the second level.

-----------

Since I got Fuzz'd with Payday 2, are any of the DLC packs must-haves? I've got enough on-hand to get either Big Bank Heist or 2 of the older ones/weapon packs.

When I asked that last time someone said Armored Transport offers the best bang for buck. Can't verify for myself though.

Cool, I was looking at that one just because Heat is a fuckawesome movie.

Sendou

Since I got Fuzz'd with Payday 2, are any of the DLC packs must-haves? I've got enough on-hand to get either Big Bank Heist or 2 of the older ones/weapon packs.

When I asked that last time someone said Armored Transport offers the best bang for buck. Can't verify for myself though.

Jawmuncher

-----------

I've been playing without DLC and having a great time. I'd say to hold off until the next sale or if you play some and are just dying for DLC.

Yup, I'm with Mr. Orange on this one. This place is seems more off-topic than on most of the time, I wouldn't have an issue if it was in the Community section and let's face this place is community formed around Steam. I get it. However, it's daunting and a little off putting for people who aren't part of that clique/community to get involved or to find information they're looking for.

We seem to have this discussion at least once a month, for the last 8 months. Nothing ever changes. So it's either working, or people have just gave up hoping for an improvement.

What's so NSFW about this thread? Beyond that we're really at a point where people whining about the thread is just as annoying as the posts they complain about. Maybe a better way to "improve" this thread would be to contribute in a way that you find fitting rather than coming with these drive-by "oh yeah this is exactly why I don't visit this thread anymore" posts. They're just worthless.

Who are you to suggest that those posts are worthless? It's another user's opinion on the Steam thread and how they don't enjoy visiting as much as they once did due to the direction it's taken. That's not worthless at all. This always seems to happen when someone raises their opinion about the off-topic/content within the Steam thread - the 'regulars' rally around and pick off the 'dissenters'.

Would it be possible to create a 'Steam/Games Only' steam thread?

maneil99

Rogue Legacy is more annoying than "hard". Well I guess you could call it hard but not in a way I find enjoyable.

Shovel Knight is just right when it comes to difficulty. Few cheap places where you can die a lot there and there but otherwise it's all good. Interested to see how Volgarr is one of these days.

I got the site blocked from work because of those fox girl pics. There's no way to contribute when the conversation at hand isn't even about steam or games on steam. Imagine a Halo OT or Uncharted OT being like this.

Vazduh

IMHO, Armored Transport (if you're the one hosting the game) and one of the two (Shotgun or Sniper, depending which one you like more, snipers are more effective against special enemies). Big bank is good, but not worth 7€. Better wait when it goes on sale.

Sarcasm

I got the site blocked from work because of those fox girl pics. There's no way to contribute when the conversation at hand isn't even about steam or games on steam. Imagine a Halo OT or Uncharted OT being like this.

Oh boy. Guess I am off to bed.

DasFool

-----------

Wait for a sale, last time it was some 80% off and you don't need the DLC to play the maps as long as someone who DOES have it is hosting.

Gurish

Seems like a good place to ask, The Swapper is coming to PS4, I know it's already on Steam, how is it?
Do you recommend it?
Are the puzzles too difficult? How would you rate the puzzle's difficulty- more or less than Portal 2?

I don't want to buy the game and use the guide half of the time :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seems like a good place to ask, The Swapper is coming to PS4, I know it's already on Steam, how is it?
Do you recommend it?
Are the puzzles too difficult? How would you rate the puzzle's difficulty- more or less than Portal 2?

It's fantastic and there's only a few headscratchers where you'll want to use a guide.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

In my case GAF got blocked at work, then unblocked without reason but I don't browse at work any more.

Still, if I got caught looking at some of the pictures on this thread I'd be pinged for it. At least with "normal" gaming stuff I would just about be able to explain it away.

Anyway, Rogue Legacy is an interesting form of hard. Usually games like that annoy the hell out of me, but I liked the sense of progression so stuck with it. I can see why it can be highly frustrating.

NG+, fuck me the difficulty spike

Edit: Got that DLH thingy working before realising I own the games involved m(Well, the standard not gold version of East India Company), oops.

Sendou

Do you recommend it?

Yeah it's great. I didn't find the puzzles too hard. In fact I think they were just the right difficulty. About the same level as Portal 2 I think. There's plenty of clever puzzles. I had to refer to guide once.

It also has great atmosphere and quite unique game I think. Playing with clones is just fun.

_hekk05

Banned

You mean sakura spirit? That's a steam game you know

I'm pretty sure you should have images disabled when you're surfing gaf at work anyway

BruteUA

Wait for a sale, last time it was some 80% off and you don't need the DLC to play the maps as long as someone who DOES have it is hosting.

Oh wow, I was going by current trade prices, but seeing those sale prices yeah I'll wait. That Cobra Commander mask was tempting tho. Thanks everyone for the input.

Gurish

Yeah it's great. I didn't find the puzzles too hard. In fact I think they were just the right difficulty. About the same level as Portal 2 I think. There's plenty of clever puzzles. I had to refer to guide once.

It also has great atmosphere and quite unique game I think. Playing with clones is just fun.

It's fantastic and there's only a few headscratchers where you'll want to use a guide.
Thank you all, bought :)

Anyone still want these?

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Thief Gold -- MB-AA8BE734A74C0541 - Taken by hepburn3d
Hitman : Blood Money -- MB-B626D3F766B3734B - Taken by anastef

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

HaloGAF was so off-topic they spun it off into HolaGAF for a while.

Nabs

Edit: MRORANGE > us.

How far are you into Volgarr?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant decide if this
Krauser
fight in RE4 was the stupidest thing ever or the best thing ever

probably a bit of columm A and a bit of columm B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom