• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

ill be skipping this monday bundle. already own giana sisters and none of the games there interest me
especially guise of the wolf

Beelzebubs

Oh Steam, why do you troll me so. Get an item in my inventory so I start thinking thinking yay, a booster pack. It's a random coupon for Fist of Awesome :(

Oh snap.
85XxGhH.png
Saunderez you da best! Embarassing to think I got this for Bad Rats...
You really didn't have to. I told you. Thank you very much. You're a good dude.
That's surprisingly nice. Well then, good luck with your future efforts!
While you're at it: Try bringing Soldier of Fortune on Steam.

At Indiegala; only Omegalodon looks good. Anyone played it? Doesn't seem worth to get the bundle for only one game.

_hekk05

Banned
I've made more than a dollar just by selling repeat card drops. Thanks iDLEM@ster!

Gotta save up them wallet dollars so I can bomb people with bad rats on my bday

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Omegalodon is clearly an abandoned game, it didn't get any discount at all during the summer sale. I have no idea why it's getting bundled, but if you plan on buying it, a bundle is definitely going to be your best bet.

Oh crap I just entered omegalodan! but saw it was in a bundle! If I wins I will regift it!

You can send ModBot a PM with the subject disqualify me to delete all your pending entries.

Jawmuncher

I've made more than a dollar just by selling repeat card drops. Thanks iDLEM@ster!

Gotta save up them wallet dollars so I can bomb people with bad rats on my bday

Just remember the people who absolutely won't accept it.

Iashman
Phoenix
Marco
RionnaM

Turfster

Omegalodon is clearly an abandoned game, it didn't get any discount at all during the summer sale. I have no idea why it's getting bundled, but if you plan on buying it, a bundle is definitely going to be your best bet.

To add to that, there 's nothing single player about it, so you need to find people to play with... which wasn't easy when I tried it.
Maybe it'll be better now that it's been bundled, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Autofokus

The devs who put their games which only been out for a month in cheap bundles and thus pull the rug beneath the feet of the full-price launch buyers.

I don't know any dev who does this on purpose. If you see a month old game in a bundle, you can be sure that basically nobody bought in at regular or sale price.

Jadax

bahhhhh

Anyone going through a phase where you're very excited to play a game, end up buying it off some Russian, but then barely play 30mins and get bored.

I've been doing this for a month now...not sure why..

_hekk05

Banned
Just remember the people who absolutely won't accept it.

Iashman
Phoenix
Marco
RionnaM

You mean they already have bad rats? Or they're just allergic to rats?

Also I see your name isn't on the list.

huehuehuehue

RIP Jawmuncher. He won a game he already had.

Jawmuncher

Stumpokapow said:
You can send ModBot a PM with the subject disqualify me to delete all your pending entries.

I was the first to suffer winning a big game I bought thinking I wouldn't win. Now I'll be the last. My stupidity wasn't in vain.

You mean they already have bad rats? Or they're just allergic to rats?

Also I see your name isn't on the list.

huehuehuehue

They're extremely allergic. Like they would probably die if bad rats got onto their accounts. Also I already have bad rats. I'm all about those bad games. Though secret of the magic crystals seems to be the game if you already have bad rats .

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-176C0D65B5773D7C - Taken by freshVeggie
A lively, enjoyable platformer with long levels and a fairly high degree of difficulty. I only got through the first third or so before I got bored but it held my attention fairly well until that point
Diamond Dan -- MB-55922BDB45857927 - Taken by derExperte
Guise of the Wolf -- MB-9C1BE23026205E09 - Taken by Sub Zero
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-EFB16B727E22C9FC - Taken by swx

KarmaCow

Just noticed I've had Zombie Driver (non-HD) in my inventory and it's been delisted. Is there somewhere I can go to find how much it could possibly be worth?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rayman O&L have been my favorite platformers in a long time. Since I like the balance of speed and platforming they have. Not too fast like sonic and easier to maneuver when going fast than when I play Mario.

Though I can see how some of the levels can be a pain especially for someone who plays the games like you do where they are trying to explore everything.

Yeah, it'd be one thing if the levels consistently pushed you forwards (I would have deleted it after 2 levels instead of 10), but the majority so far have been chill enough that I didn't mind the lum placement feeling a bit scattershot and inconsistent. The game is too reliant on you collecting them to just ignore them though and this level pushed me over the edge.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
any way to get the USF IV digital upgrade slightly cheaper?

can anyone explain me how to use tf2outpost?? also how do i search for a specific game there??

Sign in via Steam.Then if you click the search option,you will find this
8uGy5sm.png

From the drop down click steam inventory and in that search box on left side write your game name,then do the search.

Dr Dogg

Diamond Dan looks a lot like the gameplay in Catherine.

My word it's pretty much is! I didn't really care for the story or characters in Catherine (still got the last level to do and see how my choices pan out but eh I think I'm good) but loved the block pushing gameplay. Cheers for bringing that up or I would have totally overlooked this. Bloody bundles!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody in particular.

You don't negotiate national policy by talking to common soldiers.

In the same spirit, it would seem to be more worthwhile to specifically email those higher up in the organization than an anonymous contact email.

any way to get the USF IV digital upgrade slightly cheaper?

Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Two things.

Firstly, I went through a process to save a single buck on the Twin Peaks: Entire Mystery Blu-Ray, and my friend was poking fun how I went through so much research and effort to only save a single buck on a product, to which I responded to him, "Hey, for a dollar I can get, like, 3-5 Steam games," and the worst part is in this day and age with bundles that is very true.

Second, I've been noticing GMG has been getting some ads on gaming sites, including GAF:

GMG_Ads.png

Hopefully that means they are doing well.

Kuroyume

Banned
[Free Steam Keys once Greenlit] Space Warp / BlackShadows

1. Click on the games above.
2. Vote for the games on Steam Greenlight.
3. Enter your E-Mail.
4. Join the Indie Kings Steam group.
5. Once the game is greenlit & released on Steam, you'll receive a FREE Steam key in your E-mail inbox.

http://www.indiekings.com/2014/08/free-steam-keys-spacewarp-blackshadows.html

Space Warp

http://spacewarp.mindcrew.com/indie-kings/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283566518

BlackShadows

http://cybertroc.fr/indie-kings/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294046048

Both look like crap but hey.... free

Sign in via Steam.Then if you click the search option,you will find this
8uGy5sm.png

From the drop down click steam inventory and in that search box on left side write your game name,then do the search.

ok that worked thanks

is ok to buy a key for 2.45 dollars or there are cheapear keys??

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик?

So he should invest in a time machine?

_hekk05

Banned
ok that worked thanks

If you pay through paypal you can buy 10 keys for 20 bucks batch from sellers. Some of them can be scammers, so you either pick the ones with good rep, or maybe try some of us in steamgaf (i forget who) or maybe the B/S/T thread

ok that worked thanks

Well depends on how much key you are buying.If you want to buy a whole lot then there are some traders which sales keys $1.8-$2,but it is done via paypal.But if you are looking for few then go with that market price.

okiemok

This is correct. Steamworks allows developers to generate unlimited keys for free.

Whatever Telltale's motivations for not selling Steam keys, I would imagine only causes frustration with consumers.

I would think possibly the motivation would be to build a mailing list.

It does seem very odd. At times (especially if I like the dev) if it is something I want I will buy from the original dev site when they offer a key for free as the dev gets a better cut of the same retail price.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-B2AD0A90E8B8D993 - Taken by Cozmogramma
Guise Of The Wolf -- MB-F9CE4C1CCC76FFFC - Taken by Fox318

indiegala links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom