• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

OMG its over! It's finally over!

gn6V9SE.png

I've been saying this badge crafting nonsense is over for a while as soon as I get to 50 and I got there. No more recycling card drops into more cards....just gonna sit on that $0.06 or so per card until it becomes enough to buy a TF2 key with.

Who am I kidding I'll probably just keep crafting anyway.

"W-well.. 60 is only ten levels away. I'll stop there, yeah, 60 will be the last one."

Arthea

50.jpg

I've been saying this badge crafting nonsense is over for a while as soon as I get to 50 and I got there. No more recycling card drops into more cards....just gonna sit on that $0.06 or so per card until it becomes enough to buy a TF2 key with.

I said myself that when I was level 30, that it's over,
almost level 70 now (><)
so, good luck with that!

Deques

gn6V9SE.png

At that level how many badges do you need to craft to gain a level?

Beelzebubs

gn6V9SE.png

I had the same goal of 50 but then looked at my market transactions on my Steam account and felt sad. I sit at 40 now, selling everything I get from CS:GO, cards and TF2 in preparation for the next Steam Sale.

Scipius

At that level how many badges do you need to craft to gain a level?

The number of badges to gain a level is always the next coloured level divided by ten. So, at level 50, the next colour is at 60 and you'll need to craft 6 badges to gain one level.

aku:jiki

I'm playing Cook, Serve, Delicious but am I doing something wrong or is 0-star mode really very slow? My buzz is kinda crap, but I can't afford equipment to do something about it and I make little money and need like 3-4 days to be able to afford anything, even including perfect days and all bets won so far... Customers aren't exactly coming at me quickly, aside from rush hour, and it's kinda boring so far. I need a restaurant upgrade so the levels can be a bit more challenging!

I'm enjoying the basic gameplay quite a lot and can't stop playing it, but I was hoping it was a pure time management action game and am not in love with all this metagame "buzz" stuff.

Sendou

I'm playing Cook, Serve, Delicious but am I doing something wrong or is 0-star mode really very slow? My buzz is kinda crap, but I can't afford equipment to do something about it and I make little money and need like 3-4 days to be able to afford anything, even including perfect days and all bets won so far... Customers aren't exactly coming at me quickly, aside from rush hour, and it's kinda boring so far. I need a restaurant upgrade so the levels can be a bit more challenging!

I'm enjoying the basic gameplay quite a lot and can't stop playing it, but I was hoping it was a pure time management action game and am not in love with all this metagame "buzz" stuff.

That's how it starts. Enjoy it while it lasts. The end game is insanity. Just take care of your buzz.

Haunted

I think it can get a bit hectic even in earlier levels, but my biggest issue with the game are the mandatory minimum days for each tier. Doesn't feel good to have beaten all the challenges in 6 days... but you aren't allowed to move on for 14 more days.

It's a bit of a slog early but the game gets impossible to handle (for me anyway) later on, so if you need more challenge, you'll get it eventually. :D

Shadownet

Banned
I think it can get a bit hectic even in earlier levels, but my biggest issue with the game are the mandatory minimum days for each tier. Doesn't feel good to have beat all the challenges in 6 days... but you aren't allowed to move on for 14 more days.
I'm way too uncoordinated to play Cook Serve Delicious XD

if anybody has leftover of blue coins, you can get Montague's Mount free on gamersgate. Only I was wondering, how bad this game is? (about to get for coins)

Its £2 now was it free? I played the game at last years Rezzed, its a first person horror puzzler, no monsters or combat but heavy on puzzles and backtracking and there is a lot of reading involved as well as GHOASTS!

hepburn3d

gn6V9SE.png

Is there a max level? There should be a New Game +

level 1+ ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just sent Bethesda an e-mail about Quake Wars:

Hi,

I'd like to implore Bethesda (or id itself) to return Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (http://steamdb.info/app/10000/) to the Steam Store. I realise Wolfenstein 2009 is in a tight spot as while the Wolfenstein IP went with id Software to Zenimax, the game itself was retained by Activision as it was still in development at Raven when the buyout was finalised, however Quake Wars is owned entirely by Zenimax (by way of being completely owned by id), and so there is absolutely nothing preventing Bethesda or id Software from being granted Steam Partners access to the app, most recently exampled by Bethesda returning the classic Fallout games to the store, which were formerly overseen by Interplay.

Exhibit 1: id Software owns the ET:QW trademark. (Source: USPTO database.)
exhibit1grj45.jpg

Exhibit 2: id Software owns the ET:QW game itself. (Source: USCO database.)
exhibit2vgksx.jpg

Exhibit 3: Copyright assignment agreement between id Software and Zenimax mentions ET:QW no less than twice. (Source: USCO database.)
exhibit3attjdq.jpg

exhibit3b4fkde.jpg

Exhibit 4: Publishing/distribution rights reverted back to id Software in 2011 (Source: Activision Support's official Facebook page.)
exhibit4f5kjp.jpg

As a point of fact, Quake Wars has actually become a prized curio among Steam traders, so rest assured I'm not the only one hoping that some effort is made to return it to the store. I'd also appreciate a response to this e-mail confirming that it has been sent to the relevant departments within Bethesda for consideration.

Cheers,

Jase

If this doesn't work, nothing will.

Volimar

I'm alright. They shaved my head :3 and I'm butt naked in a hospital gown right now. Just waiting in bed till 8am.

How are you Volimar? :)

Gotta pay for the cable guy to come fix their shit equipment at a time when I'm trying to save up for a new bed cuz my mattress coils keep ripping my clothes. But at least I'm not naked in a hospital gown.

Just want to say:

EqZ3APG.jpg

Sendou

I just sent Bethesda an e-mail about Quake Wars:

If this doesn't work, nothing will.

I applaud your dedication. I have seen you make several of these e-mails to publishers and devs. What's the most useful response/reaction you have gotten?

I'm alright. They shaved my head :3 and I'm butt naked in a hospital gown right now. Just waiting in bed till 8am.

Hey, free haircut! Free is good. Random related anecdote: my coolest memory of the hospital stay I had a few years ago was actually getting offered another gown to wear over the other one I'd been given, opened the other way. I guess the male nurse thought it was kinda embarrassing for a 17 year old to be walking around with his butt hanging out with all the lady nurses walking around... sleepy me gets all nostalgic about weird shit for some reason.

Shadownet

Banned
Gotta pay for the cable guy to come fix their shit equipment at a time when I'm trying to save up for a new bed cuz my mattress coils keep ripping my clothes. But at least I'm not naked in a hospital gown.

Couldn't you just flip over the mattress for now? So the coil doesn't bother you anymore?

I have Cox internet and one of my neighbors happens to be a Cox repair guy. I usually just ask him to fix things for me and in return I give him like gift cards for his young daughters. Beat the $95 repair fee.

Have you ever been in a hospital gown? Your butt feel pretty free.

Plus I can imagine doing this.
MotorcycleRace3.jpg

---------
@Marco: secretly all the nurses rather look at at 17-20's years old butts anyway, so you just denied them a joy of working there. :p

Anteater

Got my ass kicked by some fire elemental mobs in divinity last night, I was kind of drunk so didn't know they're 2 levels above me, but did ok fighting some skeletons. I really need to get internet back since the mobile internet is awful.

@Marco: secretly all the nurses rather look at at 17-20's years old butts anyway, so you just denied them a joy of working there. :p
Well that only really helped part of the time, since I had a kinda butt-related injury,
they all asked to look anyway.
No room to be a prude in a hospital, I tell you hwat.

Yrael

Best of luck Shadow!

I've been to hospital to be operated on twice, but both times were minor (tonsillectomy, followed by another surgery a few months later when one of the stitches became infected).

Autofokus

game servers are region specific, I couldn't play from my local EU account at all, I couldn't even get access to servers. I could theoretically play on US account, I know some people do that, depending on game, you would be at disadvantage, though.

What game was that? 99% are using your IP to determine the best connection, that region thing is completely outdated.

Except for Vita Crossbuy stuff, I buy everything from the US store - absolutely no problems, even my Destiny beta code was an US one.

saunderez

Just use Amazon.com and use a random US billing address if you want PSN cash codes, etc.

Borderlinx is a good one for this. I signed up for a Boderlinx address years ago and have been using it for Amazon ever since. They must get all my Amazon junk mail.

Shadownet

Banned
Got my ass kicked by some fire elemental mobs in divinity last night, I was kind of drunk so didn't know they're 2 levels above me, but did ok fighting some skeletons. I really need to get internet back since the mobile internet is awful.

Playing a game like Divinity drunk is just asking for it:p I got my butt handed to me once cause I wandered into the wrong part of the wilderness and encountered some monsters I wasn't ready for. Lol

Well that only really helped part of the time, since I had a kinda butt-related injury,
they all asked to look anyway.
No room to be a prude in a hospital, I tell you hwat.

Butt-related injury? Is this some silly injury involving a carrot? Lol

was referring to the buy one get 50 off offer at Target haha

I can help you Wil. When I get back from this hospital!

Vuze

My bad yesterday, the embargo for Mind: Path to Thalamus footage was actually 4th August not 5th. So enjoy some screenshots I took ("spoilers" obviously) and bookmark the store page to buy it tomorrow ;)

I finished it yesterday and while it was rather short with about 5h of gametime it was an incredible and tense experience. Furthermore I'm sure you can spend much more time with it if you explore every corner. I just kinda pushed through it to finish it before release.

Album: http://minus.com/mBjRxylC5BoEo

Sendou

My bad yesterday, the embargo for Mind: Path to Thalamus footage was actually 4th August not 5th. So enjoy some screenshots I took ("spoilers" obviously) and bookmark the store page to buy it tomorrow ;)

I finished it yesterday and while it was rather short with about 5h of gametime it was an incredible and tense experience. Furthermore I'm sure you can spend much more time with it if you explore every corner. I just kinda pushed through it to finish it before release.

Album: http://minus.com/mBjRxylC5BoEo

Well that's just amazing.

Yrael

Whoa...that is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to playing this at some point. :)

I think it can get a bit hectic even in earlier levels, but my biggest issue with the game are the mandatory minimum days for each tier. Doesn't feel good to have beaten all the challenges in 6 days... but you aren't allowed to move on for 14 more days.

It's a bit of a slog early but the game gets impossible to handle (for me anyway) later on, so if you need more challenge, you'll get it eventually. :D

I agree that it's a bit slow early on with the minimum days and what not. Still have yet to get to a 1 star restaurant for me. I can't even imagine how much more difficult it's going to get.

Hope everything goes well for ya! :) I don't remember much from my last stay at a hospital other than having popsicles.

AngerdX

hmm 5 cards from having 45 badges ready to craft, now the question is to just do it now or wait for some steam sale event heh

MadGear

About that Dead Rising 3 activation lock: What does an publisher/dev achieve by utilizing this restriction?
I think it is one thing that a game might not officially release in germany, but why would they care beyond that? Isn't the only effect of this that they are missing out on additional sales (although i doubt DR3 will move that many units anyway)?
What am i missing?

derExperte

About that Dead Rising 3 activation lock: What does an publisher/dev achieve by utilizing this restriction?
I think it is one thing that a game might not officially release in germany, but why would they care beyond that? Isn't the only effect of this that they are missing out on additional sales (although i doubt DR3 will move that many units anyway)?
What am i missing?

You are correct and not missing anything. Only good reason (from the perspective of the publisher) for this kind of lock would be to encourage the purchase of a cut version. Which doesn't exist in this case.

hmm 5 cards from having 45 badges ready to craft, now the question is to just do it now or wait for some steam sale event heh

Next opportunity will be the winter sale in about 4.5 months.

Shadownet

Banned
Anyway, its time for me to go in. I love you guys, I've been reading all your well wishes today. Over and over again. Thank you for everything.

Don't be doing something awesome without me :3 like giving away games I want :p

I'm kidding, enjoy your day everyone :D

Hopefully I'll talk to you all tonight. If not, its been an amazing ride, and thanks for showing me how amazing you guys and GAF can be. :) I'll never forget you all.

hug31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom