• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

AssCreed Unity's map of Paris and how it compares to the actual map of the time (I was supposed to post this earlier but completely forgot):

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mfa6OocG1qb05kio1_500.jpg[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that on reddit the other day. Going by what Amancio said that a quarter of those buildings are enterable too.

Rb5YZHP.gif

I laughed out loud at this. Superbly timed.

This isn't to take away from Sub's post at all, because personal attacks and all that are just ridiculous and shouldn't happen, but this thread needed some levity in a bad way and Man Puncher knocked it out.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyway, its time for me to go in. I love you guys, I've been reading all your well wishes today. Over and over again. Thank you for everything.

Don't be doing something awesome without me :3 like giving away games I want :p

I'm kidding, enjoy your day everyone :D

Hopefully I'll talk to you all tonight. If not, its been an amazing ride, and thanks for showing me how amazing you guys and GAF can be. :) I'll never forget you all.

I know I'm a bit late with this, but good luck bro I'll be keeping you in my prayers to pull through today. I know you're strong and and have faith that we'll be talking to each other again soon.

Edit: Also welcome back Sub-Zero!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I saw that on reddit the other day. Going by what Amancio said that a quarter of those buildings are enterable too.

I bet they'll be tied into the completion rate in some way. :p "Buildings entered: 1/50".

Ruruja

Now that I've finally got a free schedule in regards to real-life events that cost lots of money, I can buy shitty bundles again! Hooray! Can't wait.

Good luck to Shadownet don't know what wrong with him but he needs the luck, and welcome back Sub Zero, the way the thread is today it reads like a TV show.

FYI Indie Gala Monday ends in 5 mins.

saunderez

Finally figured out the game to repay freshVeggie for my case of Bad Rats. Took forever since he's got like 250 games in his wishlist and I wanted to give him something that I really enjoyed that would also work on his laptop, but I think I ended up with the perfect game.

The Stanley Parable

Now just waiting for him to see the gift in his inventory and get up me for buying him a game when he told me not to.....

Dr Dogg

I bet they'll be tied into the completion rate in some way. :p "Buildings entered: 1/50".

I'm calling it now there will be an achievement that has you distributing cake to peasants (because you know Ubi looooves historical inaccuracies), something co-op based with the achievement name "All Four One" and to rip more off from Alexandre Dumas escaping or capturing The Bastille at some point.

I'm glad to see Sub Zero back and all of that stuff settled. I hope to see some good news from Shadownet today so I can quote Adventure Time and say:
Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

Jawmuncher

I've got $4 in steambucks now. I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks jshackles! Now do I sell all my cards or craft some badges....hrmm...

Always save crafting for the holiday sales.
Since it'll more than likely help with whatever meta game there is.

------

Sudeki is 60% off on GOG. Wonder if well see that as a weeklong or daily this week.

wagamer

In light of the recent conversation about giveaways, I apologize if anyone sees this as an unnecessary dumping, after all these are some bundle leftovers. I just don't want to use the garbage rule since I don't want these to end up to some random lurker :)

Anyway, these are unclaimed keys from previous raffles, they should all work. I hope there's still someone who doesn't own these.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wagamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-089DC964721A85DB
Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-6DF537705F06432D - Taken by Volimar
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-E0AE99A6CA4765E8

Is Wasteland 2 worth playing right now? I know that in a month thats when the game ships to backers and has a final release patch then too, just want to know if I'm missing any of its story/quests is all and if the final patch is just bug fixes.

saunderez

There is the flip-side to that coin where you might want to increase your Steam level now to increase your chance of booster pack drops. But you're definitely right value wise, crafting during the Steam sales is the shit. I speak authoritatively even though I've only been part of 1 Steam sale.....went up about 30 levels during it though.

Is Wasteland 2 worth playing right now? I know that in a month thats when the game ships to backers and has a final release patch then too, just want to know if I'm missing any of its story/quests is all and if the final patch is just bug fixes.

Nah pretty sure theres only half the game in the beta. They wanted to keep most of it a surprise for the actual launch.

From one of my backer updates

If you didn't quite keep up with all the news: the beta contains all the Arizona content of the game, roughly 25 hours for a regular playthrough, which represents about half the game, and contains all gameplay features save a few we're still testing out internally.

There is the flip-side to that coin where you might want to increase your Steam level now to increase your chance of booster pack drops. But you're definitely right value wise, crafting during the Steam sales is the shit. I speak authoritatively even though I've only been part of 1 Steam sale.....went up about 30 levels during it though.

Nah pretty sure theres only half the game in the beta. They wanted to keep most of it a surprise for the actual launch.

Thats what I was thinking, I'll wait till release.

Dr Dogg

If you got the cards sure but it's always a bit of a gamble as prices for the remaining cards you might need left get a touch higher or so I've found. Best policy would to buy the extra cards during non sales time and sell your unwanted ones during the sales.

Than again I'm almost upto £18/$30 in wallet funds after 4 days of Idle Master goodness. So from now one everyday ima Idlin' (well until I'm out of drops).

I'm waiting for the final release. Just in case something is missing. I don't really replay games at the moment since I've too much of a backlog.

saunderez

I'm waiting for the final release. Just in case something is missing. I don't really replay games at the moment since I've too much of a backlog.

Well yeah half the game is missing. I launch it every now and then and then remember if I get hooked I won't be able to finish it and then promptly quit out.

Gamersgate is having a TWD midweek. Season one and DLC is 80% off ($5 and $1 respectively) and Season two is 50% off.

Ewww Telltale codes. I nearly bought it too.

Yrael

I've been using Idlemaster - this really does work like a charm. :) I also just got my second foil card (Antichamber).

In light of the recent conversation about giveaways, I apologize if anyone sees this as an unnecessary dumping, after all these are some bundle leftovers. I just don't want to use the garbage rule since I don't want these to end up to some random lurker :)

Anyway, these are unclaimed keys from previous raffles, they should all work. I hope there's still someone who doesn't own these.

If they're trash, noone will take them and no harm done :p

saunderez

If you got the cards sure but it's always a bit of a gamble as prices for the remaining cards you might need left get a touch higher or so I've found. Best policy would to buy the extra cards during non sales time and sell your unwanted ones during the sales.

Than again I'm almost upto £18/$30 in wallet funds after 4 days of Idle Master goodness. So from now one everyday ima Idlin' (well until I'm out of drops).

Damn you're doing OK. I recycled most of mine back into cards, though I have earned enough tonight to buy a TF2 key. Gonna stockpile TF2 keys with the proceeds from now on for the next big game that hits the Ruskis unlocked. Then I'll be ready.....

I got 260-odd games to go so theres no end in sight for this idling train.

Dr Dogg

Damn you're doing OK. I recycled most of mine back into cards, though I have earned enough tonight to buy a TF2 key. Gonna stockpile TF2 keys with the proceeds from now on for the next big game that hits the Ruskis unlocked. Then I'll be ready.....

I got 260-odd games to go so theres no end in sight for this idling train.

Well let's put it this way, I've been very neglectfully of collecting my card drops so had a lot to get. Then again you sound like you have more than what I have/had to get through.

Well it bodes well for the next sale or when a few store items have their prices or store pages go live and see what the deal works out with traders.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome back Sub Zero!

Give them hell, Shadownet!

Parsnip

Hate is such a strong word.
I'm more like ambivalent. Loved the game when I played it, but since then I've played tonnes of better games, and as such don't have rose-tinted glasses when thinking of the game.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
It was the first FF game I got my hands on and it will always have that, but that's really it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I really should finish off TWD S1 on PC, I got through to episode 4 or so on the 360 before jumping ship to PC when I got it in the Humble Telltale Bundle, haven't really brought myself to get that far through it though. Played a bunch of TWAU though. Problem is I have Wolfenstein, Deponia Complete Journey and Transistor which I'd like to get through. I do want to get through TWD before the second season's over, but that would involve a pretty marathon-esque effort, I'd probably get sick of it.

saunderez

Well it bodes well for the next sale or when a few store items have their prices or store pages go live and see what the deal works out with traders.

Will be interesting to see what the next Ruski special is. Obviously no point waiting on the UPlay double (FC4 and AC:U) coz that ain't gonna happen but maybe theres hope for Civilization: Beyond Earth or possibly even GTA V (not getting my hopes up).

Vlad

I'm playing Cook, Serve, Delicious but am I doing something wrong or is 0-star mode really very slow? My buzz is kinda crap, but I can't afford equipment to do something about it and I make little money and need like 3-4 days to be able to afford anything, even including perfect days and all bets won so far... Customers aren't exactly coming at me quickly, aside from rush hour, and it's kinda boring so far. I need a restaurant upgrade so the levels can be a bit more challenging!

I'm enjoying the basic gameplay quite a lot and can't stop playing it, but I was hoping it was a pure time management action game and am not in love with all this metagame "buzz" stuff.

Did you buy all the available food items to start? It's been a bit, but I don't remember having any money issues in the beginning of the game, and was able to buy the deep fryer and stove fairly early on. I do find that eventually you can't get enough to buy every single food and their upgrades, but that's more towards the two and three-star areas (I'm at three stars right now).

I think it can get a bit hectic even in earlier levels, but my biggest issue with the game are the mandatory minimum days for each tier. Doesn't feel good to have beaten all the challenges in 6 days... but you aren't allowed to move on for 14 more days.

It's a bit of a slog early but the game gets impossible to handle (for me anyway) later on, so if you need more challenge, you'll get it eventually. :D

Yeah, while I do appreciate the game just shooting through the stars too quickly, I had the same issue. So far I've been able to complete all the star goals fairly early on, then have to just go through 12 or so days just to move on. I think what really makes it worse is that there's no fail condition. You don't have to worry about getting evicted for not paying rent, or any other such "game over" scenario. The only penalty for completely sucking seems to be that your buzz plummets.

Terra_Ex

Since we're discussing Telltale, I finished The Wolf Among Us last night (well almost, hit a bug right at the end so I'll redo it tonight) and I'll admit I was doubtful that I was going to enjoy it as much as TWD as I hadn't had any experience with the setting before, but holy crap after the first episode I was hooked. Wolf ran rings around TWD with its setting and characters and the only thing I disliked was each episode seemed shorter than the last (to the extent that the final 2 were kind of taking the piss even by TT standards). I seriously hope Wolf S2 is on the cards because I need more of this.

okiemok

Fans seem to like it. Here's the General W2 thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466361

But the current version on steam is evidently only around 50% of the final story-wise.

Jawmuncher

I play as well when I get chance. Brings tears to my eyes trying to carry in ranked as a support main.

I play LoL too >_>; Sometimes it takes up most of my daily gaming time.

I'll keep you two in my next time someone asks. I can't play it though far too much work for my laziness when it comes to playing games.

I really don't know why Telltale provided TT codes instead of Steam one. You need a connection to play those game, so the TT isn't DRM free. Also, forces you to do an account on their site.
Maybe because TT codes cost them nothing and so they don't need to provide money to Steam, so they can grab all the loot?

I guess they really don't like the 30% cut steam takes. Even though you know that's where they get most of their sales.
EDIT: keys don't do that so I have no clue what TT is thinking.

Zafir

I really don't know why Telltale provided TT codes instead of Steam one. You need a connection to play those game, so the TT isn't DRM free. Also, forces you to do an account on their site.
Maybe because TT codes cost them nothing and so they don't need to provide money to Steam, so they can grab all the loot?

I thought codes generated for a steam version didn't give Valve a cut either though? Only purchases through the steam store itself.

I'd wager they just want people to use their website instead of Steam so they can show off their other games to them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom