• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's surprisingly nice. Well then, good luck with your future efforts!
While you're at it: Try bringing Soldier of Fortune on Steam.

The Soldier of Fortune moniker was licensed from the US military magazine of the same name. It's not coming back unless Acti makes another game.

Tizoc

Yeah, it'd be one thing if the levels consistently pushed you forwards (I would have deleted it after 2 levels instead of 10), but the majority so far have been chill enough that I didn't mind the lum placement feeling a bit scattershot and inconsistent. The game is too reliant on you collecting them to just ignore them though and this level pushed me over the edge.

Not really you don't HAVE to collect the Lums in Rayman Origins, you only need to collect them for the 100%, like various other Platformers in the past.

Lain

Interesting, I didn't know shogo is on GoG...

The memories seeing that name still brings up.
I remember hyping it up in the quake community I used to frequent, buying it day 1 and liking it pretty much but being like the only one that bought it there lol.

Amzin

Not really you don't HAVE to collect the Lums in Rayman Origins, you only need to collect them for the 100%, like various other Platformers in the past.

You don't even have to collect all of them in most of the levels, just enough for the top medal. Played both games a ton with my wife and sometimes we had a full 25% more Lums than we needed

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ok that worked thanks

is ok to buy a key for 2.45 dollars or there are cheapear keys??

Like I said before, I can help anyone from here with cheap keys. I have a lot in stock currently so if you want to get them cheaper than the market price, PM me

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wonder if they got permission to use George Clooney's likeness
helldorado.jpg

Lomax

Had 65 cards listed on the market when I went to bed and only 2 sold... wonder if idle master is actually having an impact on the amount of supply.

This is what I see when I view their digital flyer.

MPcuaxE.png

In store only.

$5 off $40 worth of cards ends up feeling like a pretty paltry discount really. Better than nothing I guess.

Tizoc

So I can reach the final boss only ever breaking the one cage at the end of each level?

Been a long time since I played the game, but yeah just beating the level and breaking the cage should be enough to reach the final boss, since it's normal stage progression. The hidden Cages can easily be found too and some involve a puzzle but they weren't that hard in the early stages.

Just don't rush it in Rayman Origins and remember the proper timings in any tricky sections and you should be fine.

JaseC

You don't negotiate national policy by talking to common soldiers.

In the same spirit, it would seem to be more worthwhile to specifically email those higher up in the organization than an anonymous contact email.

Undoubtedly, but I couldn't find specific addresses for notable employees. To offer a counter-point to the more absolute opening metaphor, though, I contacted Ubi about Anno 1404 through the Ask a Question system, so evidently "talking to common soldiers" can work.

Amzin

Had 65 cards listed on the market when I went to bed and only 2 sold... wonder if idle master is actually having an impact on the amount of supply.

$5 off $40 worth of cards ends up feeling like a pretty paltry discount really. Better than nothing I guess.

It's basically a discount on cash money though. So if you use it to buy sale games you're stretching it even farther.

Currently playing The Darkness 2 thanks to the kindness of a fellow gaffer.
The game is a lot of fun, a pair of demonic limbs sure opens a lot of possibilities which combined with the ability to dual wield turns you into a real killing machine. I love ripping off a dor from a car to use as a shield and then throwing it like a frisbee to cut an enemy in half, while at the same time mowing down others with my 2 pistols.
Story seems good enough to hold my interest and VA is pretty decent.
Game looks dated but the art style is a nice, straight console port.
The game will still use on-screen button prompts from the 360 controller even when playing with the keyboard, had to actually unplug the controller to get kb/mouse prompts.
Been playing a lot of jrpgs lately so I needed the change of pace lol, violence is brutal by the way, all kinds of MK fatality style executions.

At work so I can't access Steam but what game does it resemble? Contra, Metal Slug?

The game hasn't been released yet so I can't give you any impressions, but based on the preview video on the store page, it definitely reminds me of NES games like Contra, Batman, Shatterhand, and the like.

derExperte

Groupees' Build A Be Mine bundle will be live in 15 minutes. https://groupees.com/babmb

-Lili: Child of Geos
-Isomer
-The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends
-99 Spirits - Cage of Night

2 games minimum, more stuff unlocks later.

JaseC

Groupees' Build A Be Mine bundle will be live in 15 minutes. https://groupees.com/babmb

-Isomer
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends

Worth it for Bloodrayne alone. The game was half off during the Summer Sale, yes, but that was the first time it'd been discounted at all since at least late 2010.

Ryne

Im in for bloodrayne and 100%. Don't think anything else interests me.

Didn't Lili: Child of Geos just come out? It's already in a bundle?

Edit: Came out in May

Arthea

-Isomer
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends

I almost bought Fall Weiss on release, glad I waited.

Also for all that's 100% and fun, buy OJ, people
I totally have no ulterior motives on this one, I only want what's good for you!

It's one great bundle in my eyes.

Tizoc

-Isomer
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends

Tsk, already have most of the games I'd want from this bundle. Might be interested in Cage of Night though.

The Soldier of Fortune moniker was licensed from the US military magazine of the same name. It's not coming back unless Acti makes another game.
What a shame. ~JC Denton
To add to that, there 's nothing single player about it, so you need to find people to play with... which wasn't easy when I tried it.
Maybe it'll be better now that it's been bundled, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

On the Indiegala bundle.

Looks mad fun. Singleplayer would have been awesome.
Here some gifs.
Don't know if it's worth 1,79. Nothing else looks good to me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bloodrayne is a GOG key? LAME

NotSelf

bahhhhh

Anyone going through a phase where you're very excited to play a game, end up buying it off some Russian, but then barely play 30mins and get bored.

I've been doing this for a month now...not sure why..

Sometimes I get bored of getting bored to understand why you should spend some time alone try Meditation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom