• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes and it's canon
He also might not be dead

Seperate ways is concurrent with RE4 correct? basically tou play out the shit she was doing in between showing up to Leon?

If I sent a key to modbot for a giveaway but forgot to type my rules, can I just resend it now with the rules?

yes it updates

I'm happy, I hope it's smooth sailing for Larian from now on, free to do their own things, no more publisher bullshit.
Tizoc just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about SteamGaf culture (I'm an expert), but gaming talk and playing video games are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in AnimeGaf where you can become successful by posting about Waifus. If you post a single anime waifu image, you bring shame to yourself and the rest of steamgaf, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is steamgaf, after hearing about this, are going to make 3 pages of posts about how terrible off topic talks are, nor will they post about games ever again. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tizoc has fucked up the entire thread with his move.

Tizoc, publicly apologize and post a giveaway or you can kiss this thread goodbye.
11/10

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I sent a key to modbot for a giveaway but forgot to type my rules, can I just resend it now with the rules?

You'll just receive an error stating that the key is already in an existing giveaway but has been repurposed for the new one as it's unclaimed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I beat Risk of Rain the other day... I didn't really like it that much. The initial characters you start off as aren't really fun at all (commando, enforcer)... After I unlocked Acrid, I just stuck to using him exclusively. All the characters are really slow though, it made exploring the maps tedious. That your money didn't carry over to the next level also didn't help matters, since you'd have to backtrack to chests and waste even more time. I really hate random generation, but that at least was okay in this game, since it only really affect the gate and some geography. The actual levels themselves were always the same, with only a few permutations of layouts.

The thing that bugged me the most was enemy spawning. Frequently, so many enemies would appear and cause the frame rate to plummet. For example, after activating the gate, I usually stuck around to one area to make sure all the enemies wouldn't spawn all over the map and make me waste my time to track them down, but then I'd get like 40-50 enemies in one spot and my fps would drop to the 20s. Heaven forbid if you had a ghost ability on, too. It's not even as if combat was fun, either (it was just okay), so I don't understand the point of doing that. On the subject of combat, bosses were alright I guess. Cremator was the worst though.

So yeah, overall I didn't have much fun. Sort of disappointing, but whatever. On to the next game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
interesting you'd put 8 over 7

i like both games but 8 had too much story nonsense in it for me and characters weren't my favorites ('cept laguna!).

both games are great tho

8 has Triple Triad though.

Seperate ways is concurrent with RE4 correct? basically tou play out the shit she was doing in between showing up to Leon?

Yes, and it's mostly just levels you've already played, but from different angles with Ada.

Really? its that good? i have it, just haven't play it yet.

qzQrfOZ.jpg

valouris

ModBot said:
Instructions for valouris:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex HR Director's Cut -- MB-794AFC8B9E1F0284 - Taken by redlacs. 26 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex HR Director's Cut was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407103415z1.png

Got the humble bundle, this is my only extra. This has been gifted and bought too many times, so lurkers allowed :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Big Papa Husker, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Big Papa Husker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cave Story Plus -- MB-2A682221F70D18C1 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Binding of Issac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-99BDA8EDD3D357AF - Taken by Elija2. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Cave Story Plus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Binding of Issac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407096395z1.png

Shade

Leftover bundle stuff not taken yet. Give them a home! Take as many (or few as you want!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shade:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

wasteland angel -- MB-A50124ABC335E8E2 - Taken by Vandrar. 4 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Happy New Year DLC -- MB-2AE2D0C8005687B2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Bastion -- MB-B9FA35C647222882 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-5EAA0EE0F312E0AD - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Invaders from Space DLC -- MB-1D9E666D0A7B7D02 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-EDA471CEE9BB3EC3 - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-C31E9E1E5F70E9EC - Taken by City 17. 6 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 1.5 -- MB-B02D8EE0A77146CC - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Theatre of war -- MB-4E161AF21DD2EB57 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-2BC03E11277324C8 - Taken by hepburn3d. 4 entrants total.
post apocalyptic mayhem dlc -- MB-53B82128741E31A6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Songs of the Holy Land DLC -- MB-19B471553BBBFE6E - Taken by thequickandthedead. 3 entrants total.
hacker evolution duality -- MB-EEACE9DFA37A3820 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-84A1AEFB82A403DC - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
Painkiller Recurring Evil -- MB-D55B81B74CF9E800 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-C49FE3FBA828C2E9 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Crazy Machines -- MB-01B7969E0539D80A - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-197319C4E7B6772C - Taken by Fox318. 2 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-10E70602EB711EE2 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Back to the Shop DLC -- MB-65A057C39C6E67AF - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Painkiller Redemption -- MB-A8BF5E7515A2A05B - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-6454189DD1E2DEF8 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
dead pixels -- MB-BC7360FF5BB31838 - Taken by Sharkiller. 4 entrants total.
madballs in babo dlc -- MB-5CDEE47B84344645
Crazy Machines 2 Halloween DLC -- MB-DAE4E142F063F1A1 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
xheRJRF.gif
miner wars arena -- MB-95D6EE34A11CF056 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
tower wars -- MB-7491A89612B18F25 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 Time Travel DLC -- MB-1B376E964AA89404 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Catshade
Crazy Machines 2 Liquid Force DLC -- MB-07E1E6A0902115C2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Greed Corp -- MB-DD750952507F8864 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 4 entrants total.

t1407093575z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
About to start checking out the Daud DLC for Dishonored, I'm guessing I should be starting with Knife of Dunwall?

Got the humble bundle, this is my only extra. This has been gifted and bought too many times, so lurkers allowed :)

OMG I love you for this! Always wanted to see what the fuss of these "improved" boss fights were about and all the new additions, but 15$ in the bundle was a bit too much considering I had everything else in that top tier. Thanks so much for the chance!

If you like JRPGs the game is quite good. The story on the other hand...

I played it on a console, so they may have fixed a lot of the BS game systems that made the game one of the worst I've ever played. Chief among them was the whole "if you grind to level up, you'll actually be making the game more difficult, with no way to revert the difficulty".

Not to mention that the story was a mess, art direction was a bit generic for a jRPG and the only thing it really had going for it was the battle system, which was ruined by the whole "no grinding" thing.

JaseC

About to start checking out the Daud DLC for Dishonored, I'm guessing I should be starting with Knife of Dunwall?

Yeah, Knife then Witches. I prefer the former's rumoured title, "The Other Side of the Coin"; it's more fitting, alluding not only to the fact you play Daud but also the game's thievery element.

Vuze

Is there a way to check the achievement list of unreleased games? Clicking on the "View all" button naturally redirects me to my profile instead of the corresponding page.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't understand all the hate towards Ace Combat Horizon, I've been playing it a few hours and its a decent game, having a ton of fun.

I found the missions to be too long. I was sick of the helicopter and AC-130 segments well before they ended and having a minimum of 50-100 kills per level was exhausting.

JaseC

Is there a way to check the achievement list of unreleased games? Clicking on the "View all" button naturally redirects me to my profile instead of the corresponding page.

No. The only data that Steam publicly broadcasts for unreleased games is what subs they're in.

Edit: Oh, and just to clarify, for games that move beyond hidden into private (e.g. Dead Rising 3), you do get some more data in the form of store info.

JaseC

Aha, it's just a type of game design.
While were at it. I read a lot about Sega Sammy. What is that Sammy?

Sega Sammy is the holdings company of Sega and Sammy, the latter of which Sega merged with in 2004. High Moon Studios, responsible for the recent Transformers games, is actually Sammy's former development studio.

Think I'll finally give FF7 a go, anything I should knew before starting? Like, are the keyboard controls fine or such?

THE KEYBOARD CONTROLS ARE NOT FINE

What I mean is that the minigames, some of which you have to play to advance in the game, don't refer to the keys you map, but things like "action button".

So you better memorize which keys are tied to which functions and what the functions are called, or you'll have a bad time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Another vote for the game and get it free once greenlight offer. This time Space Warp: http://spacewarp.mindcrew.com/indie-kings/

Also BlackShadows:
http://cybertroc.fr/indie-kings/

If anything, I thought the last batch of Greenlit titles would have showed devs and pubs that this strategy might not be viable anymore. Guess not though.

Regarding HuniePop and Humble widget purchase and steam keys:

BuHmtMWIMAAwA0M.jpg

At least the dev has the right idea when it comes to giving out keys :p

Ozium

hey SteamGAF wow so much OT doge.tif I don't mind OT talk hey don't talk about talking about OT talk.. ok? y u r mad tho r u even a mod bro? 100% MRORANGE.. I agree.. well, I don't agree moar liek 100%MRWRONG m i rite?.. well, I DO agree so u are wrong... oh you complained about an off topic post, tell me more about your exciting steam talk-willywonka.png -- I'm sick of pictures of steam games in my steam thread I can't even view it at work? what the fuck am I supposed to do at work? work? oprah-no.gif

wow what a wild ride!

Everyone should play Lovely Planet, the bright colors and the happy music along with the speed of the gameplay really gets you going.. The instant restart mechanic only adds to its addictive nature. The game is pretty lengthy on its own (100 levels) and if you are a perfectionist type you will get plenty of mileage out of it... lovelyplanet.webm

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Royal Quest already gets points in its favor for using your steam account as a game account aswell

iosefe

THE KEYBOARD CONTROLS ARE NOT FINE

What I mean is that the minigames, some of which you have to play to advance in the game, don't refer to the keys you map, but things like "action button".

So you better memorize which keys are tied to which functions and what the functions are called, or you'll have a bad time.

does it still default to the numpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom