• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Weird, all the non-steam games are cheaper on that BABM bundle.

(or they're all different minimums)

Lomax

Unlike previous Groupees build-a-bundles, the different games in this bundle have different prices. Lili, Isomer, and The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss are all $1 each, while all the others are 50 cents each. Wonder if they are still dividing the proceeds evenly or if that affects the developer share as well.

Does the price on Groupees increase with time?
Never bought from Groupees, but can you just buy 1 game? I only want Lily and it's making me pick 2 to 9 it says.

No, but they almost always have special days where you only have to buy one game minimum.

Mono

What a shame. ~JC Denton

On the Indiegala bundle.

Looks mad fun. Singleplayer would have been awesome.
Here some gifs.

Don't know if it's worth 1,79. Nothing else looks good to me.

That looks like it would be extremely fun with local multiplayer! I can't find anywhere if it supports that, though. Probably not. :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Almost 2.50! Praise the lawd for idlemaster. Havent had a single foil drop yet though, the only one I ever got was a TF2 foil :lol

Mono

Oh wow, this looks like one of the best bundles Groupees has ever done!

I know SteamGAF loves 100% Orange Juice, but can anyone reccomend anything else? Or is there a title on there that needs to be avoided? I watched all the videos and they all look pretty cool, particularily Isomer.

I played Little Big Adventure / Twinsen's Odyssey as a kid; I'm suprised to see that it's coming to Steam!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird, all the non-steam games are cheaper on that BABM bundle.

(or they're all different minimums)

I don't understand this... Little Big Adventure is no gog key, but Bloodrayne is? How does it make any sense?

Unlike previous Groupees build-a-bundles, the different games in this bundle have different prices. Lili, Isomer, and The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss are all $1 each, while all the others are 50 cents each. Wonder if they are still dividing the proceeds evenly or if that affects the developer share as well.

Sounds to me like they're running an experiment here to look at how they can maximize revenue in future bundles. How do users value Steam keys versus non-Steam keys, do users value more valuable games more than less valuable games or are they just buying for the +1, etc. The Build a Bundle structure makes for very easy generation of empirical data for comparison.

Jawmuncher

Oh wow, this looks like one of the best bundles Groupees has ever done!

I know SteamGAF loves 100% Orange Juice, but can anyone reccomend anything else? Or is there a title on there that needs to be avoided? I watched all the videos and they all look pretty cool, particularily Isomer.

I played Little Big Adventure / Twinsen's Odyssey as a kid; I'm suprised to see that it's coming to Steam!

100%OJ to get on that board game fun and 99 Spirits for a unique "jrpg"

Lain

Is Groupees usually slow with sending stuff via email? My Amazon payment stuff showed up instantly.

It's usually instant for me, when using Google Wallet. I had to use Amazon today though since Google Wallet wasn't getting through and I still don't have the games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can anyone login to DLH.net for that free key? I managed to register just fine, but when I login it just reloads the page.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-610EB329E35397D7 - Taken by danhese007
Helldorado -- MB-42DD312E6B933BBF - Taken by Lomax
Diamond Dan -- MB-0915D17A144A2261 - Taken by alr1ght
Guise of the Wolf -- MB-FF231E01893C0E10 - Taken by bluechox2
Omegalodon -- MB-0A3FF8167F97358D - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Ventara

Kinda weird how they've (Groupees BaB) priced things. First 2 games is $1.50, but then it alternates between $0.50 and $1 increases for every game, so it's cheaper to buy all the games in three separate groups than as a whole.

The games are priced differently. It's not dependent on the order.

Not exactly. Lili, Isomer, and Campaign Series are $1 each. The rest are 50 cents.

D'oh! You guys are right. My mistake.

Kinda weird how they've (Groupees BaB) priced things. First 2 games is $1.50, but then it alternates between $0.50 and $1 increases for every game, so it's cheaper to buy all the games in three separate groups than as a whole.

The games are priced differently. It's not dependent on the order.

Tizoc

Couple of questions
1- What's the most expensive/costly normal trading card atm?
2- Who here is good with photoshop?
3- Carrying on from #3, someone shop said expensive trading cards into my avatar's hand please.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Not exactly. Lili, Isomer, and Campaign Series are $1 each. The rest are 50 cents.

Arthea

Sounds to me like they're running an experiment here to look at how they can maximize revenue in future bundles. How do users value Steam keys versus non-Steam keys, do users value more valuable games more than less valuable games or are they just buying for the +1, etc. The Build a Bundle structure makes for very easy generation of empirical data for comparison.

but whats the point if they don't give any choice? I bought LBA because I thought it's a gog gift (I know, I should have checked), I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. But how do they know, that I have no interest in a game, or I'm not buying it because it's not gog/steam key?
They don't!

Amzin

Yea I didn't realize Bloodrayne wasn't a Steam key since all the others seemed to be, and it is on Steam. Am disappoint.

Anteater

In for Lili and 100% look at all dat juice

The memories seeing that name still brings up.
I remember hyping it up in the quake community I used to frequent, buying it day 1 and liking it pretty much but being like the only one that bought it there lol.

I remember it being one of the few single player fpses I could get into, probably because of the mechs

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
but whats the point if they don't give any choice? I bought LBA because I thought it's a gog gift (I know, I should have checked), I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. But how do they know, that I have no interest in a game, or I'm not buying it because it's not gog/steam key?
They don't!

Empirical tests don't need to be fully 1:1 like that to be effective, and they don't need to correctly interpret your individual motivations to be effective. If they notice that in aggregate, GOG keys sell less than Steam-when-ready keys, then they're going to form a conclusion about the value of GOG keys.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Next opportunity will be the winter sale in about 4.5 months.

And the wait is excruciating.

A line was crossed when one of the people who were antagonizing me created a fake account on Steam and added me to bombard me with very heavy insults and threats (I don't have any proof, but I know very well who it was).

I've been having discussions with a few members from here lately (I also received a lot of PMs, I read them all, you guys are awesome :) ) and everyone seems to agree that SteamGAF is a funny place at the moment. Don't know what's the reason behind that, but for now I'd rather keep a low profile and mostly lurk. I will still participate in discussions but I won't be so active. Hopefully when everything gets back to normal and I am at a better emotional state I will be posting, participating (and giving away) more :)

I hope things get back to normal soon. Depression can do things to people, so I sort of understand why you did what you did. I'm never really good with this kind of thing, but I hope things get better.

The way I look at it, is if someone 'wins' any giveaway it was beneficial for someone. The 'free key' etc giveaways kind of work themselves out as the community gets flooded with them. If no one takes them, it isn't counted as giving a game away.

Same thing happens with bundle fodder. Try giving away a Bioshock key right now and see how long it takes :D

Exactly. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one giveaway that didn't sit well with me.

Groupees' Build A Be Mine bundle will be live in 15 minutes. https://groupees.com/babmb

-Lili: Child of Geos
-Isomer
-The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends
-99 Spirits - Cage of Night

2 games minimum, more stuff unlocks later.

Hell yeah Cage of Night. Lili looks somewhat decent too, will buy.

And the bundle has started, what to buy, what to buy....

Little Big Adventure:

Even better news!

I bought Isomer from an Indie Royal bundle in the past, had to email the dev for a Steam key, and they never responded. So fuck that price.

StAidan

A little surprised I haven't seen more of these given away during the sale, so here's a few more. I opened it to all of SteamGAF this time (but no, I'm still not entering, tempting though it may be :) ).

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor #2 -- MB-41533CA3F90AA302 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 56 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-2688E7BBFCC61A9D - Taken by Vastag. 78 entrants total.

t1407181358z1.png

MadGear

As a fan of arena shooters and a former fan of Halo that TOXIKK game easily draws my attention. It looks less like that disappointing Halo 4 and more like a proper PC Version of Halo 2. Admitted I'm easily impressed by arena shooters and especially in this case with my former Halo affection I probably should lower my hype level a bit :D (but i would only consider supporting this after they show some proper gameplay footage, also don't know anything about the developers yet).

But as much as they celebrate it not being Free 2 Play ... i don't know if that will help the game at all with both Quake Live and UT4 being free games. Without having any hard facts to back it up, i think its save to say that the only successful "retail" multilayer shooters on PC are BF, CS:GO and maybe CoD. Even a massively hyped Titanfall seems to struggles to maintain a proper playercount (on PC) and on top this is an arena shooter, something that the average FPS player is probably not that interested in.
While i agree with them that F2P and Arena Shooter don't really work well together maybe they should have looked at CS:GO and Dota 2 and used the same workshop approach by selling user made weapon skins and/or armor pieces.
But then again it is great that they are planing to provide an SDK that will allow people to share their created content for free.

I'm really curious how this game will turn out and overall I'm glad to see more Arena Shooters.

Lomax

Yeah, groupees has always been willing to be a bit more experimental. I always thought it was strange that their BaBs still divided the sales profits evenly, even for the games not chosen. Will be interesting to see what the bonuses for this bundle are as well.

aku:jiki

Yeah, groupees has always been willing to be a bit more experimental. I always thought it was strange that their BaBs still divided the sales profits evenly, even for the games not chosen. Will be interesting to see what the bonuses for this bundle are as well.
I have never opted to not buy the whole thing in a BaB, but I'm really not trying to have yet another text-driven WW2 strategy game on my account... So do I have to pass some money threshold to be eligible for bonuses?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I bought Isomer from an Indie Royal bundle in the past, had to email the dev for a Steam key, and they never responded. So fuck that price.

I got my key, you need to be more polite next time and not email "GIVE ME MY KEY MOTHERFUCKERS"

Turfster

Bundlestars is doing a Nordic Games sale weekend.
First day is Red Faction Franchise 90% off and Alan Wake franchise 75% off

Ozium

bought Lili and Isomer from groupees along w/ an OJ to raffle but they are still processing my amazon payment (amazon took the money, but it will take a while on groupees end or something)

oh well, time for the weeklies

Arthea

Empirical tests don't need to be fully 1:1 like that to be effective, and they don't need to correctly interpret your individual motivations to be effective. If they notice that in aggregate, GOG keys sell less than Steam-when-ready keys, then they're going to form a conclusion about the value of GOG keys.

I see your point, but I think it would tell more if they gave choice what to get, then again, that probably makes it too complicated for a bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom