• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ah. Yeah, Connect Ireland is an initiative to bring more businesses and thus jobs to Ireland -- it's rather neat in that if your suggestion actually gets off the ground and the company does set up shop in Ireland, then you receive a cash reward as thanks. I know this because I watched the PSA... because Saoirse's in it.

well of course you did ;) I really don't think anyone's expecting you to say "oh, I haven't seen that one before" at this point :p haha

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Trails in the Sky looks legit, and I never played the original PSP release. Might have to throw down some of this Idle Master money.

moKU9In.gif

derExperte

The Genuine F2P Collector's Pack? I noticed it was gone not long after you put it up. ;)

So that's how people feel that are being stalked! *shivers*

I bought it thinking the value would rise fast and put the thing up for sale with a high price so I could just click on it in the market overview to get to the listing (was before Valve implemented a button to do that). But then got a few invites which annoyed me. Still have it because the value hasn't risen despite a very limited number available, it looks almost like nobody is using it, only dudes like me speculating. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
This is almost every online game ever for me. I'm the local champ among my friends then I go online and get swatted like a fly.

i tend to be very random

sometimes i'll beat everyone at like pro evo or cs and sometimes i'll do embarrassingly bad and finish up last lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So that's how people feel that are being stalked! *shivers*

Haha. ;)

I bought it thinking the value would rise fast and put the thing up for sale with a high price so I could just click on it in the market overview to get to the listing (was before Valve implemented a button to do that). But then got a few invites which annoyed me. Still have it because the value hasn't risen despite a very limited number available, it looks almost like nobody is using it, only dudes like me speculating. :(

Yeah, I bought the pack early on myself as someone mentioned to me that the last time Valve tied items to a purchase, Genuines stopped being provided after a period of time (which is exactly what happened). I'm glad I opted against buying spares as the sale prices -- at least for the time being -- have plateaued at ~$40. That still represents a relatively decent profit, of course, but it's not high enough for my liking.

Enco

The same reason why I still care about achievements, both are like a diary/reminder of what I've played. I idle some games when the cards are worth more than 10c but overall prefer to know how much time I put into a game exactly. I also avoid alt-tabbing and leaving a game running in the background.

Oh and yes, I'm one of those creepy stalker dudes who click on others profiles to see what and how long they've played something.

I totally do the stalking thing.

Helps me know if a game is likely to be worth it.

When all your friends have 10 minutes in a game then chances are it's shit.

Yep I'm surprised it hasn't had a good sale yet. Looks interesting.

There's a coupon floating around, but it's only 33% off or so. :|

--

When I try to get that East India Company freebie from DLH.net, I do the sign in through steam and either get a 'sorry, try again later" or it dumps me on my account purchases page and i don't seem to have the game added.
Anyone else have this problem with trying to get the freebie? It's not like I'm dying to have the game or anything, but it's free, y'know? ;)

Shadownet

Banned
The Secret Ponchos -Quick Impression-

I just played some Secret Ponchos with yGray. The gameplay is very cool. You get to pick from 4-5 different Outlaw as your starter (you can make multiple Outlaws) each one have different stats and weapons. You can also gain experience and raise those stats like Health, Damage, Reload, Speed, etc. But the weapons each characters has make a difference in how you play the game.

For example when I was playing as The Phantom Poncho, he uses a shotgun and a whip as his secondary. His shotgun is powerful but has limited ammo per clip. So you have to get in close and make your shot count, his whip can stun enemies and open them up to shotgun blasts, and has longer range than his shotgun.

Another character I test out was Kid Red, he has dual pistols and dynamite. His pistols hold 12 bullets so you can afford to spam it a bit. Red is also really fast so his gameplay is suitable for hit and run players. His dynamite can help you corner opponents or stop them from pursuing you.

Overall the gameplay, music and art direction mixed in really well with this game.

Apparently when the game is released there will be more options to customize your Outlaws. Right now, things are pretty bared.

More people should play this game, it was hard finding players. We played the same 2 people twice and one time we wait for 4 minutes before we were able to find a game.

I can't wait for future updates.

sprinkles

Yep I'm surprised it hasn't had a good sale yet. Looks interesting.
I liked it for its low budget movie flair, but it really was too short for the 15€ I payed for. And yes,
I did go back into town after it turned dark
. They are waiting for Episode 2 before they put it on sale I guess.

Jawmuncher

I liked it for its low budget movie flair, but it really was too short for the 15€ I payed for. And yes,
I did go back into town after it turned dark
. They are waiting for Episode 2 before they put it on sale I guess.

That would be a smart move.
The TT games do that every time they have a new episode coming out.

You do have two groups in common with ☣PUSSY☣DESTROYER☣ though.
I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

Edit: Beaten by Sendou.
Pussy Destroyer seems like a legit guy.
From his name I can only surmise he euthanizes cats suffering from radiation poisoning, so I guess he's the only stand up individual there not trying to make me add his friend from StearnConnunlty.ru.

Why would they want to friend you? Because you sold them a ~$0.11 digital card?
They probably want to lowball him an offer/trade for something expensive he's selling.
Yup!

Trails in the Sky looks legit, and I never played the original PSP release. Might have to throw down some of this Idle Master money.

moKU9In.gif
That gif is majestic.

zkylon

zkylewd
problem with secret ponchos is that multiplayer games that aren't huge usually die pretty quick

and like looking at dat artstyle i so fucking wish it was singleplayer

Dr Dogg

You've convinced me to put it on my wishlist, so I can one day try it out myself :) The combat system does sound like fun. How hard would you say it is so far?

Well I haven't died yet but the first couple of encounters did take a while getting used to as the game gives you some basic tutorials but the rest is kind of left up to experimentation. You have a health bar that once that depleted to a certain level removes one of your slotted Functions. You then carry on with a full health bar but that function isn't usable until you get to the in game terminals where you can swap things round a certain number of times (I've only had it happen once so I'm not fully clued up on how it works). I think the way it works is this, each Function has a certain value to it call Mem (I'm guessing Memory as the games components are all a bit computer lingo) and you can only assign so much , so kind of like a weight limit for armour or a level cap for items. When you lose your health bar the highest rated Function is removed, this is show in a visual way just under the health bar but some connected yellow lines that look like something found on a printed circuit board.

The above example you can see I've lost Function 2 and 4 and if I lose another health bar I'd lose function 3 due to the Indicator above it.

I guess the real difficulty comes from finding out how things work and what combination of Functions work best together. I've quite enjoyed experimenting as you come across stations where you can swap out your Functions quite often but there haven't been too many battles yet to test everything out fully.

I don't know how long it is (I've resisted looking it up on howlongtobeat) but there appears to be a New Game+ feature and some Trails of varying sorts to do from the achievement descriptions. Also speaking to Grief about it he said the game is very repayable so there's that to bear in mind too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone have any clue what that..."human" with the medal is on Groupees Be Mine Bundle is?

Twinsen... but the games aren't on Steam. I wonder if this is a sign that series is finally moving beyond GOG -- buy them now to get them when they launch. When I was a kid I wanted the sequel, but when my parents went to buy it, it was no longer in stock. I think I opted for Abe's Oddysee instead.

How can i delete a trade offer?

http://www.steamcommunity.com/my/tradeoffers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Assigment Ada finished, was very short as you guys said, also looks non canon since you fight Krauser and she has a weird swat costume. Just Seperate Ways to go then

since Seperate Ways is longer, can you save in it? dont want to start it if it has to be done in 1 go like Assigment Ada

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I have no mouth and I must sing.

TEEEEEEEEEED!

That's still represents a relatively decent profit, of course, but it's not high enough for my liking.

How much profit do you think you'll get from your Pat & Mats? :p

Assigment Ada finished, was very short as you guys said, also looks non canon since you fight Krauser and she has a weird swat costume. Just Seperate Ways to go then

since Seperate Ways is longer, can you save in it? dont want to start it if it has to be done in 1 go like Assigment Ada[

You can save in Separate Ways, yes.

Assignment Ada isn't canon. That bolded part though is.

TLR?

The Last Remnant.

Finally got DLH.net to work. For those having trouble, having it in German absolutely helps. If their language switcher doesn't work, just change the end of the URL from /en/ to /de/.

zkylon

zkylewd

moKU9In.gif

if you played ps1 era jrpgs you know what you're getting into

i played that shit all day and can't even remember what my main questline is in divinity now

really cool game so far, go for eet

Se... Third best jRPG currently available on Steam
FF8 and TLR in case you're wondering
interesting you'd put 8 over 7

i like both games but 8 had too much story nonsense in it for me and characters weren't my favorites ('cept laguna!).

both games are great tho

and much better than the last remnant, cmon dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom