• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Lol you joke. But I'm going to send you 100 pictures of my butt in a gown.

qApxXhz.gif

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Anyway, its time for me to go in. I love you guys, I've been reading all your well wishes today. Over and over again. Thank you for everything.

Don't be doing something awesome without me :3 like giving away games I want :p

I'm kidding, enjoy your day everyone :D

Hopefully I'll talk to you all tonight. If not, its been an amazing ride, and thanks for showing me how amazing you guys and GAF can be. :) I'll never forget you all.

2465770-125828662272.jpg

wilflare

Anyway, its time for me to go in. I love you guys, I've been reading all your well wishes today. Over and over again. Thank you for everything.

Hopefully I'll talk to you all tonight. If not, its been an amazing ride, and thanks for showing me how amazing you guys and GAF can be. :) I'll never forget you all.

hug31.jpg

take care man! we will see ya soon ya!
you must come back so we can edit that butt attack. gif (reference to cboat)

Vuze

About that Dead Rising 3 activation lock: What does an publisher/dev achieve by utilizing this restriction?
I think it is one thing that a game might not officially release in germany, but why would they care beyond that? Isn't the only effect of this that they are missing out on additional sales (although i doubt DR3 will move that many units anyway)?
What am i missing?
Nothing, it's Capcpom. I really hope they remove the PRIC-Tag until release, I doubt I can get my money back since I bought it through a trader etc.

Talk to you later, all the best!

Lol you joke. But I'm going to send you 100 pictures of my butt in a gown.
I take your word!

hug31.jpg

YOU ARE A TROOPER

I see you tomorrow, in full force. FULL FORCE.

Gonna pray for you Shadow, heavily.

saunderez

All the best man, I really hope everything goes ok. You definitely won't be forgotten, that's for sure! My thoughts will be with you.....

Yrael

Best wishes! Hope to see you again in thread later.

Anteater

Playing a game like Divinity drunk is just asking for it:p I got my butt handed to me once cause I wandered into the wrong part of the wilderness and encountered some monsters I wasn't ready for. Lol

Yea I didn't think to check their levels first since I'm kind of not too far from town.

My bad yesterday, the embargo for Mind: Path to Thalamus footage was actually 4th August not 5th. So enjoy some screenshots I took ("spoilers" obviously) and bookmark the store page to buy it tomorrow ;)

I finished it yesterday and while it was rather short with about 5h of gametime it was an incredible and tense experience. Furthermore I'm sure you can spend much more time with it if you explore every corner. I just kinda pushed through it to finish it before release.

Album: http://minus.com/mBjRxylC5BoEo

Looks pretty cool, I hope there's a way to remove the grain filter

Vuze

Looks pretty cool, I hope there's a way to remove the grain filter

I'll ask the dev about it since the vignette effect ruins tiled shots. I like the grain tho, gives the game a nice artsy look imo. But since it is an UDK game, I'm sure there'll be a way.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hi guys, hopefully my following post won't be considered off-topic and annoy anyone. I just felt that I owed everyone and explanation and an apology for my recent behavior

First of all, I'd really like to apologize for all my snarky remarks, and especially this post:

Now the Gun Monkeys/Adventures of Shuggy/Torchlight GOG giveaways can finally stop.

At least I found some new candidates for my personal blacklist

I was an asshole and totally deserved whatever backlash this post got me. Some people consider me one of the "big givers" and a role model for other members. I believe that no one's contribution to the community should be measured by the quality and the quantity of the game's he's given and I can't express how sorry I am for offending people and especially new members. Personally I've given away all these games out of generosity, without wanting to elevate my status above other members. Even though I didn't mean to shit on anyone's giveaway, I can see why some folks got mad at me. The blacklist threat and my whole post were extremely silly (I didn't really block anyone). I just felt that some people were exploiting some free game promotions (mainly the PCGamer/Bundlestars one) to qualify for some generous giveaways that were running at the time (Especially Shadownet's who I consider a good friend and his giveaway was unique and amazingly generous, even though I didn't enter). In my opinion this is dishonest and insulting to both the giver and the other members and destroys any sense on trust and friendship that this community is built upon, but in the end I wasn't really in position to judge or call out anyone. Giveaways are a small part of SteamGaf and no one should fight over them.

And to further justify my recent behavior, I'd like to share something with you all, even though I don't like talking about my personal life with internet strangers. One of my best childhood friends had been battling cancer for the past year. Unfortunately he passed away recently which made me very depressed this whole time. Thought that maybe participating in a forum about one of my favorite hobbies and talking with people I like that know nothing about my personal issues would help me forget and do me good. This wasn't the case and I was a victim of frequent personal attacks that seem to be happening a lot lately on this thread. A line was crossed when one of the people who were antagonizing me created a fake account on Steam and added me to bombard me with very heavy insults and threats (I don't have any proof, but I know very well who it was). I don't know what I did to deserve such behavior towards me, but I want to believe that I didn't cause so much trouble. If the fact that I cheated a few bucks from Playfire is bothering some people so much, they are welcome to add me on Steam and politely discuss what I did and why I did it. There's no reason for them to keep bringing this up on thread and force me to defend myself each time. In a past thread, I said that I would stay out of any future playfire/GMG talk but this didn't stop them. If you don't respect me at least respect the other members that might be bothered by it

I've been having discussions with a few members from here lately (I also received a lot of PMs, I read them all, you guys are awesome :) ) and everyone seems to agree that SteamGAF is a funny place at the moment. Don't know what's the reason behind that, but for now I'd rather keep a low profile and mostly lurk. I will still participate in discussions but I won't be so active. Hopefully when everything gets back to normal and I am at a better emotional state I will be posting, participating (and giving away) more :)

That's all and sorry for the long post

Hi guys, hopefully my following post won't be considered off-topic and annoy anyone. I just felt that I owed everyone and explanation and an apology for my recent behavior

First of all, I'd really like to apologize for all my snarky remarks, and especially this post:

I was an asshole and totally deserved whatever backlash this post got me. Some people consider me one of the "big givers" and a role model for other members. I believe that no one's contribution to the community should be measured by the quality and the quantity of the game's he's given and I can't express how sorry I am for offending people and especially new members. Personally I've given away all these games out of generosity, without wanting to elevate my status above other members. Even though I didn't mean to shit on anyone's giveaway, I can see why some folks got mad at me. The blacklist threat and my whole post were extremely silly (I didn't really block anyone). I just felt that some people were exploiting some free game promotions (mainly the PCGamer/Bundlestars one) to qualify for some generous giveaways that were running at the time (Especially Shadownet's who I consider a good friend and his giveaway was unique and amazingly generous, even though I didn't enter). In my opinion this is dishonest and insulting to both the giver and the other members and destroys any sense on trust and friendship that this community is built upon, but in the end I wasn't really in position to judge or call out anyone. Giveaways are a small part of SteamGaf and no one should fight over them.

And to further justify my recent behavior, I'd like to share something with you all, even though I don't like talking about my personal life with internet strangers. One of my best childhood friends had been battling cancer for the past year. Unfortunately he passed away recently which made me very depressed this whole time. Thought that maybe participating in a forum about one of my favorite hobbies and talking with people I like that know nothing about my personal issues would help me forget and do me good. This wasn't the case and I was a victim of frequent personal attacks that seem to be happening a lot lately on this thread. A line was crossed when one of the people who were antagonizing me created a fake account on Steam and added me to bombard me with very heavy insults and threats (I don't have any proof, but I know very well who it was). I don't know what I did to deserve such behavior towards me, but I want to believe that I didn't cause so much trouble. If the fact that I cheated a few bucks from Playfire is bothering some people so much, they are welcome to add me on Steam and politely discuss what I did and why I did it. There's no reason for them to keep bringing this up on thread and force me to defend myself each time. In a past thread, I said that I would stay out of any future playfire/GMG talk but this didn't stop them. If you don't respect me at least respect the other members that might be bothered by it

I've been having discussions with a few members from here lately (I also received a lot of PMs, I read them all, you guys are awesome :) ) and everyone seems to agree that SteamGAF is a funny place at the moment. Don't know what's the reason behind that, but for now I'd rather keep a low profile and mostly lurk. I will still participate in discussions but I won't be so active. Hopefully when everything gets back to normal and I am at a better emotional state I will be posting, participating (and giving away) more :)

That's all and sorry for the long post
It takes a lot to accept mistakes and apologize.
Appreciated and welcome back Subby!

Volimar

That's rough, sorry about your friend Sub Zero. You're one of the funny guys too, you know. As far as I'm concerned, you're always welcome
even if you do make your best giveaways MAGAGIVERS ONLY

hug31.jpg

I'm late but I want to wish you the best of luck.

user237

Elder Scrolls Online is releasing the 1.3 update today.

This is a big update with many new features - armor dyes, guild improvements, and more stuff.

This might be a good time to jump in for those who are sitting on a code, or who took advantage of one of the $30 sales.

Grief.exe

I just sent Bethesda an e-mail about Quake Wars:

If this doesn't work, nothing will.

Excellent work Jase, I am impressed! I really appreciate the effort and I hope Bethesda gives you a response.

Even though I didn't mean to shit on anyone's giveaway, I can see why some folks got mad at me. The blacklist threat and my whole post were extremely silly (I didn't really block anyone). I just felt that some people were exploiting some free game promotions (mainly the PCGamer/Bundlestars one) to qualify for some generous giveaways that were running at the time.

Modbot is really not worth this much drama. At the end of the day it is just games being given away for others to enjoy. A few may slip through the cracks, but the majority will win.

Keep in mind those that you believe may be gaming the system is all for a small chance at winning, they are still far from guaranteed. And they may not be circumventing the protections anyway, possibly giving away games that required accounts or regional redtrictions to gain access to the games.

If you find yourself becoming this stressed about the giveaways, take a step back and evaluate why you are really doing the giveaways and why it causes you these issues.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Excellent work Jase, I am impressed! I really appreciate the effort and I hope Bethesda gives you a response.

...I just realised I accidentally put Exhibit 3a as Exhibit 2 and vice-versa, but I'm sure whoever will read the e-mail will notice the mistake.

Edit: I've sent a clarification, just in case.

abracadaver

Whats weird is is that Dead Rising 2: Off the Record has ProhibitDownloadInCountries DE set but you can download it without any problems in germany. How can that happen ?

JaseC

Whats weird is is that Dead Rising 2: Off the Record has ProhibitDownloadInCountries DE set but you can download it without any problems in germany. How can that happen ?

Either:

1) It was deprecated by PRIC, so the flag no longer does anything, or
2) For whatever reason it just doesn't work (this happened most recently with ACRTAG and The Witcher 3)

Edit: Bah, didn't switch tabs.

Volimar

I've got $4 in steambucks now. I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks jshackles! Now do I sell all my cards or craft some badges....hrmm...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-7C09D9F5190B5653 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Just Cause 2 -- MB-373569D12E86D969 - Taken by Newblade
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-8F6A3488567895CB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Modbot is really not worth this much drama. At the end of the day it is just games being given away for others to enjoy. A few may slip through the cracks, but the majority will win.

Keep in mind those that you believe may be gaming the system is all for a small chance at winning, they are still far from guaranteed. And they may not be circumventing the protections anyway, possibly giving away games that required accounts or regional redtrictions to gain access to the games.

If you find yourself becoming this stressed about the giveaways, take a step back and evaluate why you are really doing the giveaways and why it causes you these issues.

I think it comes down to everyone's personal viewpoint. Me and some other members were bothered by this kind of giveaways, as everyone can get multiple free keys for these games very easily and it's also kinda annoying to see the thread being spammed and useful posts with game impressions or Steam news being buried by them. I respect that not everyone shared my opinion however and it was my mistake for posting about it.

Like I said, it's extremely silly for members to start debating or fight over giveaways. It saddened me a lot to see that some members were reluctant about posting giveaways, because the games were not valuable enough. If my post was the reason, I would like to apologize again and promise that I will make up for it in the future

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
...I just realised I accidentally put Exhibit 3a as Exhibit 2 and vice-versa, but I'm sure whoever will read the e-mail will notice the mistake.

Edit: I've sent a clarification, just in case.

Well, I have a retail copy of ET:QW waiting, in case they ever add it, so while you're convincing them, if you could tell them to add the retail key list to Steam, that would be nice.

Anyway, I'm not going to wade too far into this (And Sub Zero, let me state that you, or nobody deserves to be treated like you describe) but there is a reason why I avoid the giveaway side of things like the plague.

JaseC

AssCreed Unity's map of Paris and how it compares to the actual map of the time (I was supposed to post this earlier but completely forgot):

tumblr_m5mfa6OocG1qb05kio1_500.jpg

Well, I have a retail copy of ET:QW waiting, in case they ever add it, so while you're convincing them, if you could tell them to add the retail key list to Steam, that would be nice.

Baby steps. ;)

I think it comes down to everyone's personal viewpoint. Me and some other members were bothered by this kind of giveaways, as everyone can get multiple free keys for these games very easily and it's also kinda annoying to see the thread being spammed and useful posts with game impressions or Steam news being buried by them. I respect that not everyone shared my opinion however and it was my mistake for posting about it.

The way I look at it, is if someone 'wins' any giveaway it was beneficial for someone. The 'free key' etc giveaways kind of work themselves out as the community gets flooded with them. If no one takes them, it isn't counted as giving a game away.

Same thing happens with bundle fodder. Try giving away a Bioshock key right now and see how long it takes :D

pahamrick

AssCreed Unity's map of Paris and how it compares to the actual map of the time (I was supposed to post this earlier but completely forgot):

tumblr_m5mfa6OocG1qb05kio1_500.jpg

Baby steps. ;)

Unity is looking so good. I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait until I do my PC upgrade next year before I bother getting into it. I don't have high hopes for the performance of the PC port.

Vuze

Unity is looking so good. I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait until I do my PC upgrade next year before I bother getting into it. I don't have high hopes for the performance of the PC port.

Yeah same for FC4 for me. I'd love to get it but with Ubi PC games, I'd rather wait before spending 60€ (lol!) on a game that runs like dogshit.

Thorgal

About unity since it is Ubi i always hold the same thing in the back of my head .

It looks nice . very nice , but how does it run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom