• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Muve.cz (a czech site) is doing a Doom franchise sale, 75% off everything.
Don't know about region locks, though.

In the past they blocked everyone who isn't Czech from completing the purchase. Wait, that was muve.pl but the same will probably happen here.

Uzzy

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1407110400z0.png

A quick reminder that we'll be playing some DOTA2 tonight. If you're up for it, send me a PM or reply in the Games Night thread.

Newbies/beginners are more than welcome.

Turfster

In the past they blocked everyone who isn't Czech from completing the purchase. Wait, that was muve.pl but the same will probably happen here.

Yeah, hence the warning.
Not so much region locking on the games (which I think they aren't), but shop region locking.

Played some matches of Screencheat, and it's a pretty fun intense shooter. Awesome concept, but man, do you feel exhausted afterwards. It really wears you out, I only played against one other screen/player and while you get the feeling you kind of needed more players to fully enjoy it I just can't imagine having to deal with 3 other screens to cheat on.

And yeah, I'm one of the honest Goldeneye player. I never screencheated. Although it probably had more to do with me being bad at it rather than upholding some kind of code.

Jawmuncher

Completed Silent Hill Revelation:
The end is so crappy. Pyramid Head is pretty much a Digimon, the Alessa "fight" is just horrible, plot holes everywhere. The only thing I liked is that the main character of Silent Hill 0 makes a cameo, followed by the beginning of Downpour. Probably the Harry storyline will follow the events of Silent Hill 2, remixed as they usually do.

Yep the ending cameos are the best part.
On a related note I'm still amazed that downpour didn't come to PC but homecoming did. Downpour was UE so it couldn't be a hard process to port it over. Konami gonna konami I guess.

maty

A game I'll probably never play, hopefully someone does and enjoys it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ride em Low -- MB-FDFAC82CB8C95C3E - Taken by TheMadMan007

Tizoc

Damn I love my waifu
ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Code 47 -- MB-37DAC8A0191F5F37 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-450A6395822AD965 - Taken by aurelioking. 1 entrants total.

t1407113256z1.png

Fox318

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-AFB06823FDE947A7 - Taken by rainking187

Knurek

Holy shit, anyone who's playing TitS, substitute the main battle theme by this arrange
Game is just 100% more awesome after that (link to the OGG can be found in Steam forums for the game).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We only need one more if someone wants to play a few games of 100% Orange Juice. Try your luck and see if you are RNGesus!

I'm always busy or playing another game when everyone wants to play 100% fun :/

The end is so crappy. Pyramid Head is pretty much a Digimon, the Alessa "fight" is just horrible, plot holes everywhere. The only thing I liked is that the main character of Silent Hill 0 makes a cameo, followed by the beginning of Downpour. Probably the Harry storyline will follow the events of Silent Hill 2, remixed as they usually do.

That reminds me of what Silent Hill Homecoming could have been :|

The whole Elle was supposed to be Laura from 2 and putting on James Sunderland's jacket, Heather showing up at some point, and Alessa showing up for a "super saiyan battle over Toluca lake" would have been awful. I can't believe that Tomm Hulett actually did something good for Silent Hill by stopping that from becoming a thing.

Holy shit, anyone who's playing TitS, substitute the main battle theme by this arrange
Game is just 100% more awesome after that (link to the OGG can be found in Steam forums for the game).

Whoa. Why haven't I heard of this before? It's so good :O

Just fired it up, 2 hour download, so yeah, 1 CET and I'm in^^
Nice. The steam name in your profile is outdated? Leads to nowhere.
Just send me a friend request. Gonna have to kick another one out, ha. steamcommunity.com/id/freshVeggie
Never played that map. I think I'm gonna join if there's still place for another player.
Great. Missed playing with you Soma. We never finished Silent Hill campaign :(
We'll start at 1am CET (7pm EST / 4 PST). Frost said he'll try joining. We'll need another one if he can't.

We'll start at 1am CET (7pm EST / 4 PST). Frost said he'll try joining. We'll need another one if he can't.

Oh, right, we should try playing that again sometime. It's a very long campaign though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Savant -- MB-18398A433E5EF7D9 - Taken by bluechox2

Double

Nice. The steam name in your profile is outdated? Leads to nowhere.
Just send me a friend request. Gonna have to kick another one out, ha. steamcommunity.com/id/freshVeggie

Should actually be right though? -> http://steamcommunity.com/id/poucino

YOU SURE SON?

Here's some leftovers from other giveaways. First come, first serve.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Thief Gold #6 -- MB-65E27351A43CDD6C - Taken by okiemok
Thief Gold #12 -- MB-815EBAE5614B9830
Thief Gold #5 -- MB-A502F93994ED1389
Thief Gold #15 -- MB-97C621C038DE827F
Thief Gold #16 -- MB-F5B3EBF19637E212 - Taken by TheFightingFish. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-486AA47EEFA9C5B9 - Taken by Real4Life
Thief Gold #9 -- MB-2744E6A2F7F7E890
Thief Gold -- MB-6B0FB7E9ED2F6964
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
Thief Gold #13 -- MB-7DB75176846ABCF1
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang

-Deimos

Still available.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-7190C8A287E0E0A0 - Taken by Pop

Hugstable

Banned
What are some good cases to open for CS:GO? I can't believe I'm contemplating throwing down 10 bucks or so on some keys to open some crates -__-. Probably gonna grab the Desert Eagle Conspiracy also, looks so nice.

L.O.R.D

GET OUT OF MY WAY

VD42vpM.jpg

gkybRn1.jpg

man, this is the hardest achievement i ever got

i still have 3 time trail i never did, and i already have 100%
plus, there are a lot of stickers i never got .and i have level up all my characters
does leveling up characters and getting stickers give me more percentage ?

Ozium

Speedrunners online is so good for just a quick play session... I see a couple of the levels got updated (the third one in and the prototype)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm watching Silent Hill Revelation, is the mannequin a new enemy? Because I remember something similar in Homecoming.

Silent Hill Revelations is crappy but I guess at least visually interesting and bad in a way it's so dumb it's kind of stupid fun. However, it's probably the single worst thing to come out of the Silent Hill franchise, and a disappointment for me as while the first film wasn't perfect by a long shot, it had a few cool moments and at least seemed to have a bit of understanding on the material it was based on. The sequel got a new director, who seems to have no idea what he's directing and most of the scenes can be attributed because he thought 'it'd look cool.'

Yep the ending cameos are the best part.
On a related note I'm still amazed that downpour didn't come to PC but homecoming did. Downpour was UE so it couldn't be a hard process to port it over. Konami gonna konami I guess.

Konami, and another bet is because the developers of Downpour went under not too long after its release. A shame, while a lot of people think Downpour is the worst game in the series, I think it's extremely underrated, and actually had a good amount of fun playing it. It's also probably the closest thing consoles got last generation to an old-school horror game.

But probably Konami being Konami as said, the engine ports fairly easily to PC.

Oh, right, we should try playing that again sometime. It's a very long campaign though.

Silent Hill: Otherside of Life or Silent Hill 1 campaign?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I got to spend some time playing The Treausres of Montezuma 4 this afternoon. I can honestly say this is one of the best "match 3" games I've ever played. It's still on the Weeklong Deals sale for the next 18 hours for $1.74.

The game starts out like your standard "match 3" - match as many gems as you can, as fast as you can, to score high enough to move on to the next area. You'll soon start to notice a bit of a difference though - as each level has a time limit to get either gold, silver, or bronze on the level. At the end of the level, depending on how well you did, you gain experience points and gold. Gold can be used to purchase permanent upgrades in the in-game shop.

A unique spin on the genre comes from the "totems" that you can unlock in the shop. By matching that totem's color twice in a row, it does something special. For example, the red totem uses fireballs to eliminate random gems, the blue totem has an electricity move, the orange totem adds more time, etc. You can even "level up" these totems by purchasing the upgrades in the shop. Upgrading a totem increases their potency - like upgrading the red totem makes them go from destroying 6 gems to 10.

There are also multiple game types. The majority are like "Bejeweled" but there are also puzzle levels that are unique: some are like Jewel Quest where you have to clear a gem in each square of the board. There's another type of level where you have to capture these frogs that jump around from gem to gem. Another puzzle mode has you "clearing" a path for a river to reach a flower. Overall I think it's a good variety for a game like this.

I feel like the game has a good feeling of becoming more powerful as you move forward. I imagine by the end of the story mode you'll be able to completely dominate the gem board and get some really awesome combos.

If you are even remotely interested in match-3 games, be sure to pick up The Treasures of Montezuma 4 while it's still on sale. $1.74 is a steal for this game.

MRORANGE

September is a great month for games, if you find anything you like to recommend give me a shout.

Updated,:
cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for September (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in September that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th August

Games / Gaffers:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Uzzy
Dead Rising 3 - MMBosstones86
Gauntlet - Hugstable

So I got to spend some time playing The Treausres of Montezuma 4 this afternoon. I can honestly say this is one of the best "match 3" games I've ever played. It's still on the Weeklong Deals sale for the next 18 hours for $1.74.

The game starts out like your standard "match 3" - match as many gems as you can, as fast as you can, to score high enough to move on to the next area. You'll soon start to notice a bit of a difference though - as each level has a time limit to get either gold, silver, or bronze on the level. At the end of the level, depending on how well you did, you gain experience points and gold. Gold can be used to purchase permanent upgrades in the in-game shop.

A unique spin on the genre comes from the "totems" that you can unlock in the shop. By matching that totem's color twice in a row, it does something special. For example, the red totem uses fireballs to eliminate random gems, the blue totem has an electricity move, the orange totem adds more time, etc. You can even "level up" these totems by purchasing the upgrades in the shop. Upgrading a totem increases their potency - like upgrading the red totem makes them go from destroying 6 gems to 10.

There are also multiple game types. The majority are like "Bejeweled" but there are also puzzle levels that are unique: some are like Jewel Quest where you have to clear a gem in each square of the board. There's another type of level where you have to capture these frogs that jump around from gem to gem. Another puzzle mode has you "clearing" a path for a river to reach a flower. Overall I think it's a good variety for a game like this.

I feel like the game has a good feeling of becoming more powerful as you move forward. I imagine by the end of the story mode you'll be able to completely dominate the gem board and get some really awesome combos.

If you are even remotely interested in match-3 games, be sure to pick up The Treasures of Montezuma 4 while it's still on sale. $1.74 is a steal for this game.

The cards were selling for a reasonable price too.

Nabs

i need 3 people for speed runners

i'm down

Thanks for the impressions. I just put a few cards on the market (thanks again for IM), so I'll probably try this out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom